Universal Love I miss Bernie..

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
And i know Bernie misses us. Did you see on footy classified where he was on the lie detector and he was asked "do you like your new Melbourne team mates as much as your old Adelaide ones?" Bernie answered "yes". Lie detector dude said "thats a lie" and Bernie started laughing and said "yeah that was a lie".

I hate Triggy for making us loose Bernie, well for that and other stuff.
I will always remember him and tex in happy times. The odd couple.
Hope he gets 40 possesions, 4 goals and we win by 100.

Yeah that was quality. Never mind, I'm sure the ladies of Melbourne are looking after him.

And i know Bernie misses us. Did you see on footy classified where he was on the lie detector and he was asked "do you like your new Melbourne team mates as much as your old Adelaide ones?" Bernie answered "yes". Lie detector dude said "thats a lie" and Bernie started laughing and said "yeah that was a lie".

I hate Triggy for making us loose Bernie, well for that and other stuff.
I will always remember him and tex in happy times. The odd couple.
Hope he gets 40 possesions, 4 goals and we win by 100.

With or without Trigg - it was 100% the right decision to move on Bernie.

Have a quick look at the comparison between Bernie's 2013 and Matty Crouch's first 4 games.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...2=2&pid2=3940&type=A&fid1=P&fopt1=2012&fid2=S

Scary thing is that Crouch has plenty of room for improvement and is 10yrs younger.

Bernie was great for our club, but it was a very very smart decision to move him on.

I guess the point is that we could've had Bernie and Crouch Jr if our administration was less incompetent.

Well, no.

That wouldn't make sense. We know Bernie and Crouch had equivalent market value. If we'd had a higher pick we should have the higher pick, and Crouch Jr.

Honestly felt uneasy seeing him run around for the dees in round 1 but after that I got over rather quickly and haven't really missed him in the team after that

Yeah that was quality. Never mind, I'm sure the ladies of Melbourne are looking after him.

sadly for them he's been off the market for a little while

With or without Trigg - it was 100% the right decision to move on Bernie.

Have a quick look at the comparison between Bernie's 2013 and Matty Crouch's first 4 games.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...2=2&pid2=3940&type=A&fid1=P&fopt1=2012&fid2=S

Scary thing is that Crouch has plenty of room for improvement and is 10yrs younger.

Bernie was great for our club, but it was a very very smart decision to move him on.
I have always said that on a buisness and footy level swapping Crouch for Vince was the right decision. Only if Trigg wasnt an idiot we would have had both.

Well, no.

That wouldn't make sense. We know Bernie and Crouch had equivalent market value. If we'd had a higher pick we should have the higher pick, and Crouch Jr.
Without sanctions we'd have had a first and second round pick in 2013, AND Bernie Vince. The second round pick we would have had would likely have netted us Crouch Jr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, no.

Crouch Jrs real draft value is much higher than we got him with. I guarentee you if they could redo the draft again now knowing what they do he would be 10 spots higher.

Crouch Jrs real draft value is much higher than we got him with. I guarentee you if they could redo the draft again now knowing what they do he would be 10 spots higher.
I rate BoB but way too early to make calls like this. Recruiters don't pick players based on what they will do in their first 4 games in their debut season.

Or we could have pulled the trigger with a lower pick and over paid.

Without sanctions we'd have had a first and second round pick in 2013, AND Bernie Vince. The second round pick we would have had would likely have netted us Crouch Jr.

Not quite. Without the saga we would have had pick 8 (Salem/Freeman/Sheed) and Pick 31 (Karpany/Cutler/Hewett).

Bernie was worth an early pick in the 20's.... Regardless of the Tippett Saga we should have made this deal (even if we had Salem and Cutler).

I rate BoB but way too early to make calls like this. Recruiters don't pick players based on what they will do in their first 4 games in their debut season.
How they step up to AFL is actually very important. I guarentee his performances this year would bump him up the list.

Or we could have pulled the trigger with a lower pick and over paid.
There's also the argument that we also valued Matt Crouch a few (how many?) spots higher than everyone else simply because of the Brad factor. Having Matt on board goes a long way to keeping Brad at the Crows for life.

Not quite. Without the saga we would have had pick 8 (Salem/Freeman/Sheed) and Pick 31 (Karpany/Cutler/Hewett).

Bernie was worth an early pick in the 20's.... Regardless of the Tippett Saga we should have made this deal (even if we had Salem and Cutler).
Who's to say Matt Crouch wouldn't have lasted to 31? He was already ignored by every other club.

I am not sure what your point is. Bernie was worth a top 20 pick. Whatever player we picked up in that range would have been worth it. It was the right move by the club regardless of Tippett sanctions.
If Bernie was worth a top 20 pick then why did we trade him for Pick 23?

I am not sure what your point is. Bernie was worth a top 20 pick. Whatever player we picked up in that range would have been worth it. It was the right move by the club regardless of Tippett sanctions.

Not really, if we had both we would have better depth. At present we have very little depth at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back