No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

as I've posted north of the wall:

it all makes sense. Why ASADA wanted a deal without wanting to show the evidence. One of the links in their circumstantial evidence chain is made of porcelain. The SCN weren't a fishing expedition, they were a bargaining chip to get a deal.

They will be laughed out of a tribunal if that's their evidence chain

as I've posted north of the wall:

it all makes sense. Why ASADA wanted a deal without wanting to show the evidence. One of the links in their circumstantial evidence chain is made of porcelain. The SCN weren't a fishing expedition, they were a bargaining chip to get a deal.

They will be laughed out of a tribunal if that's their evidence chain
Definite end game feeling.

Hope we don't hear anymore about this post September.

There's plenty of legit private reasons that would be none of our business as to why. Some times life gets in the way.

Just seems a bizarre tweet with no context.

What if the ADVR panel says "there's not enough here to warrant suspensions."
Then that's the end of it, as far as the possibility of infraction notices go anyway - the players are safe.

Unless some damning new evidence appears out of the blue of course, but that's highly unlikely given ASADA have already spent 18 months looking for whatever they can find.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Asada wan't any resemblance of credibility left then they need to drop the whole thing,admit they ****** up and review their code to make it work with team based sports.

I'd find a semblance of respect for them if that happened. Right now I have none.

Asada - "Here is all the evidence"
Judge Gary Downs "there's not much here but il see what case i can make"
Asada - What's the go?"
Judge Gary Downs "this is what i came up with but there is a catch will only work if players admit guilt because the evidence isn't concrete enough"
Asada - "Well i guess that will have to do"

Some s**t like that.

Asada - "Here is all the evidence"
Judge Gary Downs "there's not much here but il see what case i can make"
Asada - What's the go?"
Judge Gary Downs "this is what i came up with but there is a catch will only work if players admit guilt because the evidence isn't concrete enough"
Asada - "Well i guess that will have to do"

Some s**t like that.

I had sort of forgotten about Judge Downes - other's may know if it is likely that his advice/recommendation to ASADA re proceeding with SC notices etc will ever be made public under FOI?

If ASADA's case is indeed wafer thin, then I would love to get a look at what Downes actual recommendations to ASADA were - could make for entertaining reading...

Then that's the end of it, as far as the possibility of infraction notices go anyway - the players are safe.

Unless some damning new evidence appears out of the blue of course, but that's highly unlikely given ASADA have already spent 18 months looking for whatever they can find.
not true, see above

I had sort of forgotten about Judge Downes - other's may know if it is likely that his advice/recommendation to ASADA re proceeding with SC notices etc will ever be made public under FOI?

If ASADA's case is indeed wafer thin, then I would love to get a look at what Downes actual recommendations to ASADA were - could make for entertaining reading...
my take on that:

I respect the ex fed judge. No problems. But I think I understand how the world works, as well. When you are tying to build a case, you want maximum credibility. You make ambit claims. You posture.

For me, it makes perfect sense that ASADA would claim that hey, we have a respected figure with clean hands who has given our evidence a, let's call it a gold stamp, what the hell. Pretty compelling no? Therefore, when we drop the SCNs but don't show our hand, you must believe we are serious because we have the endorsement of that gold stamp.

Again, it isn't in any way denigrating the good ex judge, but it's what any organisation would rightly do to ensure maximum chances of success. It's a posture.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he laughed at the whole thing and said to himself "Why am i wasting my time with this"

my take on that:

I respect the ex fed judge. No problems. But I think I understand how the world works, as well. When you are tying to build a case, you want maximum credibility. You make ambit claims. You posture.

For me, it makes perfect sense that ASADA would claim that hey, we have a respected figure with clean hands who has given our evidence a, let's call it a gold stamp, what the hell. Pretty compelling no? Therefore, when we drop the SCNs but don't show our hand, you must believe we are serious because we have the endorsement of that gold stamp.

Again, it isn't in any way denigrating the good ex judge, but it's what any organisation would rightly do to ensure maximum chances of success. It's a posture.
Further I would probably add, if Downes saw a possible case, his advice would be likely to proceed. And you have Benny Mc's line of Downes gave us the go ahead. Without knowing the details of his report/advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back