LVFNL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously they didn't attend the GF last year!! S#!t set up, Beer sales.... Beer sales, I'm not sure if these a trick to getting a beer there but it wasn't a pleasant trip to the bar! S#!t ground to watch the game unless you are right on the fence! And I don't follow anyone in the league so I'm the sort of person they are targeting by having it there!

Add to that the poor netball court surface and poor football surface (hard as a rock) and the lack of toilets and facilities and yep i can see why we have a winner in Marong.

I may have missed something here, but how does having the new netball courts ready for 2015 justify playing the game at Marong in 2014?

If you want to go on facilities and then proximity to Bendigo (and you've ruled YCW out for similar reasons to Marong) you would head to Newbridge every single day of the week. It is an extremely impressive set up.

Add to that the poor netball court surface and poor football surface (hard as a rock) and the lack of toilets and facilities and yep i can see why we have a winner in Marong.

I may have missed something here, but how does having the new netball courts ready for 2015 justify playing the game at Marong in 2014?

If you want to go on facilities and then proximity to Bendigo (and you've ruled YCW out for similar reasons to Marong) you would head to Newbridge every single day of the week. It is an extremely impressive set up.

I personally don't really care where the grand finals are in this league but why don't some of you flogs whining and moaning on here put your hands up for a job on league committee and stop getting on big footy, flogging on about how unfair and unreasonable it all is.

If you guys did then perhaps it might make this thread more interesting to read, some more talk about the actual games of football and less of all the junk that is being dished up in here.

I personally don't really care where the grand finals are in this league but why don't some of you flogs whining and moaning on here put your hands up for a job on league committee and stop getting on big footy, flogging on about how unfair and unreasonable it all is.

If you guys did then perhaps it might make this thread more interesting to read, some more talk about the actual games of football and less of all the junk that is being dished up in here.

Hahaha what a joke. No point talking about the footy, it's all over, Bridgewater by how far.

How do you get on the league committee? Seems to be a closed shop, where the appointees are there to look after each other as opposed to the best interest of the league.

Maybe the fact that people are saying it's unfair is reflective of how the LV community feel about the decision.

Sorry for having an opinion on an important issue there 'grand_armee'. Facts are the league committee is restricted to club reps, and the actual board who made this decision "without consultation" is restricted to a select few. No problem with the decision if all clubs get a say and it was 5-4 minimum in favour (even though personally I dont agree at least that would be a democratic decision). The fact no-one was asked is the issue.

Sorry for having an opinion on an important issue there 'grand_armee'. Facts are the league committee is restricted to club reps, and the actual board who made this decision "without consultation" is restricted to a select few. No problem with the decision if all clubs get a say and it was 5-4 minimum in favour (even though personally I dont agree at least that would be a democratic decision). The fact no-one was asked is the issue.

LVFL Clubs hope for rain and plenty of it come finals time it could be the only way for a tight finals series. YC were close to knocking Pyramid off shame for them they couldn't get over the line. Any more talk of the Twi boys signing on for Pyramid?

LVFL Clubs hope for rain and plenty of it come finals time it could be the only way for a tight finals series. YC were close to knocking Pyramid off shame for them they couldn't get over the line. Any more talk of the Twi boys signing on for Pyramid?

Finals looks like it could be tightly contested amongst the four sides other than Bridgewater to be honest

Finals looks like it could be tightly contested amongst the four sides other than Bridgewater to be honest

Carisbrook's demise to not even make the GF in the Maryborough Comp last year after totally dominating the Comp should serve as notice not to give up on winning the flag until its handed over. Interesting match this weekend is Inglewood vs Calivil can Inglewood get on the board guys those who have seen a bit of both teams this year?

The decision to play the finals on a surface like what's on offer at Marong is one of the most illogical decisions when the facilities at Newbridge are first rate. Makes you wonder what sits behind such a bizarre decision

The decision to play the finals on a surface like what's on offer at Marong is one of the most illogical decisions when the facilities at Newbridge are first rate. Makes you wonder what sits behind such a bizarre decision

Surface isn't perfect but it is a long long way from diabolical like you blokes are suggesting. It came up well for last year and I would think would again this year

Just reading the minutes from the last lvfnl board meeting in particular the decision re the gf at Marong. Of particular note they say that facilities should be a consideration in deciding where the gf will be held. WTF! On that basis Marong would be the last place in the league where you would hold the gf due to all the reasons already mentioned. Although I am not from Newbridge I would put it fwd as the the best facilities not only in Loddon but arguabley central vic. What is not lost on me is that the league president is also from Marong! I'm just wondering if there is something going on behind the scenes, i.e a deal with the city of Bendigo. Perhaps there will be an announcement in the near future for some money to be spent on the facilities? just a thought.

Surface isn't perfect but it is a long long way from diabolical like you blokes are suggesting. It came up well for last year and I would think would again this year

If it's not perfect and there are surfaces that are perfect why wouldn't you play there ?

What about the netball courts?

Other than distance to the fountain in Bendigo on what measure does marong exceed the facility at newbridge?

Id love to hear your honest opinion.

My view is none.

Change rooms
Spectator facilities
Netball courts
Football ground
Kids playground
Toilets
Shelter for spectators

The only thing that marong win is distance and number of lvfnl executives on the board.

If it's not perfect and there are surfaces that are perfect why wouldn't you play there ?

What about the netball courts?

Other than distance to the fountain in Bendigo on what measure does marong exceed the facility at newbridge?

Id love to hear your honest opinion.

My view is none.

Change rooms
Spectator facilities
Netball courts
Football ground
Kids playground
Toilets
Shelter for spectators

The only thing that marong win is distance and number of lvfnl executives on the board.

Mate obviously Newbridge is a far superior facility at present as it should be given that it had to be totally rebuilt after the devastating floods.

I just don't reckon our joint is as bad as many are making it out to be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate obviously Newbridge is a far superior facility at present as it should be given that it had to be totally rebuilt after the devastating floods.

Well maybe we should use it until your joint is at the same level or better.

Is / was cohuna used for its facilities or because the league president was from the club?

It's not bashing marong for facilities and grounds, it's the decision. That's not marong's fault.

Well maybe we should use it until your joint is at the same level or better.

Is / was cohuna used for its facilities or because the league president was from the club?

It's not bashing marong for facilities and grounds, it's the decision. That's not marong's fault.

Maybe we should Frank. To be honest I don't really care where it is played.

RIP Loddon Valley Football League 1903-2014

We all know the AFL Victoria's plan is for a Bendigo Regional Football League with divisions, relegations, etc. It would be nice to hold onto the Loddon Valley aspect of the league for as long as we can, however. Showcase the big match as well as the Loddon Valley region by rotating the GF as has been successful for over 100 years.

RIP Loddon Valley Football League 1903-2014

We all know the AFL Victoria's plan is for a Bendigo Regional Football League with divisions, relegations, etc. It would be nice to hold onto the Loddon Valley aspect of the league for as long as we can, however. Showcase the big match as well as the Loddon Valley region by rotating the GF as has been successful for over 100 years.

I hadn't heard anything about a relegation system between the leagues in the area being touted at all? Wouldnt get too carried away about the GF personally I would like to have seen it at Eaglehawk and if not possible Newbridge but wouldnt worry me too much too watch a GF at Marong.

I hadn't heard anything about a relegation system between the leagues in the area being touted at all? Wouldnt get too carried away about the GF personally I would like to have seen it at Eaglehawk and if not possible Newbridge but wouldnt worry me too much too watch a GF at Marong.

Which LV grounds would worry you to watch a GF at?

Hey roota Not gunna take issue with you on the venue being able to be worked on and getting it up to speed. And once the ball is bounced it don't matter jack what the rooms were like, what the run down to the ground is like and what the public facilities are offering, it will be all about the most important bloke in every footy club in Australia and that bloke is, ......... the bloke who can get the footy. So I am on your side, almost. And as is the common theme in the comments on this pretty important issue, Marong. Ain't the showcase ground for the Loddon Valley. If you want to give the best teams to show their skills to the best crowds at the best venues, you gotta make the best decisions to cause that to happen. And if that ground is at Marong or YCW or where ever, it doesn't matter. Love the banter between you blokes who must have a lot of history but this is the only one that has dragged in the thoughts of other watchers who are justifiably concerned with this situation

Hey roota Not gunna take issue with you on the venue being able to be worked on and getting it up to speed. And once the ball is bounced it don't matter jack what the rooms were like, what the run down to the ground is like and what the public facilities are offering, it will be all about the most important bloke in every footy club in Australia and that bloke is, ......... the bloke who can get the footy. So I am on your side, almost. And as is the common theme in the comments on this pretty important issue, Marong. Ain't the showcase ground for the Loddon Valley. If you want to give the best teams to show their skills to the best crowds at the best venues, you gotta make the best decisions to cause that to happen. And if that ground is at Marong or YCW or where ever, it doesn't matter. Love the banter between you blokes who must have a lot of history but this is the only one that has dragged in the thoughts of other watchers who are justifiably concerned with this situation

It's a big issue and it has drawn much debate. To be really honest it says to me that there are lots of people out and about the league who are passionate about their clubs and the league as a whole which can only be a good thing. I have no official involvement at my club or league at a committee or board level so don't have any insight into decision making but for me the fact that there is such debate is somewhat of a positive thing. I'd much rather people have views and be passionate about things then not give a stuff about it all. The thing that I don't like as much is the personal cracks at people who put their hands up to take on those roles. I have enjoyed my time in the LVFL so far and actually wish I had come across years ago. It is a ripper comp. I understand that people will always have differing views but I don't think this will bring the comp to its knees

*Yer Round 1 is a long time ago and they have obviously dropped off alot since then. Hopefully things are on the up as a couple of ex Dragons out there love the Club atmosphere but somewhere along the line you need success on the field as well.
Pyramid pulled in Parker last week from Leitchville any other whispers of recruiting before clearances close before the end of the month?*

Mitiamo look to be having a bit of a dip before June 30 judging by the clearance list.

Tips this week? Mine are:
Marong by 21 points. YCW on the improve that's for sure. Morris running the midfield and is in super form.
Inglewood by 7 points. I'm tipping an upset. Inglewood desperate for a win and calivil have been dissapointing of late.
Pyramid by 10 points. Haven't been impressive of late and mitiamo have found some form. Probably would of leaned towards miti but my mail is perry is out for a couple due to injury.
Newbridge by 27 points. Best of the rest in my opinion and serp just haven't looked like it. Ford to kick 6

*Yer Round 1 is a long time ago and they have obviously dropped off alot since then. Hopefully things are on the up as a couple of ex Dragons out there love the Club atmosphere but somewhere along the line you need success on the field as well.
Pyramid pulled in Parker last week from Leitchville any other whispers of recruiting before clearances close before the end of the month?*

Mitiamo look to be having a bit of a dip before June 30 judging by the clearance list.

Can these blokes make the difference for Mitiamo to make them finals contenders? Anyone know their positions and form?
Darryl Dyson
David Tuddenham
Garth Boldiston
Joel Pianto (cleared to another league for 1 week and now back soon to be known as Fev)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back