Remove this Banner Ad

JD-Roo

Premiership Player
May 31, 2007
Kilmore-East
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A belated apology people.

The Brisbane loss can be blamed on one North Melbourne person.

Me.

I wore A North shirt during the telecast, but due to travel arrangements that I didn't know about, I wasn't wearing THE North shirt and top that has seen us through every win this season.

Now..........the awkward admission.

Due to school holidays and travel, I arrived where the family was on holiday about 1am after last weeks great win over the Hawks. A couple of days away then back home...........

To find that the key North top is MISSING out of the clothes that came back - and it may be a couple of months before we get back there.

I'm sorry guys.............. I'm really sorry.......

Similar things have happened in the past. I'll post them when I've recovered. Anyone else got anything that's their fault....??

Last edited by a moderator:
The 1998 grand final that didn't happen.

I went out the front early in the second during the 96 grand final to kick the footy to myself. I was angry and convinced if I composed myself North would come back. The rest is history.

I tried it again in the last quarter of the 98 Grand final. Unfortunately my luck ran out and it wasn't enough to drag us over the line. For a month or so I was gutted. At the age of 10 I made a commitment to always hate the Adelaide crows...that hatred still burns very brightly.

Sorry guys, I'm to blame!

A belated apology people.

The Brisbane loss can be blamed on one North Melbourne person.

Me.

I wore A North shirt during the telecast, but due to travel arrangements that I didn't know about, I wasn't wearing THE North shirt and top that has seen us through every win this season.

No...... the awkward admission.

Due to school holidays and travel, I arrived where the family was on holiday about 1am after last weeks great win over the Hawks. A couple of days away then back home...........

To find that the key North top is MISSING out of the clothes that came back - and it may be a couple of months before we get back there.

I'm sorry guys.............. I'm really sorry.......

Similar things have happened in the past. I'll post them when I've recovered. Anyone else got anything that's their fault....??
Damn you *shakes fist*

I'm going to microwave my membership like that twit a couple of years ago!!!

The 1998 grand final that didn't happen.

I went out the front early in the second during the 96 grand final to kick the footy to myself. I was angry and convinced if I composed myself North would come back. The rest is history.

I tried it again in the last quarter of the 98 Grand final. Unfortunately my luck ran out and it wasn't enough to drag us over the line. For a month or so I was gutted. At the age of 10 I made a commitment to always hate the Adelaide crows...that hatred still burns very brightly.

Sorry guys, I'm to blame!
Damn you *shakes fist*

I'm going to microwave my dogs membership!!!

For me Arsenal and North Melbourne can't both win on the same weekend. When Arsenal wins I'm over the moon but then a sinking feeling comes because I know North are doomed to lose. It's awful, I can't enjoy Arsenal wins when the two seasons coincide.

For me Arsenal and North Melbourne can't both win on the same weekend. When Arsenal wins I'm over the moon but then a sinking feeling comes because I know North are doomed to lose. It's awful, I can't enjoy Arsenal wins when the two seasons coincide.
You down with RVP yeah you know me!
UNITED!!! UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years ago I was too crook to train & bus it out to VFL Park for a game against the Pies. I lay on the couch listening to it on the radio and worked out early in the second that as long as I stayed right there we played well. The moment I got up the Pies would get a run on.

My Mum thought that was ridiculous, until I got up a couple of times in the third and proved it.

Final siren - and a win - was followed by a frantic run to the loo.

Singing the song before the game is played.

I have passed this on to my boy too, when they played the hearts to hearts bit on Friday night before the game he turned to me and said "I don't like this, I don't like this at all".

Singing the song before the game is played.

I have passed this on to my boy too, when they played the hearts to hearts bit on Friday night before the game he turned to me and said "I don't like this, I don't like this at all".

This. I tell my boys that they can't sing the song at the start of the game. They can clap but they can't sing. On the night of the Brisbane game we were driving down to Phillip Island and out of nowhere my youngest started singing So Join in the Chorus from the back seat. We were doomed.

Also, in 1998 I got into the superstition of wearing a fairly heavy coat to North games in the second half of the year and it coincided with the team getting a run on late in the year. In fact, we won 11 straight and I wore the coat during all of them - even on the couch watching at home during interstate games. Most of the 11 wins were either at night or on cold days so wearing a big coat was also practical. But on Grand Final day it was windy but pretty sunny so by half time I was sweating bullets so I took it off. Five mins into the third I sensed that I'd made a mistake and put it back on. Alas, it was too late and I'd killed the positive vibe of the coat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. I tell my boys that they can't sing the song at the start of the game. They can clap but they can't sing. On the night of the Brisbane game we were driving down to Phillip Island and out of nowhere my youngest started singing So Join in the Chorus from the back seat. We were doomed.

Also, in 1998 I got into the superstition of wearing a fairly heavy coat to North games in the second half of the year and it coincided with the team getting a run on late in the year. In fact, we won 11 straight and I wore the coat during all of them - even on the couch watching at home during interstate games. Most of the 11 wins were either at night or on cold days so wearing a big coat was also practical. But on Grand Final day it was windy but pretty sunny so by half time I was sweating bullets so I took it off. Five mins into the third I sensed that I'd made a mistake and put it back on. Alas, it was too late and I'd killed the positive vibe of the coat.

In 1998 I went to a Palm Reader at a Fete around July...she offered me a wish at the end...so I wished for a Flag...

....11 wins in a row and 5 goals up at half time in the GF & I thought I should have wished for a million dollars...

nekminit...

FpsePJM.gif

Reminds me of the time I and a few others were talking to John Longmire at a supporters function in Tassie in '96, one guy says to John that he'd seen North play only something like 11 times, but never seen them win, but that he was heading to Melbourne later in the year for a big game.

John says "You needn't ******* bother"

It's like the time back in the early 90's when me and a Japanese mate jumped into a Sri Lankan's taxi in Lygon street after eating at a nice little Italian restaurant. The Sri Lankan (who was half Egyptian) said "who your Scotish footie teem?" I said mate I dont support English footy because I am an Australian. He then told me he was cousin's with a 10 year old Fijian David Rodan who he said would eventually get drafted by Richmond after visiting Gasometers Polish Palm Reader.

As it turned out we played Richmond that night at the G and got beaten by a point and I completey blame myself.

Needless to say I never got a lift off a Sri Lankan Taxi Driver in Lygon St again!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back