Review Autopsy Thread - Dogs v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree we did and we failed. but it's not about us.

Where did you think you'd finish this year? I had you guys around 9th-10th knocking on the door.
I think a few of us had the similar sort of feeling of finishing around that sort of area.

For the record, a lot of the guys are just angry and they see what's a somewhat negative, but fairly reasonable post from a Carlton supporter, and it's a fairly easy target. Don't take it to heart, you're always welcome here (apart from if Carlton beat us :p) because from what you've posted in here I can tell you're a good guy. You just picked a bad time where people are looking to take out their anger on something.

Win was our season. Start was shonky and ugly, some scintillating, exciting stuff to get us all pumped up, then a fizzling finish to keep us in our sad place.

Plenty of positives out of the game. Bonts, stringer and the rat again.

We played some good footy but when you get 35 scoring shots, 7 or so more than the opponent and don't finish ahead you can't complain too much. Just over anxious and slack defensive running. Will be paying some very strong attention to our defensive improvement next year.

The result or the draft pick don't bother me. Just means I've got less people to be excited with bout some of these pups until our next win.

Finished the year better than one more team than we did last year. It's a long way to the top

This wasn't a tank, just an absolute garbage performance.

No doubt people will whinge about this being brought up for the umteenth time, but McCartney's job should be in question.

First half was absolutely diabolical & devoid of any discipline or determination. If the players, seniors included, are adopting this disgusting attitude, then the man at the top is doing something very very wrong.

Horrible first half and we kept kicking points. Can we borrow the gws kicking coach, they kicked them from everywhere. Really enjoyed the game but not the result win by a few points, lose by a few wont matter in the end. Important thing is the team gets some killer instinct and not to piss away easy shots at goal. How do we get it?

Are people serious when they think we tanked?

Does anyone actually think that honestly?

Positive - we get pick pick 5. We will get one of McCartin, Wright, Petracca, Brayshaw or Lever. Hopefully with a few decent picks we can land a decent mature KPP too in a trade.

Negative - a s*** feeling in our stomachs for next 6 months.

Would give up a lot to get Hoskin Elliott also!

This wasn't a tank, just an absolute garbage performance.

No doubt people will whinge about this being brought up for the umteenth time, but McCartney's job should be in question.

First half was absolutely diabolical & devoid of any discipline or determination. If the players, seniors included, are adopting this disgusting attitude, then the man at the top is doing something very very wrong.
I wouldn't go this far but I'd be majorly supportive of a full football department review in the post season conducted by someone outside the club. Much like the one conducted in 2007 with Eade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horrible first half and we kept kicking points. Can we borrow the gws kicking coach, they kicked them from everywhere. Really enjoyed the game but not the result win by a few points, lose by a few wont matter in the end. Important thing is the team gets some killer instinct and not to piss away easy shots at goal. How do we get it?
Every team we play kicks them from everywhere.

Please tell me you're joking. Please
I think I was in shock.

I don't honestly know anymore. I'm not commenting on the game at the moment because I'm going to be looking through rose-coloured glasses.

I agree we did and we failed. but it's not about us.

Where did you think you'd finish this year? I had you guys around 9th-10th knocking on the door.
We underperformed this year, no denying it. The younger players mostly improved, but I'm not sure whether the coaching staff have their heads screwed on. With all the talk of needing a tall forward, Roberts hasn't been trialled there and Jones gets dropped after 2 quiet games. Geelong were patient with Hawkins, now he's repaying them. Same with Talia, how he's spent the year in the VFL has me :confused:

great clubs like hawthorn never give another club a start like that in a must-win game. they come out with fire in their belly from the first bounce and stamp their authority on the game. we are a side full of shrinking violets and lack true leadership.

i hope you are all prepared for another 3-4 years of garbage because thats what we are in for.

If I try to put any rationale behind the performance today, I feel like ill bang my head on the keyboard until it explodes..

FirstDraft.gif

You win some you lose some. Not that fussed this year.

Seeing lots of progress in the youngsters. Bonti is a monty for Rising Star. Stringer and Crameri kicking goals. Macrae has been awesome. Griffen hitting form.

Yep there are negatives but really I didn't expect much more this year.

Put a KPD in the backline, put a KPF fwd and a in form Jones, and we aren't too far off being okay.

Gee Dahl needs to learn to kick.

If we aren't close to 50% win/loss next year....grr

Emotion of the game aside and purely speaking from a tactical POV,
HOW MANY TIMES DO WE DUMBLY AND STUPIDY BOMB THE BALL TO THE TOP OF THE GOALSQUARE

WE HAD TWENTY MORE INSIDE 50'S AND WASTED EACH AND EVERY ONE

Outcoached again....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back