Hume League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

This year has become pretty tight up the top with wins from bb saints Osborne RWT and Henty still big flag contender. Are CDHBU falling apart or have RWT started to get it together? Bb looked to have found form but it looks like they need to kick straight to get back to their best. Osborne still look to be the powerhouse for 2014.

This year has become pretty tight up the top with wins from bb saints Osborne RWT and Henty still big flag contender. Are CDHBU falling apart or have RWT started to get it together? Bb looked to have found form but it looks like they need to kick straight to get back to their best. Osborne still look to be the powerhouse for 2014.
top 4 sides are outstanding with the next three capable of doing damage. Since the top 6 was introduced only 1 club has won from outside the top 2 (Jindera in 2008 and 2011). this year you could see a flag from 3rd, 4th, 5th or even 6th

top 4 sides are outstanding with the next three capable of doing damage. Since the top 6 was introduced only 1 club has won from outside the top 2 (Jindera in 2008 and 2011). this year you could see a flag from 3rd, 4th, 5th or even 6th
I like how you had to throw in the past successes of the Jindera football club, because the present and the future does not look as bright as the past once did...

I like how you had to throw in the past successes of the Jindera football club, because the present and the future does not look as bright as the past once did...
I'll think you'll find that I was highlighting the fact that a side can win it from outside the top 2. at least I have some past successes that I can throw up. So what was the go with your club naming Marmo on the bench in the 2's for him then to come out and kick a few in the seniors. Hope it wasn't for his contribution to bigfooty that landed him in the cross hairs of his coach.

I'll think you'll find that I was highlighting the fact that a side can win it from outside the top 2. at least I have some past successes that I can throw up. So what was the go with your club naming Marmo on the bench in the 2's for him then to come out and kick a few in the seniors. Hope it wasn't for his contribution to bigfooty that landed him in the cross hairs of his coach.
I have never met the man, Marmo, all i know is that he has kicked a few goals... Im just a country footy fan who quite like the way RWT have recruited this year.
Their is only two things i know about Marmo, is that he can kick and snag and has a massive melon

]I'll think you'll find that I was highlighting the fact that a side can win it from outside the top 2. at least I have some past successes that I can throw up. So what was the go with your club naming Marmo on the bench in the 2's for him then to come out and kick a few in the seniors. Hope it wasn't for his contribution to bigfooty that landed him in the cross hairs of his coach.[/QUOTE]

There is Zac Warren-Marmo that has been playing ressies for them so it was him picked I think. What's the story with Ash Murray will he play seniors or just kick bags every week with Trev?

Brookers rolling maggies now only puts them 1 1/2 games out of top 6. With jindera v howlong this week and holb v crows, they could possibly be 1/2 game out with still plenty of rounds to go. Adds another interesting side to the mix in the run to finals.

Brookers rolling maggies now only puts them 1 1/2 games out of top 6. With jindera v howlong this week and holb v crows, they could possibly be 1/2 game out with still plenty of rounds to go. Adds another interesting side to the mix in the run to finals.
absolutely Big Al. Probably the biggest surprise apart from Osborne. But they still possess a lot of class

NOP, It is good to hear Deano McLaren is back and running around, he is a ripping bloke and sounds like with his six snags on the weekend, his form has started with a bang. It is a smart move by Tex to make Mick Galvin a decoy for Dean to kick all the goals and get all the accolades. Because Galvo with confidence is like mule with a spinning wheel, no one knows how he got it, and darned if he knows how to use it (quality Simpsons reference there). I also hear some good news that Aaron 'Mr Sheen' Boyle is back training with you boys, will he be a late signing? The return of Mr Sheen will make the whole of Jindera estatic, except for the big headed cuddly teddy bear. The Cuddly Teddy Bear may have to be vigilant and try to clutch onto his self-professed title of Mayor of Jindera now that Mr Sheen has come back into the fold. Also how has the form of Danny 'Fingers' Middleton been? Even though he has a body shape of that of a Praying Mantis, his fitness is impressive.

NOP, It is good to hear Deano McLaren is back and running around, he is a ripping bloke and sounds like with his six snags on the weekend, his form has started with a bang. It is a smart move by Tex to make Mick Galvin a decoy for Dean to kick all the goals and get all the accolades. Because Galvo with confidence is like mule with a spinning wheel, no one knows how he got it, and darned if he knows how to use it (quality Simpsons reference there). I also hear some good news that Aaron 'Mr Sheen' Boyle is back training with you boys, will he be a late signing? The return of Mr Sheen will make the whole of Jindera estatic, except for the big headed cuddly teddy bear. The Cuddly Teddy Bear may have to be vigilant and try to clutch onto his self-professed title of Mayor of Jindera now that Mr Sheen has come back into the fold. Also how has the form of Danny 'Fingers' Middleton been? Even though he has a body shape of that of a Praying Mantis, his fitness is impressive.

middsy keeps raving on about his 6 pack, we kindly remind him that a 6 pack on a skinny bloke is like big **** on a fat chick, they don't count. Deano has let us all know he is back. But it's good to see.

TIPS THIS WEEK
Jindera by 21pts over Howlong
CDHBU by 34pts over Culcairn
Holbrook by 47pts over Crows
Saints by 9gls over Magpies
R/W by 39pts over Lockhart
Henty by 12gls over Walla

So who's gunna have the must fun in the mud today !!! Saints V Magpies could be a very different story. Also I noticed that the Saints have a few out. They should still get over the line. A lot was expected of the Magpies but just hasn't gone their way. In the two's look out for Sam " So smooth " Schilg to dominated in the mud it's his heaven. !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

had a look at the RW v Lockhart game very scrappy with lots of wind and scrawls.Lockhart threw everything at them led by 16 pts at 3/4 time but tigers ran over the top of them Marmo with 7 mesman and roulstone all class.

Well I see the top four hasn't changed this week other than the RWT dropping to third place. Would have to be one of the best years to win the flag with so many teams in contention. CDHBU look to be in trouble with a loss to culcairn, is something wrong with the underrated power or are they just s**t?

had a look at the RW v Lockhart game very scrappy with lots of wind and scrawls.Lockhart threw everything at them led by 16 pts at 3/4 time but tigers ran over the top of them Marmo with 7 mesman and roulstone all class.
What did you think of Lockhart mate? They seem to be playing a lot better this past month. Lead all day only to be beaten by BB saints by a point, had a good win over CDHBU and sounds like they had RW nearly beaten only to be run over in the last quarter. How did you think they went, were they good or RW ordinary and just having an off day?

Should be a good battle for the 5th and 6th spots as the teams 5-10 all play most of each other in the run home.

Jackal they were good all day and played to their plans and structures for three quarters they had a couple of players no25 and 2 a snowy headed bloke he played a loose man in defense and probably un settled the tigers they manned him up after half time and that made a difference their coach was carrying a knee injury and he had no impact on the game.
Tigers mid field were beaten for three quarters but they really lifted in the last quarter and the ball movement was much better.
Lockhary would have been disappointed in the finish i think a fair bit of time went into this game and they looked like pulling off a upset.
Tigers looked to be much fitter in the finish but it was very very windy and scrawly rain all day which made for poor disposal.

Cheers for the report mate. Although Their coach did kick 4 goals and was named in the best according to sportingpulse so must have had a fair impact. This season has been a funny one with the weather, been so many rounds on wet weather footy. Some good games coming up in the next month with the sides trying to get into finals contention playing each other. I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 of those sides knock off an Osborne or BB saints in the run home either.

Cheers for the report mate. Although Their coach did kick 4 goals and was named in the best according to sportingpulse so must have had a fair impact. This season has been a funny one with the weather, been so many rounds on wet weather footy. Some good games coming up in the next month with the sides trying to get into finals contention playing each other. I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 of those sides knock off an Osborne or BB saints in the run home either.
Is mcpherson coach little bloke with heaps of strapping on his knee

Box, I read the peice on Jindera this morning about your injuries and unavailabilities. I hope for your clubs sake that Blair Boyle doesn't get into the next stage of Australia's Next Top Model, which he would have to travel a fair bit I'd imagine. I'm wondering how far Trevor 'Albus Dumbledore' Callanan is from playing seniors? The bloke is close to 80, and yet he is still showing most of us up with his agility. Surely he realises that as a pensioner, he shouldn't be yahooing around taking screamers, breaking teammate's collarbones and backheeling goals. Leave that showboating to the clever goalsneak in forward pocket that no one really likes, like Bails.

Brookers tough loss to Howlong today put a big dent on finals chance. Makes Osborne game this coming week a must win. Will be a big day for the Brookers with 2004 Premiership side there to hopefully push the boys to a win.

A big game this week between Osborne and Brock-Burrum and both will be throwing the kitchen sink at each other. I look forward to the match up between Simon Lane and Robbie Norris. It will be a battle of the giants as both King Kong and Chuck Norris benchpress cars for fun. The saints will also have to worry about Marty 'Gandalf' Bahr around the packs, as he burrows in more than a hungry wombat.

Having had to listen to some R/W players and supporters tell me that they will win the flag because they have the most dominant forward line, I thought I would have a look back over the results and see what has actually happened. So I had a look at the results when the current top 6 have played each other and here are the top 10 goal kickers(some surprises)

1 D.McKimmie BBS 21
2 J.Warren-Marmo RWT 17
3 K.Morey BBS 16
4 J.Parr OSB 15
5 L.Adams OSB 9
6 D.McAlister OSB 9
7 B.Garland JIN 9
8 J.Brown HEN 8
9 M.Kimball RWT 8
10 J.Wooden LOC 6

So all 6 sides have a player in the top 10, unfortunately for Jindera their "big game" forward lives 4 hours away.RWT big fwds will need to pull there fingers out come September, but once your playing finals anything can happen, and I still think it will be a Brock-Burrum Vs Rand-Walbundrie in the grand final where the "combo cup" will play 2nd fiddle to the premiership cup on offer!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back