List Mgmt. 2014 trade/draft/FA/delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just curious, within reason what would be a fair trade for davis who has been constantly hampered by injuries??
Wait. Why do you want him then??? FFS at least hide your cotempt for us or bugger (read f***) off!!!
Sorry just read the FB page AFL draft supposedly qouteing Tyson recommending all Giants players to ditch us for Vic. Yet thats not what he said at all.

not really like for like as talia is better/younger

Yeah, I remember when Talia kept Buddy to one, with a busted kidney and kept Tippet to 1 while he was on him (off the field when he kicked his second) in the return match.

Actually - no, wait, that wasn't Talia, that was Davis that did that.

I am pretty sure Davis hasn't had his colours lowered this year.

They are both very, very good defenders who will get better throughout their careers.

Also, there is barely 12 months between them in age. The whole I'd keep him cause he's younger argument might come into it when there is 3 or 4 years but 1 year? Mmmm.... Not so much.

But all that said. I'd be happy if you keep Talia too. I'm more than happy with G1.

Actually I decided to have a look at both players stats just to see how much better Talia is than Davis.

Talia has played 10 more games than Phil.

Phil averages more disposals (both contested and uncontested), clearances, rebound 50's and marks per game than Talia does - and has kicked more goals than Talia (6-3)

Talia averages more inside 50's and 1%

There is barely a bee's d*ck between them on tackles but Talia has the very slight edge. (1.8 to 1.6)

Phil has given away 53 frees and gotten 55. Talia has given away 55 and gotten 39 - advantage Phil.

As I said both very good players and I am not dissing Talia - and of course there are lies damned lies and statistics. But our team plays for Phil - does Adelaide play for Talia?

When you say he is younger and better I would beg to disagree on the latter (and as I said 13 months is not a lot in terms of age when they are both in their very young 20s)

Last edited:

To be honest I don't see anything hugely controversial in there. I did like this bit though:

The top-three pick and Oakleigh Chargers product did not seek the trade

Me, at the rumour-mongering monkeys on BF? Or Tyson? I'd say one is, but not the guy racking up possessions for Melbourne. ;)
Haha nah not you mate.
True he is killing it down there. But who wouldnt with a bit of skill.
Maybe he said those things because he was offered up instead of requesting?
Personally seeing the players during and after games I have no fear of a mass exodus. Just annoyed at the lack of respect for what we are trying to do up here as a club. You dont see mass exodus talks to traditional state clubs or it to be allowed/attempted on their pages....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...layers-move-away/story-fni5f91a-1226996566727

Did you guys see this article featuring Dom Tyson??

Really disappointed with some of Dom's quotes in this. Up until now he has been pretty measured and good about the trade but this is a fair dinkum PR job.

Glad he's going well and happy in a team that will be rubbish for another 5 years.

Surprised you are unhappy with that? Didn't think he said anything out of line or disrespectful, just stated the facts about how hard it is to compete with all the other young guys.

I must admit though both Tyson and Miles are a shining example to some of your guys who are looking to return to there home state of how well you can do at another club.

What is the situation with Dylan Shiel? In that same article it links him to a few Vic clubs. Is he contracted? To be honest I am surprised Richmond were mentioned as I don't really feel like he is the type we need.

Surprised you are unhappy with that? Didn't think he said anything out of line or disrespectful, just stated the facts about how hard it is to compete with all the other young guys.

I must admit though both Tyson and Miles are a shining example to some of your guys who are looking to return to there home state of how well you can do at another club.

What is the situation with Dylan Shiel? In that same article it links him to a few Vic clubs. Is he contracted? To be honest I am surprised Richmond were mentioned as I don't really feel like he is the type we need.

After that under handed compliment about how great the world is outside western Sydney let me just say
"Go and get F****d"

Dylan Shiel is contracted until the end of 2015.

Dom Tyson had just signed a new contract with us so sometimes the actual contract can be irrelevant but whereas Dom was in and out with us Dylan is part of our best 22.

The rumours with Dylan have been strong since Choc left as Dylan is dating his daughter. Any team would be better with him.

The rumours with Dylan have been strong since Choc left as Dylan is dating his daughter. Any team would be better with him.

I do wonder about some of the rumours - given the age in question and the distance involved, are they actually still dating?

I think they are mate but as you said we're talking about 20 year old's so it's not like his wife. I think the main thing for him was being in a competitive team as he must be sick of losing. We really need him as he just adds so much class, would be gutted if he left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I understand the phrasing of your question correctly you'd be better of without a player so badly affected by injury.

We on the hand value him extremely highly, and would trade at that value ;)
well ok what would you trade for him regardless

Yeah, I remember when Talia kept Buddy to one, with a busted kidney and kept Tippet to 1 while he was on him (off the field when he kicked his second) in the return match.

Actually - no, wait, that wasn't Talia, that was Davis that did that.

I am pretty sure Davis hasn't had his colours lowered this year.

They are both very, very good defenders who will get better throughout their careers.

Also, there is barely 12 months between them in age. The whole I'd keep him cause he's younger argument might come into it when there is 3 or 4 years but 1 year? Mmmm.... Not so much.

But all that said. I'd be happy if you keep Talia too. I'm more than happy with G1.
ok you can believe that, but dont reckon anyone non-gws supporters would agree tbh. davis is good but not talia standard. talia right now is likely all australian so..

IF he wanted to go home, at 24 he is proven key defender who will only improve..

Maybe Dangerfield :p
mm no thank you! i honestly cant think of a trade where either one of our clubs didnt get destroyed by the other unless it was for draft picks

cant really see it happening unless davis really pushed for it which is unlikely as captain. but one can hope!

mm no thank you! i honestly cant think of a trade where either one of our clubs didnt get destroyed by the other unless it was for draft picks

I think you're right tbh, it would have to be a pick trade..
Hopefully he stays where he is, we like him.

ok you can believe that, but dont reckon anyone non-gws supporters would agree tbh. davis is good but not talia standard. talia right now is likely all australian so..

Heh the only person saying Talia is AA quality is his own teammate, so no bias there. :D

well im not saying it just because i believe so. many all australian predictions have included him. time will tell!

I did a Google search and the Pods article was literally the only AA mention I saw for Talia in the first two or three pages.

The upside of the Tyson article is that it proves GWS have extremely talented kids that will flourish at other clubs. Imagine how good they can be if they all become elite talents together. Flourish would be an understatement. Do they leave for potential short term success (although Melbourne lol) or stick it out for better prospects and potentially more success when they reach the primes of their career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back