Hume League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Having had to listen to some R/W players and supporters tell me that they will win the flag because they have the most dominant forward line, I thought I would have a look back over the results and see what has actually happened. So I had a look at the results when the current top 6 have played each other and here are the top 10 goal kickers(some surprises)

1 D.McKimmie BBS 21
2 J.Warren-Marmo RWT 17
3 K.Morey BBS 16
4 J.Parr OSB 15
5 L.Adams OSB 9
6 D.McAlister OSB 9
7 B.Garland JIN 9
8 J.Brown HEN 8
9 M.Kimball RWT 8
10 J.Wooden LOC 6

So all 6 sides have a player in the top 10, unfortunately for Jindera their "big game" forward lives 4 hours away.RWT big fwds will need to pull there fingers out come September, but once your playing finals anything can happen, and I still think it will be a Brock-Burrum Vs Rand-Walbundrie in the grand final where the "combo cup" will play 2nd fiddle to the premiership cup on offer!

Lol, Stats mean nothing when it comes to the big dance!

This place has been very quiet of late. Top 4 is settled with just the order to sort itself out. With 5 games left who do you all think will fill the 5th and 6th spots? IMO Jindera is the best of the rest but with 3 games against top 4 sides to come I have them missing the finals. I have howlong 5th and Lockhart sneaking in for 6th.

Having had to listen to some R/W players and supporters tell me that they will win the flag because they have the most dominant forward line, I thought I would have a look back over the results and see what has actually happened. So I had a look at the results when the current top 6 have played each other and here are the top 10 goal kickers(some surprises)

1 D.McKimmie BBS 21
2 J.Warren-Marmo RWT 17
3 K.Morey BBS 16
4 J.Parr OSB 15
5 L.Adams OSB 9
6 D.McAlister OSB 9
7 B.Garland JIN 9
8 J.Brown HEN 8
9 M.Kimball RWT 8
10 J.Wooden LOC 6

So all 6 sides have a player in the top 10, unfortunately for Jindera their "big game" forward lives 4 hours away.RWT big fwds will need to pull there fingers out come September, but once your playing finals anything can happen, and I still think it will be a Brock-Burrum Vs Rand-Walbundrie in the grand final where the "combo cup" will play 2nd fiddle to the premiership cup on offer!
Way,way to much spare time on your hands Dicky Knee!:D

Lol, Stats mean nothing when it comes to the big dance!

Rand have hardly played in a final let alone a prelim or grand final, good thing for them is they could get 2 shots at it. They could be setting themselves right up on the way you talk and end up going out in straight sets or worse finish 3 and go out week 1. Let's see if they can get through Osborne at Osborne rd 19 and jindera at home in rd 20 first.

BB seem to be in the box seat and should be favourites to finish top 2 and win first week. Henty and Osborne need things to go there way to get there now, the cats seem to have struggled with a couple of injuries but we all no there September form is 2nd to none and they could win it from outside the top 2.

The last 2 spots are interesting and the next 2 weeks should tell us a little more with howlong playing Lockhart and Power.
Jindera have a tough draw which could cost them playing the top 3 and also Lockhart and power.
If howlong and Lockhart can win 3 games they should finish 5th and 6th given they are half a win infront of jindera and power.

Rand have hardly played in a final let alone a prelim or grand final, good thing for them is they could get 2 shots at it. They could be setting themselves right up on the way you talk and end up going out in straight sets or worse finish 3 and go out week 1. Let's see if they can get through Osborne at Osborne rd 19 and jindera at home in rd 20 first.

BB seem to be in the box seat and should be favourites to finish top 2 and win first week. Henty and Osborne need things to go there way to get there now, the cats seem to have struggled with a couple of injuries but we all no there September form is 2nd to none and they could win it from outside the top 2.

The last 2 spots are interesting and the next 2 weeks should tell us a little more with howlong playing Lockhart and Power.
Jindera have a tough draw which could cost them playing the top 3 and also Lockhart and power.
If howlong and Lockhart can win 3 games they should finish 5th and 6th given they are half a win infront of jindera and power.

pretty good wash up there Hit n Miss. I agree BB are the favourites for mine, seem to be hitting form at the right time and have the experience to get the job done. The other three are very evenly matched with any winning on their day. R/W will have to have a big 6 weeks if they are to win it.
In my experience the team's that are able to play down to 24-25 on their list generally get the job done. The top tier players all cancel themselves out but if a team can get a contribution from their bench or anyone who has to come in will generally get the chocolates. looking at the 2's comp hard to see R/W Henty or even Osborne fitting that mould.
Contrary to what the Border Mail says we will need to beat 1 of either BB, Henty or R/W as well as beat Power and Lockhart to make it. But are still in the mix.
Big last month and a bit before the real stuff starts ahead.

pretty good wash up there Hit n Miss. I agree BB are the favourites for mine, seem to be hitting form at the right time and have the experience to get the job done. The other three are very evenly matched with any winning on their day. R/W will have to have a big 6 weeks if they are to win it.
In my experience the team's that are able to play down to 24-25 on their list generally get the job done. The top tier players all cancel themselves out but if a team can get a contribution from their bench or anyone who has to come in will generally get the chocolates. looking at the 2's comp hard to see R/W Henty or even Osborne fitting that mould.
Contrary to what the Border Mail says we will need to beat 1 of either BB, Henty or R/W as well as beat Power and Lockhart to make it. But are still in the mix.
Big last month and a bit before the real stuff starts ahead.

I'm a big believer in that your top 6 players can get you to a grand final, but it's what your bottom 6 players do on the day that determines if you can win it!

I'm a big believer in that your top 6 players can get you to a grand final, but it's what your bottom 6 players do on the day that determines if you can win it!
I think these days it more about the top 6 players plus 3 or 4 more not being far off this level within a club, that will see them maybe thru to a grand final.

I think these days it more about the top 6 players plus 3 or 4 more not being far off this level within a club, that will see them maybe thru to a grand final.

Yeah I'd pay that, but you need your bottom 6 to lift come GF day.

Terrible news for Jindera last night after the Cuddly Teddy Bear, Blair Boyle took himself off the feild after playing at Lavington last night. After all the fanfare before the game and the anticipation of seeing one of the best school footballers since Brett 'Stickman' Sawyer. However after yet another dominant game and constantly flicking his rapidly thinning fringe, he decided to show courage that few have ever shown on a football field, a feat that can be liken to Nick Reiwoldt's mark against Sydney, Jonothon Brown running back with the flight of the ball or Jordan Lewis getting knocked out. As he jogged off the field carrying his shoulder, blood could be seen flowing from his nose. A hush went across the ground, the silence was only broken by the gasps of several women crying and one lady yelled out 'Not his beautiful face!'. As he walked in front of the crowd down to the rooms he gave his fans, which were the 2000 odd people there, the thumbs up, and we all breathed a sigh of relief. For the sake of the game of Australian Rules Football, we all hope he is OK and can play against Brock Burrum this week and for the rest of the year.

I should note the good form of Holbrook's Lachlan Trethowan, and could be a roughy for the Azzi this year. His strength over the ball is second to none and his ability to kick mongrels is uncanny. He is affectionately known around the club as Miley Cyrus as he is a 'wrecking ball'. I would hate to think of the budget needed for Holbrook to purchase the material for their jumpers, as Thommo, Lachy and Jocka Jones all have chests, shoulders and biceps that Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson would be envious of. In fact, Jock has a chest so big he has moons orbiting it.

Last edited:

1 D.McKimmie BBS 21
2 J.Warren-Marmo RWT 17
3 K.Morey BBS 16
4 J.Parr OSB 15
5 L.Adams OSB 9
6 D.McAlister OSB 9
7 B.Garland JIN 9
8 J.Brown HEN 8
9 M.Kimball RWT 8
10 J.Wooden LOC 6

This is a good style of measurement and makes for interesting reading. A few factors have to be considered like the weather conditions on the particular days they played may have to be taken into account as well.

Conditions are easy....the weather has been ordinary on nearly every Saturday!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woof woof woof.....the dogs are barking NOP! Look what happens when Walker lets Ash Murray out of the "doghouse" (pun intended) and gets him into the seniors. I've asked all year why he is in the ressies and look what happens when you pick a power fwd in the seniors it makes a strong back line have to be accountable. I understand Storey going down early would have caused a re-structure for the saints but one player should be able to be covered (no matter how big he is) also losing Morey late didn't help but the damage was done and the dogs were already of the leash...Also any truth to a postcode change for yourself NOP? If true good luck down there your banter, insight and opinion has been great over the years and I'm sure you will still pop in and have your 2 cents worth!

Woof woof woof.....the dogs are barking NOP! Look what happens when Walker lets Ash Murray out of the "doghouse" (pun intended) and gets him into the seniors. I've asked all year why he is in the ressies and look what happens when you pick a power fwd in the seniors it makes a strong back line have to be accountable. I understand Storey going down early would have caused a re-structure for the saints but one player should be able to be covered (no matter how big he is) also losing Morey late didn't help but the damage was done and the dogs were already of the leash...Also any truth to a postcode change for yourself NOP? If true good luck down there your banter, insight and opinion has been great over the years and I'm sure you will still pop in and have your 2 cents worth!
Surprising win for the Dogs, this again just strengthens the claim that anyone inside the top 6 this year can win the whole thing...

Another thing, have the wheels fallen of down at Osbourne?? Are the mixture of young and old legs getting tired and stressed.

And what happened to your two boys NOP? Were you missing a few bits of the puzzle this week

yeah mate all true. Moving South to the big smoke this week. Forced my hand with retirement and stuff so it has worked well. I loved the banter on bigfooty giving and receiving it. It was a great win by the boys on the weekend. Hopefully they can win a few more and play finals footy.

yeah mate all true. Moving South to the big smoke this week. Forced my hand with retirement and stuff so it has worked well. I loved the banter on bigfooty giving and receiving it. It was a great win by the boys on the weekend. Hopefully they can win a few more and play finals footy.

Well done to the Bulldogs on the weekend. I reckon whoever they come up against come finals time will be a little worried, especially if the big fella at full forward sticks with it. Crazy that he has been playing magoos all year. Saints had a few injuries but cannot use that as an excuse, beaten by a better team on the day. The 2nd grade match was full of quality also with BB getting up in an upset, some bloody good footballers running around at 12 o'clock for both sides!

Good to see Walla about to notch up it's first four points in a while this week taking on the bye.

With Walla's form this season, wouldn't surprise me if it was a close battle between the pair

Good to see Walla about to notch up it's first four points in a while this week taking on the bye.

With Walla's form this season, wouldn't surprise me if it was a close battle between the pair

It was not that long ago that Brock-Burrum were in the same boat, in fact they were probably the worst country football club in the country. Walla will turn it around eventually, they just need to get a couple of quality recruits that are willing to stick around for the long hall and others will follow.

I didn't think you were from Osborne local dude?

It was not that long ago that Brock-Burrum were in the same boat, in fact they were probably the worst country football club in the country. Walla will turn it around eventually, they just need to get a couple of quality recruits that are willing to stick around for the long hall and others will follow.
I honestly think someone should merg with Walla... They have alot of $$$ and that money could be very handy to a side like Jindera who have the capability to recruit guns, but lack the money

I honestly think someone should merg with Walla... They have alot of $$$ and that money could be very handy to a side like Jindera who have the capability to recruit guns, but lack the money

Yeah I'm sure Walla and Jindera would be happy about that. Jindera are in a pretty good position as a club so they have no need to. As for Walla, someone has to be down the bottom, if every club down the bottom was to merge we'd have no one to play against. If they are not struggling financially then they'll be fine, just need a few things to go their way with recruiting.

Yeah I'm sure Walla and Jindera would be happy about that. Jindera are in a pretty good position as a club so they have no need to. As for Walla, someone has to be down the bottom, if every club down the bottom was to merge we'd have no one to play against. If they are not struggling financially then they'll be fine, just need a few things to go their way with recruiting.

expect Walla to make some big moves in the off season. From what I understand they are cashed up and ready to spend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back