List Mgmt. 2014 trade/draft/FA/delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit though both Tyson and Miles are a shining example to some of your guys who are looking to return to there home state of how well you can do at another club.

Miles is from NSW. Came to us as a zone pick.

Good to see him getting games and doing well, though. I didn't want to lose him.

10464331_295687493943914_5723723609448523012_n.jpg

Would suit you guys pretty well up forward.

Being a RFA we can match his offer and keep him. How about we let him walk to you, and then trade pick 5 and the Higgins compo (pick 19 most likely) for one of Patton or Boyd.

Higgins, picks 5 and 19 for Patton or Boyd. Win win situation.

Thoughts?

Being a RFA we can match his offer and keep him. How about we let him walk to you, and then trade pick 5 and the Higgins compo (pick 19 most likely) for one of Patton or Boyd.

Higgins, picks 5 and 19 for Patton or Boyd. Win win situation.

Thoughts?

The attraction in Higgins is that he's a RFA so that people don't need to give up anything for him. If that gets taken out of the equation, all of a sudden he's a lot less interesting - an often injured player who's gone several years with flashes of brilliance but no ability to string together great games.

The attraction in Higgins is that he's a RFA so that people don't need to give up anything for him. If that gets taken out of the equation, all of a sudden he's a lot less interesting - an often injured player who's gone several years with flashes of brilliance but no ability to string together great games.
Higgins won't get a end of first round compensation so its pick 5 + mid 20s for Patton or Boyd. And Boyd doesn't want to go to Dogs. He wants to go home. :p ;)

just curious, within reason what would be a fair trade for davis who has been constantly hampered by injuries??

Id forget trying to get discount for injuries. You either want him back or not. He is contracted I believe.

So It would take a very good pick and perhaps a young player with potential to be very good Hartigan or a solid best 22 player and a lesser pick eg. McKay

Im sure you would have a better idea of Crows list. Think of a player that would hurt to let go , not one you laugh to see him gone

Pick 5 from the dogs MAY make me think about trading jaksch/Stewart. Pick 5 doesn't get in the same hemisphere for Boyd/Patton/Cameron/Tomlinson

Pick 5 from the dogs MAY make me think about trading jaksch/Stewart. Pick 5 doesn't get in the same hemisphere for Boyd/Patton/Cameron/Tomlinson

No one should be shocked if in 3 years time Tomlinson isn't the standout of those, no one has reminded me so much of a young Roo since, well Roo..

Id forget trying to get discount for injuries. You either want him back or not. He is contracted I believe.

So It would take a very good pick and perhaps a young player with potential to be very good Hartigan or a solid best 22 player and a lesser pick eg. McKay

Im sure you would have a better idea of Crows list. Think of a player that would hurt to let go , not one you laugh to see him gone
yeah could but wouldnt give away sloane/danger/tex/crouch for him and we can hardly afford to give away draft picks after not having a first round for like 3 years. douglas is possible. maybe douglas and hartigan? dunno what it would take. depends if davis is pushing for a move or not (i think not)

yeah could but wouldnt give away sloane/danger/tex/crouch for him and we can hardly afford to give away draft picks after not having a first round for like 3 years. douglas is possible. maybe douglas and hartigan? dunno what it would take. depends if davis is pushing for a move or not (i think not)

Douglas is a good mid, but I don't see GWS needing any, and especially at 28. We have some seriously good mids playing in the NEAFL week in week out.
One of the oddities we see on this board a lot is the idea that 2 "lesser" players equals one good one, unless we have free spots on the list for passengers the idea is flawed, thus my agreement with your earlier comment, it would have to be about picks at some point..

Douglas is a good mid, but I don't see GWS needing any, and especially at 28. We have some seriously good mids playing in the NEAFL week in week out.
One of the oddities we see on this board a lot is the idea that 2 "lesser" players equals one good one, unless we have free spots on the list for passengers the idea is flawed, thus my agreement with your earlier comment, it would have to be about picks at some point..
well surely you need experience also douglas is hardly a bad player? he is actually very good hence being included in last years all australian squad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well surely you need experience also douglas is hardly a bad player? he is actually very good hence being included in last years all australian squad

This year maybe, next year no.
Have a quick look at our mids, a 28 year old would only be stealing a spot from someone who would otherwise be tuning up for our "window".

I'm not disrespecting Douglas, he is a good experienced mid, but I don't see who we should drop to give him 23 games?

Have a quick look at our mids, a 28 year old would only be stealing a spot from someone who would otherwise be tuning up for our "window".

I'm not disrespecting Douglas, he is a good experienced mid, but I don't see who we should drop to give him 23 games?
yeah i feel ya

if you look at melbourne though, roos brought in some experience which made the team infinitely better. cross is over 30 and vince is like 28 and both have contributed A LOT

if you look at melbourne though, roos brought in some experience which made the team infinitely better. cross is over 30 and vince is like 28 and both have contributed A LOT
Indeed, but their list is/was a basketcase compared to ours, esp in the mids...
Witness, Dom Tyson.

Add Boak and Wingard and we can start talking!

One bloke I wouldn't mind us looking at is Nick Malceski. He is unrestricted and is a real talent who relies on skill not pace so should still be effective for a year or two. He would help shore up things down back.
Lol our captain and wingard? your kidding mate with the form Cameron's in.

Obviously our mistake. How dare we not base it all off recent form while injured instead of previously stellar years... :rolleyes:

Off course I am but so is offering a non A grader (but very good player) that will be 25 next year for the best young CHF in the game.

Cameron has been down on form this year because of a wretched run with injury, form is temporary, class is permanent.

We won't trade him unless we absolutely have too and if we do we will be getting several players and or picks.

I see your problem.

You're someone who is absolutely incapable of seeing the value players, or what value they have for their own team.

In short, you propose Big Footy Trades, that are mysteriously unbalanced towards the side you barrack for.

Well you offered Hartlett and pick 15 - just as LOL-worthy. In fact, closer to ROFLMAO than just LOL.

Just a note for all future posters in this thread

CAMERON IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE - GET THAT INTO YOUR THICK F*****G SKULLS - HE HAS SAID HE WILL RE-SIGN BEFORE THE YEAR IS OUT - A YEAR BEFORE HIS CONTRACT RUNS OUT.

Well you offered Hartlett and pick 15 - just as LOL-worthy. In fact, closer to ROFLMAO than just LOL.

Just a note for all future posters in this thread

CAMERON IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE - GET THAT INTO YOUR THICK F*****G SKULLS - HE HAS SAID HE WILL RE-SIGN BEFORE THE YEAR IS OUT - A YEAR BEFORE HIS CONTRACT RUNS OUT.

In any case, if he was going anywhere, the way to get him to your club isnt to talk to GWS about what we'd trade him for.

Its to talk to him and his manager about what stonkingly large bag of cash each year for how many years you'll offer him.

GWS doesnt need picks, and we cant afford cap room for established star players (see other 2015 re-signings). Therefore, we wont voluntarily trade Cameron.

On the other hand, if he got offered a Buddy style deal that we wont match, then he's probably gawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back