List Mgmt. Father/Son Eligible Kids List

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why people are getting worked up about this

F/S is dead as far as we want it to be or used to be known. The bidding system means there is only ever a small discount on offer

The days of Hawkins or Scarlett for next to nothing are gone

Not if your 1st selection isn't until rnd 3 each year.

Can you in a year that you know your going to take a value FS trade a first round pick for a good player?
No. Bidding for F/S players takes place before trading commences. Bids are then locked in and the picks used are quarantined to prevent clubs from abusing the system in exactly the manner you've described.

F/S is dead as far as we want it to be or used to be known. The bidding system means there is only ever a small discount on offer

Who wouldn't want a son of a gun playing for your side?

I agree there isn't much benefit to the lower ranked F/S, but the top ones are still a huge benefit.

Jack Viney went @ pick 26?

Tom Mitchell @ pick 21 was rated much higher.

Luke Macdonald @ pick 8. He is probably the one who didn't provide much benefit as he probably went at his true value.

but if there are 3 f/s kids we can pick, and even if they all get bidded on highly, we can still take them all with r1, r2, r3 picks. so its possible to get them for next to nothing, it just happens that its unlikely to get that many f/s kids in one year, although our 97/98 boys seem to be doing ok.

but if there are 3 f/s kids we can pick, and even if they all get bidded on highly, we can still take them all with r1, r2, r3 picks. so its possible to get them for next to nothing, it just happens that its unlikely to get that many f/s kids in one year, although our 97/98 boys seem to be doing ok.

For a club that has none, I'm not pinning my hopes on having 3 top flight ones in a single year ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Jarman is also available for a hawthorn father son selection. ... does Ben get to decide which club gets him?
This has been discussed in this thread and yes, it is down to his personal choice. But he is a mad Crows supporter and obviously lives in Adelaide so we'd have to be the front runner.

For a club that has none, I'm not pinning my hopes on having 3 top flight ones in a single year ;)

me either! just wanted to point it out that it is possible. the best chance seems to be with the 97/98 crop coming up, lets hope several of them are afl quality!

So in the 2016 draft , we have pick 14, 30, etc and we trade 14 out (hypothetically), can we then nominate pick 30 for Ben Jarman?

So we have to use first pick?

F/S Bidding happens before trade week - So the selections are locked in before any trades can happen. So we can't 'hypothetically' trade pick 14 away to secure Jarman at 30 - EIther a club bids a first round pick on Jarman and we used pick 14, or noone bids on him then we can use later picks on him

May be a little optimistic, but is there any vision of Ben Jarman playing?

F/S Bidding happens before trade week - So the selections are locked in before any trades can happen. So we can't 'hypothetically' trade pick 14 away to secure Jarman at 30 - EIther a club bids a first round pick on Jarman and we used pick 14, or noone bids on him then we can use later picks on him
Haha yeah that makes sense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back