Port wearing away strip - now ok to wear prison bar jumper - AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

If that's the one they approved I can only guess at how bad the other options were.
You obviously never saw them so you shouldn't make comment.

Take your grievance to the AFL, it's their problem.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that Richmond wouldn't care what strip it played in this week.

Why are Richmond not wearing this jumper with white shorts? There would be no clash at all.
portwinhero.jpg
This the jumper the AFL deemed not worthy of a final!!!!

Everyone blaming Richmond need to open their eyes. Sure, Port Adelaide deserve to wear their home jumper, but saying a home final equates to wearing a home jumper is silly. They still have a home final, regardless of which jumper they wear. It is still played at Adelaide Oval, is it not? Yes, a home jumper would make it seem more of a Port home game, but with the amount of Port supporters there, a jumper is not going to influence the result either way.

Also, everyone needs to realise that the AFL approved Richmond's clash jumper prior to the start of the season. Why is it our clash jumper is good enough to use in the Home and Away season, but not in a finals match? Seriously stupid.

Those saying Richmond should pay a fine for not having an adequate clash strip need to realise the AFL APPROVED the jumper. So for the AFL to say we don't have an adequate clash strip, if anyone should pay a fine, it should be the AFL , and paid directly to the Port Adelaide Football Club for compensation for the potential loss of merchandise sales.

We are not the bad guys here. We submitted a jumper that complied with the AFL's Jumper and Clash Policy, and it was approved for use. The AFL are the ones who need to be lambasted for approving what they now deem as inadequate.

Me, personally, I believe Port should wear their Home Jumper. We have played them in our clash strip and white shorts every time we played in SA, so why is it not good enough now?

Your clash jumper is not good enough to use in the home and away season either, West Coast at Subiaco game a few weeks back proves this.
The whole thing is a joke.

All that any club can do is comply with the regulations that the AFL give us. We did, the AFL accepted it, and we've used that jumper vs Port in the past with no issues. You cannot seriously lay the blame for this at Richmond's feet.

Yeah we can. Don't half arse designs. If you had gone with a mainly white or yellow jumper there would be no clash.

Think about it. Designing a new clash jumper with a month to go in the season. With the time it would take to design, process and order their jumpers, we would still have this problem.

Not to mention the poor merchandise sales of the jumper with a few rounds to go in the season.

Richmond have an ideal clash strip at the moment. It is our VFL clash strip. Surely they could back order more next season, put the AFL and sponsorship logo's on it and be down with it.
Easy as piss you just submit your VFL clash jumper, you've already done all the work.

It's stupid this decision was made in many ways..
Port shouldn't have to wear the white, Richmond should have a stronger clash jumper etc..

But most baffling is why they're saying that either team needs to wear anything different from what they've worn in the past when they've played each other..
It has worked fine, they don't clash, the yellow of the wider sash and white shorts is more than enough..

Amateur hour once again at the AFL..
Idiots..

Pretty simple really. You submit a clash outfit at the start of the year. If neither the clash outfit or the traditional home kit are suitable against ANY of the other 17 teams home kit....then start again, clash kit not accepted (or submit a third).

Totally the AFL's fault.

Last edited:
Why are Richmond not wearing this jumper with white shorts? There would be no clash at all.
portwinhero.jpg

That is our clash jumper that is deemed "Not Adequate". Seriously, if it is good enough in the Home and Away season, it is good enough for finals.

It's stupid this decision was made in many ways..
Port shouldn't have to wear the white, Richmond should have a stronger clash jumper etc..

But most baffling is why they're saying that either team needs to wear anything different from what they've worn in the past when they've played each other..
It has worked fine, they don't clash, the yellow of the wider sash and white shorts is more than enough..

Idiots..

Yep I dont see the clash myself. Perhaps give them yellow shorts. Would enchance the clash kit.

You obviously never saw them so you shouldn't make comment.

Take your grievance to the AFL, it's their problem.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that Richmond wouldn't care what strip it played in this week.

Probably so, but if you had finished higher than us and were playing us at the MCG and you were told to change your strip because our clash strip wasn't up to scratch - well then I'd like to see how you'd feel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

your clash is a half hearted attempt which has caused problems before.

i didnt say you didnt follow the rules, i said u didnt follow the rules better than port. they are being punished; not you. the AFL rules are worse than your clash strip. AFL should never have accepted this if u cant wear it in September. should never accepted it at all in the first place.

and yes im a blind old fogey who needs new glasses watching on a internet steam at 240pp. what of it.
There is nothing wrong with our clash strip against Port Adelaide. Has been used many times before. The AFL has approved the Jumper many times.
If the AFL asked us to wear it on Sunday we would.

There is nothing wrong with our clash strip against Port Adelaide. Has been used many times before. The AFL has approved the Jumper many times.
If the AFL asked us to wear it on Sunday we would.
The AFL and Richmond were both pigheaded and stupid many times, just because both have done the wrong things many times doesn't make it right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back