List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
do not want Higgins, stay away from him!

Id consider Waite if he came really cheap, dont think we need Garlett now, Nahas showed he can play a role and Turner too is showing he can play.

I would consider Blease, very quick player, pretty good leg on him, could be a good DFA.

Isn't that what we said about Nahas too?

There was no denying I and many others had question marks on Nahas. But you could never question his defensive effort.

Blease is a front runner, his defensive positioning across the ground is downright embarrassing. Even at VFL level he gets exposed.

He has little to no tank as a result Of that broken leg, I don't think he'll ever develop it if he hasn't by now.

There was no denying I and many others had question marks on Nahas. But you could never question his defensive effort.

Blease is a front runner, his defensive positioning across the ground is downright embarrassing. Even at VFL level he gets exposed.

He has little to no tank as a result Of that broken leg, I don't think he'll ever develop it if he hasn't by now.

Would add that Nahas showed some mental fortitude fighting his way onto an AFL list as a mature age player.

Blease was yet another Melbourne top 20 pick who was probably gifted games and has been underdeveloped in the same way as Gysberts.

Higgins a no from me. Garlett a possibility, depending on the terms; has a bit of x-factor. Waite a yes if we don't pay overs which, at this point, would be a guaranteed two year deal I think. I'd be matching the one year, option of two deal, with a bit more money.

I hope the club inquires into Garlett during the trade period.

He's obviously had a few off field issues and spent the majority off the season in the vfl, so his trade value wouldn't be too much.

He's got a lot of talent, with his pace, crumbling ability and goal sense.

A few other players I wouldn't mind the club inquiring about are: Paul Seedsman, Matthew Buntine, Alex Fasalo, Hayden Crozier.

He's obviously had a few off field issues and spent the majority off the season in the vfl, so his trade value wouldn't be too much.

A few other players I wouldn't mind the club inquiring about are: Paul Seedsman, Matthew Buntine, Alex Fasalo, Hayden Crozier.

I wonder if he's thought about getting into the Building destruction industry?

Jeff Smash!!!!

He can get f'd.

Watched an interview where he joked about North being right into him so his family contacted Collingwood and urged them to check him out more hoping he'd end up there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wtf are you guys chasing Higgins for? You already have a better version of him in Ziebell. A slow, medium utility is about the last thing you need. Whose spot would he even take?
higgins and ziebull should NEVER be spoken about in the same breath....one is tough, and one is softer than melted butter!

Am I the only one who is keen on Higgins?

Hasn't missed a beat injury wise this season (will play 20-games) and with Harper going nowhere at the moment would be a great solution at half forward/wing.

No downside for me.

Am I the only one who is keen onins?

Hasn't missed a beat injury wise this season (will play 20-games) and with Harper going nowhere at the moment would be a great solution at half forward/wing.

No downside for me.

Yeah, im with you. Would cost nothing and his best is better than some of our other half forward options have shown this year. Having said that, in my ideal world I would love to see Garner, Harper, Wood or Turner take that spot next year.

Waite, Garlett and Higgins would all strengthen our squad so if they came at the right price I'd be happy.

No s**t that's why I said you already had a better version of that mould of player

they are totally different players! ones an inside mid that can go forward, ones an outside mid.
if higgins was to come to north (i hope not!) he wouldnt be competing with ziebull, he would be competing with the likes of gibson/nds/bastinac....

they are totally different players! ones an inside mid that can go forward, ones an outside mid.
if higgins was to come to north (i hope not!) he wouldnt be competing with ziebull, he would be competing with the likes of gibson/nds/bastinac....

You have completely missed my point

Chatter on SEN says Waite to North unless Carlton offer him more than a year

Like others. Thought WTF about Waite. But I have heard from a good sauce that the case against Majak does not look good for him. Not that necessarily means anything in the lottery of our legal system. But given other posts on Curran/Tarrant's future our 2015 list changes may include

Curran (Retired), Tarrant (Retired), Majak (Jail and/or AFL suspended)

Hence a need for a KP player who can play forward. Of course we could go the draft but as the cliche goes - BMTT. So I can now see the logic of getting Waite as a Free Agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back