Preview Hawks vs $wans - Changes & Discussion. Light refreshments and Cola being served.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we still had Brett Kirk to stop him as Kirk was brilliant at it back in the day. Mitchell has been more damaging against the Swans than he used to be and I am worried about how well he is going to play on Saturday.
Kirk was a master at the 'tackle opponent before he's got the ball' manouvre. It served him well for many years.

I wish we still had Brett Kirk to stop him as Kirk was brilliant at it back in the day. Mitchell has been more damaging against the Swans than he used to be and I am worried about how well he is going to play on Saturday.

Kirk used to cover him well no doubt. Will be interesting to see if $wans use some illegal tactics like North and Adelaide did in the last 2 games.

Kirk was a master at the 'tackle opponent before he's got the ball' manouvre. It served him well for many years.

Kirk was one of many $ydney players that were made to look like champions simply because they were allowed break the rules.

Craig Bolton was another. He was allowed to do anything to forwards, just like Ted Richards and Heath Grundy are these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been coping crap about this game all week from " neutrals" , they have all miraculously turned into $hitney supporters ( all the Handbaggers / Scum/ cheats crew) , can't wait for Saturday!! Love going into this as underdogs

Been coping crap about this game all week from " neutrals" , they have all miraculously turned into $hitney supporters ( all the Handbaggers / Scum/ cheats crew) , can't wait for Saturday!! Love going into this as underdogs

I was less than impressed with a fellow hawthorn supporter at work, who said that she expected us to lose but it's ok as we'll still be third at worst at the end of the round (insert Jackie Chan look of bewilderment image here). I hope Hawthorn win just to ruin the party for everyone else.

Geez looking at the Swans board there is a huge difference between the realists and the knobs.

Posters like Bedford and Wolftone seem like blokes you could have a beer with then leave the party when knobs like DeadlyAkkuret and Syd arrive.
I'd be leaving once Buddy rocked up with the coke, personally.

This is the myth $wans are operating under. Hawks knows when you have to win ugly we can match anyone. The fact that we choose to beat teams by controlling possession with clean ball movement leads to less contact / collsion type injuries/corkies etc. At the end of the days finals are won/lost based on contested footy.
GF last year against Freo. It was like a totally different team to the one in the Geelong Prelim. It was actually really impressive. Flicked a switch and out-Freod Freo. Sewell types are handy for that though (I think I've posted something exactly like this before in an old thread - sorry)

I see an arm wrestle for the first half, a major push in 3rd quarter led by Hodge, Burgoyne and Sammy and then a cruise to the finish with a never challenged 20 point win. I also see it reported in the media that "flag favourite Sydney needed to drop game to refocus ahead of their September push". We will barely get a mention but we will know and more importantly so will they.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back