List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No trading Douglas. He is such a barometer for us.
And one of the very few who can actually hit a target with ball in hand through the midfield.

There are a lot of players I would consider a barometer before Douglas. For the possible return I would definitely be putting him out there. The reality is, with the emergence of several players he will struggle to play midfield as soon as next year. We seen What happened to Vince once he was banished to the half forward flank.

There are a lot of players I would consider a barometer before Douglas. For the possible return I would definitely be putting him out there. The reality is, with the emergence of several players he will struggle to play midfield as soon as next year. We seen What happened to Vince once he was banished to the half forward flank.

There are a lot of players I would rather be handballing to Douglas to kick the thing rather than kick themselves
Thompson Danger Sloane come to mind.

There are a lot of players I would rather be handballing to Douglas to kick the thing rather than kick themselves

Don't get me wrong I rate Douglas highly as a player. That's why I think he would attract a very decent offer. I agree with you about suspect disposal but hopefully that will improve with Smith and this classy outside mid everyone is talking about recruiting.

Bobbafett says it's overs

Ha, I'd like to get everyone's estimate on what he's worth.

It's really hard to estimate because a key forward hasn't been traded in the last 10 years as far as I can recall.

The last time was 12 years ago when the Crows traded pick 4 and 20 (later upgraded to 2 and 18 when Carlton's sanctions were handed out) for Carey.

The only trade in recent history didn't go through (23 + White) for Tippett.

Personally, I think it's a high first round pick plus a decent player, or two decent players.

eg.

4 + Lynch or Jenkins
Douglas + Lynch or Jenkins

That is kinda the point you don't get a early first round pick for spuds generally.

But he is a type of player we already have many of and with an early first round pick we could get a quick outside mid with good disposal which is what we need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've raped Melbourne there - basically 2 x pick 4 for 10 + av player + player who can't get a game.
on the contrary melbourne have had interest in both and are looking for experience. mackays stocks will never be higher than after this season IMO and lyons can be a great player under roos. dont think toumpas will ever reach his potential at melbourne needs a new scene

Someone no one seems to be mentioning on the Trade Table is Andy Otten.
His lack of mobility costs him as a 3rd tall, and lack of size costs him as a Key.
Someone would show interest in him and we could possibly land a mid 2nd rounder for him.
would anyone really want him? so nervous everytime the ball goes near his opponent..

no way! wtf whats the point of 5 key forwards or whatever if we have literally no KPDs capable of doing anything
Needs context - it was a debate I had with Sanders ages ago - I was always in favour of keeping Talia in that scenario. He would do it in a heartbeat.

Admittedly I'm wavering - but suggest you debate your position with Sanders rather than me.

If we were able to get michael Talia for say a third rounder does Hartigan become expendable? Would he have enough currency to pair with our first rounder to move a few spots higher in the draft?

If we were able to get michael Talia for say a third rounder does Hartigan become expendable? Would he have enough currency to pair with our first rounder to move a few spots higher in the draft?
If Michael Talia can't crack a game at the Bulldogs, what makes you think he'll make our 22?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back