Buddy's contract killing Sydney's depth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouldn't begrudge him chasing a retirement fund at another club for a few years. Would prefer to keep him, but not on the same salary he'll be able to attract from a Melbourne or Carlton.

Wouldn't begrudge mal for leaving. With the retirements coming , the club could afford to pay him what he wants, I just think they will refuse to pay it to a 30 year old half back . He is a great player but I think the club will still to their guns, if we didn't have the players to replace him it would be a different story. If he can get more money elsewhere for the last few years of his career , good luck to him.

Wouldn't begrudge mal for leaving. With the retirements coming , the club could afford to pay him what he wants, I just think they will refuse to pay it to a 30 year old half back . He is a great player but I think the club will still to their guns, if we didn't have the players to replace him it would be a different story. If he can get more money elsewhere for the last few years of his career , good luck to him.
Who does come in to replace him?

Other than Rhyce Shaw who is 32?

Who does come in to replace him?

Other than Rhyce Shaw who is 32?

Shane Biggs, zac jones, rohan can go back and use his pace. With our midfield pretty full with Kennedy, jack, hanners, Lloyd , Mitchell, jetta, bird ,Cunningham , the first option could be to throw mcveigh back into the role. He has played it before, got plenty of exp and has decent skills

1 player.
They just grabbed up 2 players.
Get at least into 3 players before one can even begin to say they are losing depth due to paying most of their cap to those pair.

Even if Alex Johnson can ever get over his acl problems, he could go back to playing on the 3rd tall like he was and in 2012 and rampe could slot into malceski's role. Rampe hasn't got the greatest skills, but they are improving, he is a long kick and is courageous, we have a few options, replacing mal is hard but we can cover it

But didn't Malthouse say we had the best depth he has ever seen?:rolleyes:

Pretty sure there's already a 100 page thread saying the same thing that was posted after Everitt, Mumford, White and Armstrong left at the end of last season.

I wouldn't begrudge Mal chasing some cash considering he'll be 31 next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol.. No worries, just frees up more space for Frawley. ;)

Haters gonn' continue hatin'

Who is going to make an offer for him?

As long as he doesn't go to the Hawks or Collingwood, i won't really feel bad about him leaving. Sure he's a great player, but at 30 with a flag (or two..) under his belt, it might be time to chase the Pesos.

Last edited:
I think Tippett is doing more Damage to Sydney's depth. He is on similar money to Franklin and hardly plays any games.

This is spot on.
However, weren't Tippo's first 2-years front loaded so more room to manuever at the back 2 years of his contract?

In either case Biggs, Rohan and Jones all have the ability to play that role down back so if Mal goes, he goes with good luck and best wishes knowing we'll be alright.

When cola gets removed it will have a massive impact

And about bloody time ...let's not digress but cola has to go for May team to be able to compete fairly

The average rent in Sydney is about 170-200 more than Melbourne or Perth ....if we timed that by every player over the whole year we would get about $400,000 $960,000 ...plus food in Perth is more expensive than Sydney ....and our land taxes, car taxes, fuel are often higher ......

The whole salary cap is about 9.6 million for each of 15 clubs....gws, GCS and swans have 10.5 million as they have cola

If Tippett and franklin are chewing up almost 1.8 mill that leaves roughly 8.7million ....

Now many clubs only pay 95% of the cap ......so that would be 9 million roughly

So yes they can afford to pay franklin and Tippett and have decent list around them

However when cola goes it will get more challenging ....

This is spot on.
However, weren't Tippo's first 2-years front loaded so more room to manuever at the back 2 years of his contract?

In either case Biggs, Rohan and Jones all have the ability to play that role down back so if Mal goes, he goes with good luck and best wishes knowing we'll be alright.

Whatever happens we need to reassess Tippett and if he can play a role for us 2015 and beyond he can't be missing this amount of games per season.

Malceski will be 30 this year.

The swans will only offer him 2 years max @ 400k-450k

other Clubs will need to offer him 3 yrs @ 650k or 4 yrs @ 500k

All the best if he decides to go, will i need to change my avatar name?

Malceski will be 30 this year.

The swans will only offer him 2 years max @ 400k-450k

other Clubs will need to offer him 3 yrs @ 650k or 4 yrs @ 500k

All the best if he decides to go, will i need to change my avatar name?

I don't think we'll be offering him 450k mate. I'd say we'd be around the 250 mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back