MRP / Trib. Vickery Gets 4 Weeks - Back for Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deserves five weeks
Seriously if people think Cox hit him first the the game should change to basketball. Pushing and shoving in the ruck is standard. If Cox wanted to break Tv ribs he could do it easily
It was funny how TV regathered easily and king hit him
I would hate to see Franklin king hit Newman in his last game and to remember it by Newman having to spend the last half on the bench dazed
I love TV to have aggression,but that was careless and stupid
I hope TV has the decency to apologise to him as Cox was a true champion of the game as a player and as a gentleman
Cox elbowed him in the gut while the ball wasn't near them, that's an off the ball incident. It is not part of a ruck contest, never has been and never should be. This thread is nothing to do with Cox, it doesn't change what Cox was over his career, or what he contributed to the game.

It was careless and stupid by Vickery, but I would be pissed of Cox got away for what he did, just as West Coast supporters would be pissed if Vickery doesn't get suspended.

Oh turn it up, Vickers recovered because the ball was thrown up and it was instinct. I agree Cox is a legend but also father time caught up to him and he decided to throw his wait around and the Kama train hit him. Now what Vickery did was silly but to suggest Cox was squeaky clean is laughable.
No that contradicts that Cox didn't hit him hard. As I said it was a standard tap in the ribs which didn't affect TV
Do you get it? If cox hits TV hard then TV stays down

There's soccer players who'd be embarrassed at how easily your hard man vickery folded and played for a free kick

Yet it was Cox that went off the ground to never return....

Vickery stayed on his feet. You played footy? An unsuspecting elbow to the ribs doesn't tickle.

Deserves five weeks
Seriously if people think Cox hit him first the the game should change to basketball. Pushing and shoving in the ruck is standard. If Cox wanted to break Tv ribs he could do it easily
It was funny how TV regathered easily and king hit him
I would hate to see Franklin king hit Newman in his last game and to remember it by Newman having to spend the last half on the bench dazed
I love TV to have aggression,but that was careless and stupid
I hope TV has the decency to apologise to him as Cox was a true champion of the game as a player and as a gentleman
While to hit to Tv chest was a mitigating thing, the hit to the face was over the top. At least try to disguise it somewhat.......

No that contradicts that Cox didn't hit him hard. As I said it was a standard tap in the ribs which didn't affect TV
Do you get it? If cox hits TV hard then TV stays down

I think you have had to many beers tonight. It contradicts nothing. Cox sniped Vickery and Vickery went down, he got up fast because the ball was thrown up and by acident as vickerys eyes were always on the ball, Cox's chin got in the way. Also Cox hits like a fairy :p

Cox elbowed him in the gut while the ball wasn't near them, that's an off the ball incident. It is not part of a ruck contest, never has been and never should be. This thread is nothing to do with Cox, it doesn't change what Cox was over his career, or what he contributed to the game.

It was careless and stupid by Vickery, but I would be pissed of Cox got away for what he did, just as West Coast supporters would be pissed if Vickery doesn't get suspended.
Agree with you,but off the ball ruck contests are part of the game and a fantastic spectacle. Cox didn't hurt Tv as he would of stayed down. He got to his feet easily and king hit him
Lets leave it to the mrp

I think you have had to many beers tonight. It contradicts nothing. Cox sniped Vickery and Vickery went down, he got up fast because the ball was thrown up and by acident as vickerys eyes were always on the ball, Cox's chin got in the way. Also Cox hits like a fairy :p
So vickery folded in half after being hit by a fairy?

There's soccer players who'd be embarrassed at how easily your hard man vickery folded and played for a free kick

Oh all the big west coast men came in to fly the flag
Kennedy .. Nic Nat
Who came in LeCras - well done on the response west coast but seen it before when hunter apparently slipped over when having to go up to Hall

Oh all the big west coast men came in to fly the flag
Kennedy .. Nic Nat
Who came in LeCras - well done on the response west coast but seen it before when hunter apparently slipped over when having to go up to Hall
Not going to deny that flying the flag has been a weak point of ours for a long time. At least we had some reaction tonight which is some sort of improvement

As opposed to Cox who didn't come back despite Priddis saying he was fine?
Priddis wouldn't have a clue. Simpson was clearly pissed about it and if cox was fine he would have come back on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with you,but off the ball ruck contests are part of the game and a fantastic spectacle. Cox didn't hurt Tv as he would of stayed down. He got to his feet easily and king hit him
Lets leave it to the mrp
You might want to read up on the rules surrounding ruck contests before offering your opinion on this.

While there is mitigating circumstances(elbow to the chest), it was pretty stupid and he will get 4 weeks. Just dumb imo.
The elbow to the chest was off the ball and should not escape scrutiny. If it does, then winding a player before a ruck dual is fair game.

If we were playing finals then it would be dumb, but when you have the world on your back for not competing hard enough then I'd reduce the critism to a learning experience for Ty. I'm sure the impact was more severe than Ty was intending, I'd hate to see Ty changing his aggression and attitude.

Ironicly both Dermot and Mooney critiqued Richmond Pre game match for not having any mongrel...I expect them to back Ty this week when the media circus runs riot.

You might want to read up on the rules surrounding ruck contests before offering your opinion on this.

I know the rules but physical contact like that happens a lot and it would be tragedy to see it go. That's why the umpires allow a bit of slack
The only time a free is paid if it happens against us.
If the umpire had umpired to the letter of the law TV gets a free and the event may have been avoided
We always seem to get the worst of the those contests,but you don't king hit a guy if he tickles your ribs

The elbow to the chest was off the ball and should not escape scrutiny. If it does, then winding a player before a ruck dual is fair game.

If we were playing finals then it would be dumb, but when you have the world on your back for not competing hard enough then I'd reduce the critism to a learning experience for Ty. I'm sure the impact was more severe than Ty was intending, I'd hate to see Ty changing his aggression and attitude.

Ironicly both Dermot and Mooney critiqued Richmond Pre game match for not having any mongrel...I expect them to back Ty this week when the media circus runs riot.
yeah that is fair. I don't think ty wanted this outcome and just didn't think it thru. just a young guy wanting payback.

Thoughts on why he didn't come back on then?
He was a liability, hence he resorted to playing for frees and throwing cheap shot elbows. It was belting down rain and you were better off with a smaller player who's not all washed up.

Doesn't matter what happens anyway, Vickery is Geelong bound in 2015.
WTF?

Coming from a Ducks supporter. How was Flopper Darling jumping out of the way of Chaplin. Really didn't want to be out there tonight, Jack. All too hard.

Priddis wouldn't have a clue. Simpson was clearly pissed about it and if cox was fine he would have come back on
Nah, he was a liability.

Cox took a cheap shot, Vickery knocked him the heck out. Bar room justice. Pick up your teeth and go home.

It was dumb but are people making a big deal out of it because it was Cox or because they're ignoring that it was retaliation?

That's no longer a defence, and only really applies in cases such as Petrie's where he was acting in self defence.

For what it's worth it will be 4 down to 3 I think. Knew exactly what he was doing when he swung the arm. So that puts him in the reckless/intentional camp (3 points) impact was high (3 points) head (2) points - puts him at level 5 (425 points for a striking charge) + his carryover less 10% 25%.

Doesn't matter what happens anyway, Vickery is Geelong bound in 2015.
God no please.

That's no longer a defence. Or if it is Vickery's hit wasn't commensurate with Cox's elbow.
For what it's worth it will be 4 down to 3 I think. Knew exactly what he was doing when he swung the arm. So that put's him in the reckless/intentional camp (3 points) impact was high (3 points) head (2) points - puts him at level 5 (425 points for a striking charge) + his carryover less 10%

God no please.
Isn't it less 25%?

I found it interesting that Tyrone had his eye on the ball the whole time, managing to nail Cox on the jaw and then miss the ball entirely.

Sexy coordination. Ty. That big shot act in the night club asking me if I know who you are kinda backfired.
If he got the ball it would be hard to claim accident later. Blokes not studying law for nothing. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back