List Mgmt. Father/Son Eligible Kids List

Remove this Banner Ad

That's not the answer to my question.

I'm struggling to come up with a name that would have got us that pick. Porps? No chance, Rutten? Nope, Reilly? Not a chance. Maybe 12 months earlier.

Maybe Scott Thompson or Richard Douglas.

Someone had to go because of our cheating management. That's the angst and it isn't pathetic.

True. But even under normal circumstances I would hope that an under performing, inconsistent former club champion player like Bernie would be shopped around while he still had value.

True. But even under normal circumstances I would hope that an under performing, inconsistent former club champion player like Bernie would be shopped around while he still had value.
I understand that and whilst I am a big Bernie fan realise we need to do more of it. But these aren't normal circumstances, we traded him because our management are cheats and the players know it.

I'm struggling to come up with a name that would have got us that pick. Porps? No chance, Rutten? Nope, Reilly? Not a chance. Maybe 12 months earlier.

Maybe Scott Thompson or Richard Douglas.
The only player of those that you mentioned would have been Douglas. So I wonder would we have traded Vince no matter how well he was playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like jarman has another on the way to
e8erehu4.jpg

wouldn't Jarman's kids be cousins with Edwards's kids ?
Didnt they both marry sisters ?
Could also have potential influence on the Edwards boys, assuiming all are good enough and Ben chooses Adelaide

Would Bunji and Edwards want their kids playing alongside each other?

Whilst off the field, neither would talk to each other, on the field they were both the utmost professionals towards each other, I can't see either getting in the way of their sons playing for the Crows if that's what their sons want to do.

Quite frankly I don't think Tyson's issues with our club stem so much from Andrew McLeod, but how his depature was handled. Even after getting his farewell game, it was as though we washed our hands of him. Our club was almost relieved to be rid of him, so they wouldn't have to deal with the complexity of his relationship with McLeod anymore, they could happily side with Andrew once and for all.

I get the feeling the Craig was very bitter about how Tyson got his way with regards to a send off game, which IIRC it was the leadership group who convinced Craig otherwise. It went against everything Craig stood for in that football should never be about the individual and I suspect this filtered through into our administrative staff, ie Trigg who clearly saw Craig as the best thing since sliced bread. If Craig resented Edwards for his send off game, it would be very easy to see why the relationship between the club as a whole and Tyson soured so quickly.

Yeh. Only 321 games, over 16 years. He was cut off in his prime! Poor bugger was screwed over.

You get your chance to go out on your terms if you retire somewhat prematurely. If you go a season too long, someone else has to make the call for you. Reckon Tyson might still think he's got another game in him.

Having spent some time with Port last year in a professional capacity, I can assure you he wouldn't be too far wrong. He is still the absolute picture of health and partakes in many of their full ground competitive drills and I'm proud to say he can still show the PAP players up!

I have little doubt that his poor form early 2010 had very little to do with his physical capabilities, but the mental toll of being a man in his early 30's, with 3 kids and a wife to support, would have on a professional footballer. He was the kind of player who should have been capable of playing past 350 games. He'd had very few soft tissue injuries throughout his career and was/is the utmost professional when it comes to looking after his body.

Maybe it was a bit selfish of him to request a farewell game, but considering our season had gone to complete s**t anyway, it was hardly a massive request and the day turned out to be a massive success in terms of result. Although I doubt Craigy saw it that way due to his philosophies regarding individuals in sport.

Either way, our club should have been supporting him as they did Bailey, especially given the 16 years and 321 games of service he had given them, yet it seems he was ostracised pretty much the second the final siren went against Fremantle.

Is it any surprise he's not too keen for his kids to be involved with our little academy, perhaps he's feeling a little bit used.

Edwards didn't leave the Crows in a great way, and now is being Portified…i hope if/when the time comes their families don't give us the cold shoulder.

Well it's either go to the Crows or head interstate. Unlikely they could go to Port.

Surely Edwards would rather them stay in Adelaide. I'm sure they'll make their own decision anyway.

One of Craig's (dare I say Adelaide's in general) great flaws was underestimating the role of passion and mateship in footy. They should be fostered at all costs, characters should be built up, milestones should be romanticised (like Geelong do in the weeks before milestone games) because you can build bonds in a team that give it intangible qualities that can take you places raw professionalism can't. I've always felt we've been too sterile in this regard and missed a trick.

One of Craig's (dare I say Adelaide's in general) great flaws was underestimating the role of passion and mateship in footy. They should be fostered at all costs, characters should be built up, milestones should be romanticised (like Geelong do in the weeks before milestone games) because you can build bonds in a team that give it intangible qualities that can take you places raw professionalism can't. I've always felt we've been too sterile in this regard and missed a trick.

Definitely - I think Craig's point was that you shouldn't need to "get up" for a game, ie your default setting should be to be prepared. But how can the players not be a little bit more motivated for, say, Thommo's 250th?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back