Preview Hawks v Pusscats : Changes and predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy for them to swing the axe but no Litherland is a strange one. Didn't put a foot wrong. Hale holding his spot over McEvoy is ridiculous, Hale has not got the runs on the board this year as far as I'm concerned

Hale took 9 marks and kicked 2 goals, McEvoy took 4 marks and didn't trouble the scoreboard.

Clarkson clearly wants rucks that can have an impact in the forward line and despite Hale being down on his form the last few years, he's still hitting the scoreboard and offering a good target up forward.

I'm a bit baffled by some of the selections. Last week we were top heavy, this week week we have done nothing to change that. Don't know who is going to Motlop their 2nd most dangerous forward, surely not Suckling. Duryea is an emergency, he may replace Suckling who is under aan injury cloud. Hope so.lee

There have been a few eyebrow raising selections of late, but generally I just think to myself: okay they know better than me. But Hale being picked over McEvoy is just... it seems delusional to be honest.

I'm a bit baffled by some of the selections. Last week we were top heavy, this week week we have done nothing to change that. Don't know who is going to Motlop their 2nd most dangerous forward, surely not Suckling. Duryea is an emergency, he may replace Suckling who is under aan injury cloud. Hope so.lee

Stratton has played on Motlop in the past.

To me Clarkson is gambling by rolling the dice score wise
By that I mean that he is saying that 'we want a shoot out.

All year we've leaked easy goals, most goals scored against us the opposition has been under very little pressure. Clarkson is trying to lull the opposition into attack and thus limit their defending capabilities. He is then banking on us being able to hit the scoreboard more often than the them because the game is open and free flowing thus allow the our players to be under less pressure to execute their kicking skills.

This is why we rushed Gunston back last week, increases our chances on a shoot out.
Also why I believe Hale is in for McEvoy. Hale is hitting the scoreboard more than McEvoy.

Risky gameplan in my opinion

Good ins, think Hale is lucky but generally happy with the team. Rioli to go and we are pretty much full strength, Litherland the other possible in.

and I should add - if Shoe is omitted and not injured than he is on thin ice. I think he'll survive the cut this year but next year is his last if he doesn't significant improve

To me it seems like Clarko isn't fussed if we win or lose, but trying to put a finals team together is what he is looking for.
I'm not too fussed anymore when we play the cats either as we could have our best full side in they can have their worst side and we will still find a way to lose to them.
I won't even watch this game as I can't take a loss to them anymore it's doing my dam head in!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haw vs. WB
Hale: 15D, 4M, 1G, 17HO
McEvoy: 15D, 5M, 1G, 23 HO

Haw vs. Mel
Hale: 11D, 2M, 1G, 20HO
McEvoy: 12D, 5M, 0G, 22 HO

Haw vs. Fre
Hale: 9D, 6M, 2G, 13HO
McEvoy: 9D, 4M, 0G, 12 HO

TOTAL LAST THREE WEEKS
Hale: 35D, 12M, 4G, 50HO
McEvoy: 36D, 14M, 1G, 55HO

So it's very close stats-wise.

I think this board may be slightly under-rating Hale and slightly over-rating McEvoy, although I wouldn't be surprised if McEvoy has a higher percentage of contested marks than Hale.

Definitely surprised by so many changes :eek: maybe part of Clarko not showing all his cards.

Edit: How many late changes can you make :cool:

As many changes as you like.

E.G. Freo Dorkers. Was it 2012 (2011?) they made 11 changes b4 playing us in Tas in rnd 22?
Pretty much a seconds side.
Then played us in a Final in Perth at full strength 2 weeks later.

As many changes as you like.

E.G. Freo Dorkers. Was it 2012 (2011?) they made 11 changes b4 playing us in Tas in rnd 22?
Pretty much a seconds side.
Then played us in a Final in Perth at full strength 2 weeks later.

No I mean late changes, i.e. the ones you make on game day, maybe Clarko is playing ducks and drakes and there will be a few to come back in on Saturday night.

Mmm this McEvoy trade is turning out to be a bust. Shame we couldn't snag a quality ruckman instead. Would have made a huge difference to our season.

Gus I think would have been a good addition this week to play on one of their smalls.

It's a lot of non-forced changes for this time of the year.. I sense panic stations..

That sounds like a verb "to motlop". ;)

Happy for them to swing the axe but no Litherland is a strange one. Didn't put a foot wrong. Hale holding his spot over McEvoy is ridiculous, Hale has not got the runs on the board this year as far as I'm concerned
I thought non selection of Litherland hurt us last week and with the Cats having a few speedsters it is must, his speed, defensive skills in backline is critical. I guess Birchall may have to take Motlop. THen it will be interesting whether Hill/Smith will be chasing their speedsters or other way round, but Litherland's defensive skills are better than Hill/Smith. Also, McEvoy used to do whole ruck by himself at St Kilda, would have thought with inclusion of Spanghar could can be 2nd ruck, McEvoy would have been fine on his own, could have brought in a runner. Anyway, good luck to Hale/Ceglar Combo. I don't know Celglar's work rate compared to McEvoy.

Happy that Shoe and Doc were dropped, have just been awful. Think Hale should have gone aswell instead of Mcevoy but can understand that Hale can hit the score board more. Think Gus should have come in, as would have been handy against the Geelong smalls. Happy with the inclusions though. The team looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back