LVFNL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the thoughts on Perri making the squad from mitiamo, has only played a couple games. Be interesting to see if he can make final side

it will be interesting to see how many of those blokes will make themselves available/unavailable for selection, i think its a bit of a farce that the league can think they are of a higher power and suspend player for not wanting to participate. obviously they want the best representation but i would think blokes may not think rep footy is the be all and end all and have other thing they'd rather be doing on a free weekend. i do hope a close to full strength side can be put on the park or the CHFL will have a field day.

it will be interesting to see how many of those blokes will make themselves available/unavailable for selection, i think its a bit of a farce that the league can think they are of a higher power and suspend player for not wanting to participate. obviously they want the best representation but i would think blokes may not think rep footy is the be all and end all and have other thing they'd rather be doing on a free weekend. i do hope a close to full strength side can be put on the park or the CHFL will have a field day.

At least give them a coach they may respect and want to play for otherwise as you say party time for chfl.

Roota I heard you boys had Pyramid on the ropes but couldnt deliver the knock out punch today? Sounds like it was a good game what was the run down? The boys I spoke to said Sir Roota did kick a nice goal late in the match as well.

And what about Calivil beat Miti? Geeeezzzzz Miti will have to pull their fingers out. I seen Andy Grant played how did he go anyone?

And what about Calivil beat Miti? Geeeezzzzz Miti will have to pull their fingers out. I seen Andy Grant played how did he go anyone?

Going to be a long year for Miti based in what we saw today. A ridiculous amount of turn overs, a lot in the last leading to goals and chunky mids who while they get a bit of footy just don't have the fitness base and therefore the accountability. Andy included. Still very smart, getting to good spots but very underdone I'd say.

Going to be a long year for Miti based in what we saw today. A ridiculous amount of turn overs, a lot in the last leading to goals and chunky mids who while they get a bit of footy just don't have the fitness base and therefore the accountability. Andy included. Still very smart, getting to good spots but very underdone I'd say.

Plenty of the Season to go but they are going to need to beat a big fish or two to probably grab a finals spot from here. How have you rated the recruits?

Plenty of the Season to go but they are going to need to beat a big fish or two to probably grab a finals spot from here. How have you rated the recruits?
Gunna be tough for them I reckon.
Spooner was good for his 6. Lead hard and took a few strong marks.
Perri was good without being great but is obviously a class act.
Merloi didn't do a lot and Ingley stood tall. Beside a tough first up against Grayling he has kept his own. Their midfield are the ones leaking goals. The Grant boys and McKean have returned in poor shape and like I said, win enough footy through the middle but can't double up contests. Fitzgerald missed again. Not sure on the reason

An impressive training squad has been named with a strong mix of players who have been part of the past two successful interleague campaigns and new players into the league or those who are progressing through to being prominent performers.

The intial training squad is;

BallanRyanCloster
BeaufortDamienDay
BeaufortJacobGarvey
BungareeMartyDufty
BungareeChrisO'Keefe
BungareeShaunFinlayson
BungareeJoelMahar
BungareeJasonLinke
BungareeDaveBenson
BuninyongSamTurner
BuninyongNedGilbert
BuninyongJarrodMorgan
Carngham LintonNathanPring
ClunesJaydenHind
ClunesNicholasHind
ClunesJustinHarris
CreswickAlexCode
CreswickLiamHepworth
CreswickCalebHepworth
DaylesfordJamesEvans
DaylesfordTrentNesbitt
DaylesfordMichaelCummings
DaylesfordSebastianWalsh
DunnstownSamJenkins
GordonMarkGunnell
GordonLukeGunnell
GordonAshMunari
HepburnDanielSmith
HepburnBrendanSutcliffe
HepburnAndrewMcKay
HepburnBradleyMcKay
HepburnKenCummings
HepburnDanO'Halloran
HepburnBrad Stringer
LearmonthGlenColeman
LearmonthJacobWerts
LearmonthBrentonPowell
NewlynNathanSkewes
Rokewood CorindhapLowellHunter
SkiptonTyroneRoss
SpringbankPaulMcMahon
SpringbankLukeFisher
SpringbankTimMalone
SpringbankTomEltingham
SpringbankJoelMaher
SpringbankSimonQuinlan
WaubraJasonDelaney
WaubraJimmyRushton
WaubraGeorgeRussell
WaubraNickSullivan

Don't worry about miti they will come good. Spooner and Perri will carry them to plenty of victories

Where is this info from mate?

Dunno how many pre teen magpie supporters will care about Didaks shady dealings when watching their former favourite player run around 10minutes from Bendigo. This is a gate taking raisers so off field indiscretions won't factor if a club believes they'll make a bob Woodrow
Have heard Didak is offering himself around other leagues as he didnt know Marong and Ycw were in the same league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard Didak is offering himself around other leagues as he didnt know Marong and Ycw were in the same league.
One of the lads heard his management had spoken to White Hills a while back but the Hillies dropped off and management then crossed wires and thought YCW we're from HDFL.. Not sure if it's rubbish or not

Interesting to hear people bag out the grants and Mckean for being chunky from what I hear is mckeans been in the top 3 players every week so far and for tom and Andy well we know they can play I did hear they smashed calivil in clearances but broke down at half forward

Roota I heard you boys had Pyramid on the ropes but couldnt deliver the knock out punch today? Sounds like it was a good game what was the run down? The boys I spoke to said Sir Roota did kick a nice goal late in the match as well.

I'll let Roota tell you all about his goal Dragon Fly but I can tell you that you heard right. Marong seemed to have the better of the contest for the majority of the day, getting out to a 30 odd point lead by about 20 mins into the 3rd quarter. Missed several chances late in the quarter that could have iced the game. Enter Paul Grayling. He kicked 2 of their 3 late in the third and continued on in the last. Marong's mid field basically stopped dead and Grayling (and Kennedy) then got the delivery that they hadn't had most of the day. Grayling basically did what he did to us in the semi final last year.

A couple of points - Pyramid Hill might be fragile without Grayling & and Marong must play 4 complete quarters if they are going to be competitive against the top sides.

I'll let Roota tell you all about his goal Dragon Fly but I can tell you that you heard right. Marong seemed to have the better of the contest for the majority of the day, getting out to a 30 odd point lead by about 20 mins into the 3rd quarter. Missed several chances late in the quarter that could have iced the game. Enter Paul Grayling. He kicked 2 of their 3 late in the third and continued on in the last. Marong's mid field basically stopped dead and Grayling (and Kennedy) then got the delivery that they hadn't had most of the day. Grayling basically did what he did to us in the semi final last year.

A couple of points - Pyramid Hill might be fragile without Grayling & and Marong must play 4 complete quarters if they are going to be competitive against the top sides.

Roota has been quiet about his excellence. Hellboy Linc Withers who has been a Champ up in the Northern Territory and in the GVFL interested to hear how he went?

Interesting to hear people bag out the grants and Mckean for being chunky from what I hear is mckeans been in the top 3 players every week so far and for tom and Andy well we know they can play I did hear they smashed calivil in clearances but broke down at half forward

Yes McKean is good, yes the Grants are good, yes they won the clearances. Calivil also kicked all but one goal in the last quarter from mids running through 50 un opposed. Even good players get caught running one way and some of Mitiamos good players just aren't accountable enough

Yes McKean is good, yes the Grants are good, yes they won the clearances. Calivil also kicked all but one goal in the last quarter from mids running through 50 un opposed. Even good players get caught running one way and some of Mitiamos good players just aren't accountable enough

Couldn't have said it better Claude, three good players will never win you a game of footy, unless they were three Gary Ablett Jnrs.
Was great to see Calivil have a good win, especially on a big day for the club. Still didn't play four quarters but they certainly bounced back from their disgraceful last quarter against YCW.

It was actually a good game to watch, close for three quarters with several lead changes but at the end of the day Calivil just wanted it more in the last quarter, they ran harder (both ways), used the ball much better and there pressure was outstanding. Several goals came from Calivils pressure in the forward half.

Big tasks for both teams this week though, the Vil travelling to Pyramid Hill where they will hope to be competitive against a very, very good side and Mitiamo badly need a win on the board to start their season.

The boys just need to play 4 quarters .. Mkean was good, tommy grant tried hard all day , Meroli very courageous.. And yes Perri was hampered with an injury, number 7 was very impressive for calivil

Pretty sure perri got tagged don't know the bloke that was on him think he was number forty something I'm sure number 7 started on ball then played forward for the rest of the game miti just didn't have a back to go with him fair player though hard match up done forward still rate Mckean and grants fairly high any tips this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back