No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair there's no 100% guarantee that it's weak. Conversely the HTB has no right to laugh as there's no 100% guarantee that the case is strong either.

If I were a betting man, I'd know which way I'd be punting though.

Sit be, tight confident.

This is exactly right and what has marred the discussion about this right from the start. With selective leaking of "titbits" of information, particularly the HTB were making startling leaps of "logic" that I certainly could not follow.

I certainly hope that ASADA has more than just player statements and a bit of circumstantial evidence not because I want the players to get banned but because ASADA are the custodians of the integrity of all sports in this country (in terms of PED's) and their competence and professionalism is essential for all of us who love watching sport. Whilst I am not saying they do have any more than players statements (obviously I have no idea), the alternative is pretty diabolical. If they have proceeded with this compromised investigation, played out entirely in the public eye because of the total disregard of integrity by the AFL, with only the player statements then that is a miserable indictment on the organisation. Clearly the possibility of an outcome needs to be balanced with the damage to the reputation of innocent people.

So the 2 players that refused the interview didn't get SC's. Where is this mountain of evidence?

What a farce by these campaigning campaigners.

There are two ways to read that though. The first (and perhaps most likely is that since they did not admit to anything they will not be issued. The second, and perhaps a little tenuous, is that the 34 who did "admit" to getting injections fall under the "substantial assistance" clause and will be treated with leniency whilst the others may receive SC notices later and without and possibility of leniency.

Last edited:
.....because ASADA are the custodians of the integrity of all sports in this country (in terms of PED's) and their competence and professionalism is essential for all of us who love watching sport.

Yes they are, and they've been managed by incompetent imbeciles......

Essendon blasts former ASADA chief Aurora Andruska following Federal Court trial

LAWYERS for Essendon and James Hird have slammed the performance of former ASADA boss Aurora Andruska in the witness box.

The retired Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority chief executive was grilled for five hours in the Federal Court three weeks ago.

In a joint submission to the court made public yesterday, the Bombers and Hird assert: “In her evidence, ASADA’S key witness, Ms Andruska was non-responsive, evasive and partisan.

“She frequently avoided answering the question asked, instead giving speeches to persuade the court of the validity of ASADA’s course of action under her stewardship.

“Ms Andruska sought to disassociate herself from decisions that were not formally put to her in writing.

“The court will also have noted Ms Andruska’s long pauses before answering questions, the answer to which would not assist ASADA’s case.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/es...eral-court-trial/story-fndv8gad-1227039214758

And so it snowballs. The more things like this he is banned from, the more it will stick in people's memory that he admitted to a banned substance.

Next thing you know, they'll be retrospectively booted from last years finals cause yanno, them playing has made it a laughing stock for the next 10 years.

Imagine if all investigations where run by ASADA detectives:

Police: Have you ever been near the south corner of the Southland Shopping Centre
Suspect: "Maybe, I don't know, I think I know the place"

Police: Was your son home on July 24th 2011?
Suspects Mother: "I don't know. It was a long time ago, he goes out a lot at night. I don't know where he was goes."

Police: Was your son near Southland that night?
Suspects Mother: "Maybe. Sometimes he doesn't answer his phone and I get worried. He told me that he doesn't go near there but I can't keep track of him. Why are you blaming me?"

Police: Have you ever known <Suspect> to steal?
Suspects Best Friend from Prep: "He once stole my black block. Like right out of my hands."

Police: We got you by the balls now son, you are going down for 20 years for Armed Robbery. You admit to knowing the place of the robbery, we have a witness that can put you near the scene of the crime and we have evidence of your history of theft. But we understand you just caught up with the wrong people, soooooooo we are willing for you just to plead down. Admit you are the thief, pay back the $20,000 that was stolen and we will give you 200 hours community service. You won't be able to keep your job or ever work in that field again, but at least you won't get jail time. How about it?
Suspect (to lawyer): "You tell them to go and get farked"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine if all investigations where run by ASADA detectives:

Police: Have you ever been near the south corner of the Southland Shopping Centre
Suspect: "Maybe, I don't know, I think I know the place"

Police: Was your son home on July 24th 2011?
Suspects Mother: "I don't know. It was a long time ago, he goes out a lot at night. I don't know where he was goes."

Police: Was your son near Southland that night?
Suspects Mother: "Maybe. Sometimes he doesn't answer his phone and I get worried. He told me that he doesn't go near there but I can't keep track of him. Why are you blaming me?"

Police: Have you ever known <Suspect> to steal?
Suspects Best Friend from Prep: "He once stole my black block. Like right out of my hands."

Police: We got you by the balls now son, you are going down for 20 years for Armed Robbery. You admit to knowing the place of the robbery, we have a witness that can put you near the scene of the crime and we have evidence of your history of theft. But we understand you just caught up with the wrong people, soooooooo we are willing for you just to plead down. Admit you are the thief, pay back the $20,000 that was stolen and we will give you 200 hours community service. You won't be able to keep your job or ever work in that field again, but at least you won't get jail time. How about it?
Suspect (to lawyer): "You tell them to go and get farked"

What if the ADVR panel says "there's not enough here to warrant suspensions."

WADA

thor+the+dark+world+chris+hemsworth+hammer+cape.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back