• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Alfredo Rojas

Pain&Gain
Jun 21, 2014
Altona
AFL Club
GWS
Good Friday Football has been given the green light by the AFL to commence either in 2015 or 2016... Which two teams do you think should kick start the event? and please provide reason for it...

Teams are ones that at one stage or another been linked to event

Think the doggies or saints deserve a blockbuster game. So is be happy with them. Carlton would be good to pull numbers, but I think a lot of people will go anyway being the only game for the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the doggies or saints deserve a blockbuster game. So is be happy with them. Carlton would be good to pull numbers, but I think a lot of people will go anyway being the only game for the day.
I think AFL should trial the blockbuster with North & Dogs reason AFL need give opportunity to smaller VIC clubs... Saints kinda establishing own marquee games with Blues on annual Monday night and Anzac Day NZL... Roos & Dogs don't yet have a real blockbuster

Doubt WA or SA will host event if for Melbourne charity as in RCH appeal...

So right, there are Childrens Hospitals in other cities than Melbourne - locals would prefer to support their own hospital.

FWIW I think an evening game at Metricon would be a TV & attendance winner, so many holidaymakers on the Coast - v the Hawks, the Pies, the Cats, a big drawing club.

So right, there are Childrens Hospitals in other cities than Melbourne - locals would prefer to support their own hospital.

FWIW I think an evening game at Metricon would be a TV & attendance winner, so many holidaymakers on the Coast - v the Hawks, the Pies, the Cats, a big drawing club.
Possibility might be TWO games.. 1 outside VIC however i heard if was to happen might be just on Fox footy dunno if a fund raiser however it could be...

Hawks vs Cats play Easter Monday same weekend so doubtful

Whoever plays it should be a football decision, not the broadcasters calling the shots which seems to have been how this year's fixturing was constructed.

Something that isn't already an event (derby, showdown) or includes a very high profile team.

More than happy for North to be involved. They've lobbied hard for a long time and don't have a marquee fixture. Put them against the Bulldogs or St. Kilda - regardless of the opponent it's going to be a decent-to-good crowd and great TV exposure.

Back