Preview Finals 2014 Discussion: Sydney v Fremantle, 2.45pm Sat Sept 6th, ANZ Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crowley to Hanners is a no-brainer. It's been good that Parker has added outside run to his inside game and become just as dominant.
Crowley > Hanners
Mzungu > Parker or Kennedy

I reckon Crowley will go with jack, hanners scorched him last year and Crowley did a number on jack in the prelim.

Not sure Crowley has the guy running capacity to stay with hanners for an entire game. I reckon they might run hill with hanners but not exactly in a negating role. More of a keep and eye on him but still be an attacking player for freo

Mighty Mouse has a large tank for a small man, have you watched any swans games?

Edit: Of all the players, he has the most desire to do well in the finals.
I do watch Sydney games, you seem unfamiliar with Stephen Hill's running ability though.

Hill is a massive danger because he is a running machine and if given latitude can be destructive and although he was a driving force in Freo's fantastic 2nd half against Hawthorn you cannot deny when under sustained pressure he can be very shaky. Do yourself a favour and watch the first half of that game and watch his efforts below the knees when head was required over the ball.

The game being at ANZ should actually work in Sydney's favour (for a change).

We played a game there last week. We played a hard contested game there on a rubbish surface. We played there with 5 of our first picked 22 out.

This week, all those factors swing back in our favour.

Last time Freo played that ground was PF 2005.

The game being at ANZ should actually work in Sydney's favour (for a change).

We played a game there last week. We played a hard contested game there on a rubbish surface. We played there with 5 of our first picked 22.

This week, all those factors swing back in our favour.

Last time Freo played that ground was PF 2005.

This makes no sense whatsoever.

To many words strung together in a cohesive manner? Correct punctuation? Lack of rhetoric and speculation?

"We played a game there last week. We played a hard contested game there on a rubbish surface. We played there with 5 of our first picked 22 out. This week, all those factors swing back in our favour."

Why does this work in Sydney's favour? You boys will be sore after playing on a "rubbish surface" and a "hard contested game". That doesn't work into your favour.

The AFL have said they will fix the surface before the game this weekend. That doesn't work into your favour either (as it will benefit both sides).

"We played a game there last week. We played a hard contested game there on a rubbish surface. We played there with 5 of our first picked 22 out. This week, all those factors swing back in our favour."

Why does this work in Sydney's favour? You boys will be sore after playing on a "rubbish surface" and a "hard contested game". That doesn't work into your favour.

The AFL have said they will fix the surface before the game this weekend. That doesn't work into your favour either (as it will benefit both sides).

Freo is playing at a ground they've never played before. We had a decent limber up there with 5 of our best starting 22 out, 4 of which will be back. Surface will be better for this weeks game but still unknown to Freo.

Yeah. Confusing I know.

Will be a good game- Don't think Crowley should go to Parker, I think we'd love that. Crowley is a great tagger and let's say he beats Parker around the stoppages than Parker will push forward. Parker's contested marking is fantastic and I'd back him to beat Crowley a lot if he went forward. Hanners and Kieran Jack don't have that ability which is why Crowley going to one of them would be a far better move for Freo imo.

Do any Fremantle fans disagree with that? Anyone that has seen much of Luke Parker knows he's a great mark above his head and he/Kennedy are only great contested marks from the (Sydney) midfielders imo.

If it's wet Fremantle will be boosted big time- skillful players rise to surface which suits both sides, but Fremantles most dangerous forwards imo are their small skillful guys, ours are obviously Buddy/Tippet.

If it rains I predict Freo by not much, if it's sunny I expect Swans by not much. Should be a cracking game and if this game was played ten times I'd expect a split of the results for sure.

I'm excited!

Freo is playing at a ground they've never played before. We had a decent limber up there with 5 of our best starting 22 out, 4 of which will be back. Surface will be better for this weeks game but still unknown to Freo.

Yeah. Confusing I know.

Actually, it was for the reasons outlined.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. Confusing I know.
A limber up? What do you mean?

I don't think playing there in recent years matters. Hawthorn had not played there for four years around this time last year. Richmond had never played there either.

Yeah. Confusing I know.

Well,I reckon we are better chance of beating your mob at ANZ compared to us beating Geelong at SS in last years 2013 QF.

Freo are a huge chance. Sydney under immense pressure not to waste a dominant season IMHO - and it will be a risky second round final followed by a potentially brutal trip to Melbourne against a rested Hawthorn or Geelong for the loser.

In other words, it's going to be epic!

Who will play on Buddy? Whoever it is, they should put some physical heat on him early, probably the only thing Geelong did right in the 2008 granny.

Freo are a huge chance. Sydney under immense pressure not to waste a dominant season IMHO - and it will be a risky second round final followed by a potentially brutal trip to Melbourne against a rested Hawthorn or Geelong for the loser.

In other words, it's going to be epic!

Who will play on Buddy? Whoever it is, they should put some physical heat on him early, probably the only thing Geelong did right in the 2008 granny.

This guy:

happy-gilmore-giant.jpg

I think playing at ANZ reduces the impact of four tall forwards - it is a very narrow ground - and not that long - 3rd man to the contest is going to be a bit easier than at the width of MCG / SCG - not saying that means Freo wins, but it may help us. Perhaps Reid will play back ?

I think playing at ANZ reduces the impact of four tall forwards - it is a very narrow ground - and not that long - 3rd man to the contest is going to be a bit easier than at the width of MCG / SCG - not saying that means Freo wins, but it may help us. Perhaps Reid will play back ?

Reid only goes down back when required, he'll play forward and roam.

Goodes will do the same but spend some time in the midfield instead maybe. So, not so crowded now, yeah?;)

I think from a Sydney point of view, their half-back line is extremely dangerous - Freo can't afford to bomb it in and let Malceski and co run it out too easily - must be patient and hit targets, otherwise we could get hurt badly.

Reid only goes down back when required, he'll play forward and roam.

Goodes will do the same but spend some time in the midfield instead maybe. So, not so crowded now, yeah?;)

If it is wet, do you think that Longmire will go in less tall? Maybe leave Reid out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back