Multiplat The Walking Dead: A TellTale Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Took so long to play ep4, didn't even realised ep5 came out.

This season isn't as definitive as the first two, I'm left feeling ambivalent. It all felt like one long distraction. Playing as Javi was find and all, and it's nice glimpse into one of many potential stories that exist in this zombie-infested America, but I couldn't help but feel less invested overall. I wonder since this was a diversion from the main Clem path if they couldn't have tried to insert a happy ending in here somewhere. Everything that went wrong felt contrived to go as horrible as possible. I'd like a little more balance rather than a straight, "watch these characters we want you to care about die" simulator.

I'm only two episodes in, but my view of S3 is quite positive thus far. The choices still feel largely meaningless and the game is still too obsessed with striking down interesting characters before they're even developed for shock value, but there are a lot more positives to offset those weaknesses than there were in season 2. Looking forward to getting stuck into the rest.

Mid-way through ep 3:
Pretty freakin' obvious that the New Frontier doctor in Clem's flashback (the high one who told her the medicine wouldn't help AJ) is/was Jesus, I would have thought. Brand on his hand, which is covered by gloves in the current day, same name - Paul - and explains why he wanted to get to Richmond. I'm hoping they don't pump this up as a massive reveal because if I'm right they've already made it pretty damn obvious.

EDIT:
Nah, seems wrong now - I blame them for breaking the first rule of character naming and having two with the same name. :D

Last edited:
Is this worth getting?? Played the first two seasons which I enjoyed and also played the batman telltale game which I found rather disappointing.

Not sure if worth the time and coin?

Is this worth getting?? Played the first two seasons which I enjoyed and also played the batman telltale game which I found rather disappointing.

Not sure if worth the time and coin?
If you can get it cheap it's worth it. Nothing will ever match S1 but it's about on par with 2.

Honestly really disappointed with season 3. It started so brilliantly and it really struggled to keep the interest in the story up.

They continue to under-utilise the most interesting characters and relationships and pad the game with the vanilla ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took me a long time to get around to it but i finally finished the final ep of sea 3. Look it wasn't as strong as sea 1, maybe on par with 2. Didn't have a real punchy ending and i didn't really give that much of a s**t about any of the unfortunate deaths

except maybe tripp on the overpass

I played the entire game just doing what Clem said to do...as you would, so there wasn't really many difficult choices, outside of maybe who to save in ep 4

Enough meat in it to make it a worthwhile purchase for fans though

Finally started Season 3. Thought I'd wait till all eps came out so I could just play through it. Finished episode one

Don't mind it. Every decision I have made so far is siding with Clem :oops: Haha based on the choices stats it seems I'm not only one. 95% on one of the Clem choices and 85% on the other one.

Finally started Season 3. Thought I'd wait till all eps came out so I could just play through it. Finished episode one

Don't mind it. Every decision I have made so far is siding with Clem :oops: Haha based on the choices stats it seems I'm not only one. 95% on one of the Clem choices and 85% on the other one.
Yep I think we all did the same mate...sif you'd do it any other way. Bit of a flaw with this season

Happens a few more times but there are some choices in later eps that aren't so clem dependant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back