LVFNL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

What injury did Perri sustain?
No 7, McDonald, is a mid fielder isn't he? Who was on him?

Yeah he is Claude, rarely seemed to have an opponent apart from when he went forward and had to be manned up, but I still think he kicked atleast 2 goals from the midfield, which you have mentioned, comes back to Mitiamo's accountability. Did notice in the bendigo addy that he isn't in the Interleague squad of 50 odd or whatever it is.
Miti will be much better when their players start to gel a bit better as they play together more often, but will that be too late into the season?.

Tips for this week

Bridgey by 30
Serp by 25
P Hill by 36
Newbridge by 80

Yeah he is Claude, rarely seemed to have an opponent apart from when he went forward and had to be manned up, but I still think he kicked atleast 2 goals from the midfield, which you have mentioned, comes back to Mitiamo's accountability. Did notice in the bendigo addy that he isn't in the Interleague squad of 50 odd or whatever it is.
Miti will be much better when their players start to gel a bit better as they play together more often, but will that be too late into the season?.

Tips for this week

Bridgey by 30
Serp by 25
P Hill by 36
Newbridge by 80

I think you will find YCW will lift with Didak in the team. Can see them pushing Bridgewater to 15 points or so.
Looks like Serp's Season is slowly getting going and should win by 3 goals over Miti.
Pyramid will be too good for Calivil 10 goals id say Calivil have had their day out for the year.
Newbridge by 50 points over Inglewood. Heard Inglewood were competitive around the ground last week against Bridgey but struggled to score.

Roota to put his feet up put his famous glove in the wash and have a rest for the weekend.

I think you will find YCW will lift with Didak in the team. Can see them pushing Bridgewater to 15 points or so.
Looks like Serp's Season is slowly getting going and should win by 3 goals over Miti.
Pyramid will be too good for Calivil 10 goals id say Calivil have had their day out for the year.
Newbridge by 50 points over Inglewood. Heard Inglewood were competitive around the ground last week against Bridgey but struggled to score.

Roota to put his feet up put his famous glove in the wash and have a rest for the weekend.

YCW getting to within 15 pts to The Machine is a big call. Dids in and Andy C out doesn't balance out to just over 2 goals with the current 4 time premiership side. Great for the comp if you are right but Bridgey are a very good side. The big concern is the big unfit Collins in front of the sticks. If the goal get at seasons end is as its tracking, he will be less than 40 and take 60 plus goals from any team does hit the bottom line hard

Roota has been quiet about his excellence. Hellboy Linc Withers who has been a Champ up in the Northern Territory and in the GVFL interested to hear how he went?

He was good without being great Dragon Fly. He showed he's a class player and made some of the younger Marong on ballers look silly at times but didn't have heaps of the footy.

I can't see YCW getting within 10 goals of Bridgewater. The deal with Didak is that he must play forward. How is he going to get the footy?

Big day for miti today, need to and should get a win today.

Saw the game at Miti today. The roos have some gun players. The full forward is a jet, great leap, strong hands and kicks straight. The bald blokes are also very good players and know where the pill is going to fall, they are hard and very smart. But their best today was the coach, nearly batted his age with 40 plus possessions. Okay some were the Trent Cotchin type touch and go but he is creative and never misses a target. I am genuinely surprised they are still winless. Serp have got some serious issues with their foot skills, can't hit a purple jumper. It's very basic stuff but the amount of turnovers is stunning. Look out if the combine can get this right as they will reap rewards from their endeavour which is very good. Another concern for the Bears is their "kick to mates" instead of kicking to the first or best option and when big Jimmy Orr wins every centre bounce yet the bears lose the clearances is frustrating for the supporters. On aside issue, 15 goals to the newy full forward is a huge achievement and may mean the season is still alive

Saw the game at Miti today. The roos have some gun players. The full forward is a jet, great leap, strong hands and kicks straight. The bald blokes are also very good players and know where the pill is going to fall, they are hard and very smart. But their best today was the coach, nearly batted his age with 40 plus possessions. Okay some were the Trent Cotchin type touch and go but he is creative and never misses a target. I am genuinely surprised they are still winless. Serp have got some serious issues with their foot skills, can't hit a purple jumper. It's very basic stuff but the amount of turnovers is stunning. Look out if the combine can get this right as they will reap rewards from their endeavour which is very good. Another concern for the Bears is their "kick to mates" instead of kicking to the first or best option and when big Jimmy Orr wins every centre bounce yet the bears lose the clearances is frustrating for the supporters. On aside issue, 15 goals to the newy full forward is a huge achievement and may mean the season is still alive[/QUOTE

Are you taking the piss?
Spooner was beaten all day, especially in the air. Poor kicking didn't help. Easily knocked off the footy and doesn't keep his feet. Grinton was ok but if he stopped playing for free kicks he'd be better. Turned the footy over half dozen times which is unlike him. Serps poor kicking kept Miti in the game and almost cost them

Saw the game at Miti today. The roos have some gun players. The full forward is a jet, great leap, strong hands and kicks straight. The bald blokes are also very good players and know where the pill is going to fall, they are hard and very smart. But their best today was the coach, nearly batted his age with 40 plus possessions. Okay some were the Trent Cotchin type touch and go but he is creative and never misses a target. I am genuinely surprised they are still winless. Serp have got some serious issues with their foot skills, can't hit a purple jumper. It's very basic stuff but the amount of turnovers is stunning. Look out if the combine can get this right as they will reap rewards from their endeavour which is very good. Another concern for the Bears is their "kick to mates" instead of kicking to the first or best option and when big Jimmy Orr wins every centre bounce yet the bears lose the clearances is frustrating for the supporters. On aside issue, 15 goals to the newy full forward is a huge achievement and may mean the season is still alive

Interesting summary. Spooner got two goals and then dragged in the last quarter and Perri had a handful of touches for the day ( bald bloke) that mail was from a Miti lad and Serp who you say couldn't hit a target to save themselves somehow won the game?? Serp dont seem to have been able to recapture the form that saw them dominate the Home and away series last year but heard they still have a fair few to come into the line up and the Comp may well be more even.

It does leave Miti in a spot of bother though given a quick look at the draw has them playing Bridgewater then Newbridge in their next two matches they would need to win one of those plus beat YCW and Inglewood to reach the half way mark at 3-5 and have the light flickering. The 5 is starting to look like Bridgey, P-Hill, Serp, Newbridge and Marong.

Any word on how the Didak day went for YCW? I heard the crowd was handy at best without being anything like a finals crowd but I did hear they sold out a breakfast at $60 a head be interested to know if there was much of a profit in the wash up.

Interesting summary. Spooner got two goals and then dragged in the last quarter and Perri had a handful of touches for the day ( bald bloke) that mail was from a Miti lad and Serp who you say couldn't hit a target to save themselves somehow won the game?? Serp dont seem to have been able to recapture the form that saw them dominate the Home and away series last year but heard they still have a fair few to come into the line up and the Comp may well be more even.

It does leave Miti in a spot of bother though given a quick look at the draw has them playing Bridgewater then Newbridge in their next two matches they would need to win one of those plus beat YCW and Inglewood to reach the half way mark at 3-5 and have the light flickering. The 5 is starting to look like Bridgey, P-Hill, Serp, Newbridge and Marong.

Any word on how the Didak day went for YCW? I heard the crowd was handy at best without being anything like a finals crowd but I did hear they sold out a breakfast at $60 a head be interested to know if there was much of a profit in the wash up.

I'd heard the exact opposite about Didak; that the breakfast was cancelled due to lack of interest. Looks like it wasn't a great crowd either. I'd also heard that the cost of Didak was covered by a benefactor so I assume YCW wouldn't be overly concerned with the turn out.

Anyone catch the game? The result certainly not what I expected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd heard the exact opposite about Didak; that the breakfast was cancelled due to lack of interest. Looks like it wasn't a great crowd either. I'd also heard that the cost of Didak was covered by a benefactor so I assume YCW wouldn't be overly concerned with the turn out.

Interesting I heard a bloke from YCW say they sold it out in 2 days so be interesting too hear what was the case. If he was covered by a supporter they've had a good day regardless then.
I sense that YCW are better than what they showed against you guys Hellboy particularly at home and while they are unlikely to play finals they might grab a scalp or two at home if they are up and about.

The Pyramid vs Serp game this week should be a ripper because Pyramid look to be a stonger unit this year and if Serp get rolled its going to be a battle for them to lock down a top 3 spot later in the year.

Sounds like sour grapes marong

Went to watch Bridgy V YCW to see Didak, the bloke could barely run and didn't looked interested. Spoke to a few guys from there who said he did his hammy a couple weeks ago and it looked like it. Was kicking on the wrong foot. Was not a bad turnout for such ordinary weather.
Does sound like sour grapes for Marong but they would struggle to get anyone to go and watch again who went on Saturday. Doesn't have the same appeal as a Fevola

Went to watch Bridgy V YCW to see Didak, the bloke could barely run and didn't looked interested. Spoke to a few guys from there who said he did his hammy a couple weeks ago and it looked like it. Was kicking on the wrong foot. Was not a bad turnout for such ordinary weather.
Does sound like sour grapes for Marong but they would struggle to get anyone to go and watch again who went on Saturday. Doesn't have the same appeal as a Fevola

No sour grapes from us mate...we had just been told that the breakfast had been cancelled. If that is incorrect that is terrific

No sour grapes from us mate...we had just been told that the breakfast had been cancelled. If that is incorrect that is terrific

Are you serious? You and hellboy sooked on here, members of your club committee sooked in public and private and to YCW.

Sounds like you should be thankful you didn't get him

YC a hard team to pick they were level with pyramid at half time, in front of bridgewater at three quarter and competitive with serp yet got blown away by the side most likely to finish fifth and struggled to beat Calivil. Very Jekyll and Hyde.

The arrogance coming from marong these days is newbridge like

Are you serious? You and hellboy sooked on here, members of your club committee sooked in public and private and to YCW.

Sounds like you should be thankful you didn't get him

YC a hard team to pick they were level with pyramid at half time, in front of bridgewater at three quarter and competitive with serp yet got blown away by the side most likely to finish fifth and struggled to beat Calivil. Very Jekyll and Hyde.

The arrogance coming from marong these days is newbridge like

It is not arrogance to express an opinion Frank. We were disappointed as we thought we had come up with something that would have been a good day for our club but it wasn't to be so we move on.

Righto lads let's start firing out some selections

Bridgey to continue Miti's run of bad losses by 45 points.
Serp and Pyramid should be a cracker. Heard Pyramid have lost recruit Rhys Bradley who has moved interstate with work so they will be on the hunt for a replacement. Serp to win by 5 points.
Marong should do a number on Calivil ( How did Miti lose to Calivil?) by 48 points.
Newbridge to beat YCW by 59 points in good touch atm are the Maroons. Ford to get 8.

Anyone else?

Look for a shock result this week. Boys at miti are pumped and ready to turn it on. Perri to bring his A game in preparation for the rep match

But their best today was the coach, nearly batted his age with 40 plus possessions. Okay some were the Trent Cotchin type touch and go but he is creative and never misses a target.

will win the league best and fairest, he has the gift of genius

Look for a shock result this week. Boys at miti are pumped and ready to turn it on. Perri to bring his A game in preparation for the rep match

The Memo seems to have gone out to LV Club's run a tag with Perri and life is good. Will wait to hear about his and Miti's form against the best the comp real backs to the wall type situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back