No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I got lol'd at on the HTB for saying that Asada's case is weak with out player admissions

To be fair there's no 100% guarantee that it's weak. Conversely the HTB has no right to laugh as there's no 100% guarantee that the case is strong either.

If I were a betting man, I'd know which way I'd be punting though.

Sit be, tight confident.

Further I would probably add, if Downes saw a possible case, his advice would be likely to proceed. And you have Benny Mc's line of Downes gave us the go ahead. Without knowing the details of his report/advice.
yes. Why offer a deal when you can just pin them to the wall. I don't get it. ASADA have always sought the most punitive outcome they can. We saw this with Saad.

yes. Why offer a deal when you can just pin them to the wall. I don't get it. ASADA have always sought the most punitive outcome they can. We saw this with Saad.
But the Essendon spin machine.

I don't agree with that line. IF you are confident you go ahead.

I'm curious too how it would work if they took the deal. Would they ever have seen the evidence against them? Or would teh guilty plea be given to the ADVRP, who then put them on the RoF. (Do they have a choice there, I doubt it)

The way the NRL worked, seems that the tribunal wasn't really used either, just all agreed to a 6 month ban, no evidences tested, nor was whether they were complicit or deceived etc.

The Sharks saw evidence, but I wonder if the same road would have been followed with the AFL?

But the Essendon spin machine.

I don't agree with that line. IF you are confident you go ahead.

I'm curious too how it would work if they took the deal. Would they ever have seen the evidence against them? Or would teh guilty plea be given to the ADVRP, who then put them on the RoF. (Do they have a choice there, I doubt it)

The way the NRL worked, seems that the tribunal wasn't really used either, just all agreed to a 6 month ban, no evidences tested, nor was whether they were complicit or deceived etc.

The Sharks saw evidence, but I wonder if the same road would have been followed with the AFL?
the evidence would never be tested. I am certain of that. Tribunal bypassed, offer accepted, penalties accepted. In a sense it's pragmatic, if guilt is accepted why does it need to be prosecuted?

the evidence would never be tested. I am certain of that. Tribunal bypassed, offer accepted, penalties accepted. In a sense it's pragmatic, if guilt is accepted why does it need to be prosecuted?
Agree, and thats where I'd stand my ground as an Essendon player here. At least the Sharks players saw the evidence to make a decison. From there everything else was pretty much bypassed.

We were being asked to plead guilty blind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dank not having much luck, appeal denied & costs awarded, bloke must have very deep pockets...

http://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/action/PJUDG?jgmtid=173672

Medium Neutral Citation
Dank v Cronulla Sutherland District Rugby League Football Club Ltd [2014] NSWCA 288
Hearing Dates
21 July 2014
Decision Date
28/08/2014
Before
Ward JA at [1]; Emmett JA at [149]; Gleeson JA at [158]
Decision
1. Summons for leave to appeal dismissed.

2. Applicant to pay the first and third respondents' costs of the summons for leave on the ordinary basis.

3. Applicant to pay the second respondent's costs of the summons for leave on the indemnity basis.

Deal making, yeah there's no downside, no 'history will record'...

Paul Gallen and all suspended Cronulla Sharks players banned by NRL from Dally M awards
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...m-dally-m-awards/story-fni3gol8-1227039764391

The NRL has banned Origin skipper Paul Gallen and all of the suspended Cronulla Sharks players from the Dally M awards.

Gallen was in line to win the representative players of the year before the NRL ruled he was ineligible.

The ban is expected to apply to the Brad Fittler Medal which Gallen was also favourite to win.

Fittler told The Sunday Telegraph last weekend Gallen should not get the award named in his honour.

“In my opinion, given the circumstances that he is suspended, he should be ineligible to win the medal,” he said.

Deal making, yeah there's no downside, no 'history will record'...

Paul Gallen and all suspended Cronulla Sharks players banned by NRL from Dally M awards
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...m-dally-m-awards/story-fni3gol8-1227039764391

The NRL has banned Origin skipper Paul Gallen and all of the suspended Cronulla Sharks players from the Dally M awards.

Gallen was in line to win the representative players of the year before the NRL ruled he was ineligible.

The ban is expected to apply to the Brad Fittler Medal which Gallen was also favourite to win.

Fittler told The Sunday Telegraph last weekend Gallen should not get the award named in his honour.

“In my opinion, given the circumstances that he is suspended, he should be ineligible to win the medal,” he said.

And so it snowballs. The more things like this he is banned from, the more it will stick in people's memory that he admitted to a banned substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back