Trades / Delistings & Draftees 2014 (latest: Clarke & Mooney going home, Yagmoor delisted)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember Brown over both GF's on Riewoldt? On the biggest stage nullifying the best KF in the game back then was pretty decent :)
Love Frosty though and the way he goes about it

And that's what always gets thrown up. 2 games four years ago, when we had a fearsome midfield and cohesive back six supporting Brown (smother of the millennia for instance). Not knocking Brown's efforts in 2010, I honour him for it. But feel it's a standard that Frost gets unfairly held to that honestly isn't even representative of Brown's career, let alone of the situation Frost faced this year.

And that's what always gets thrown up. 2 games four years ago, when we had a fearsome midfield and cohesive back six supporting Brown (smother of the millennia for instance). Not knocking Brown's efforts in 2010, I honour him for it. But feel it's a standard that Frost gets unfairly held to that honestly isn't even representative of Brown's career, let alone of the situation Frost faced this year.
Why is Frost being held to any standard set by other defenders the club? he only played due to injuries. Is he better then Brown? Of course not but he has done a stellar job considering everything thats happened.

Well, I think in 2015, it won't be a foregone conclusion who is better, even assuming Brown is able to stay out on the park.

And like the Grundy-Witts thing, I don't see having two players who are close to each other in ability is a bad thing (so long as that level of ability is a good level). :)

Yeah well we may as we'll fill up the full senior list. There's no need to leave a spot free for a rookie promotion as shazza and caff will be placed on LTI and we can promote 2 rookies immediately.

So I think at this stage we have 5 draft picks (1 likely to be used on Frost). This obviously changes if we trade a player, recruit a FA or make more delistings

I'd not entirely confident we are keeping Martin anyway so 'd probably do it. Blow for the VFL side.

On Dale Tapping's review. Sounds promising for Kyle.

37. Kyle Martin
Statistics:
15 kicks, 2 marks, 5 handballs, 20 disposals, 4 clearances, 3 inside 50s, 2 rebound 50s, 7 tacklesDale Tapping says: A solid effort. Kyle competed strongly all day under a close tag from the opposition. His form at VFL level has been excellent and we hope he can have a really strong pre-season and progress to the next level.

Pies contract position as of now.

Martin has to be placed on the senior list or delisted as I believe this is his 3rd year at Collingwood as rookie. Someone might confirm this pls.

View attachment 77779
Those that were upgraded, were they upgraded for just the year replacing injuries or are they regarded as a permanent upgrade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those that were upgraded, were they upgraded for just the year replacing injuries or are they regarded as a permanent upgrade?

Just for the year or until the injured player returns. Then it's back to the rookie list.

Pies contract position as of now.

Martin has to be placed on the senior list or delisted as I believe this is his 3rd year at Collingwood as rookie. Someone might confirm this pls.

View attachment 77779
Martin was pick 13 in 2012 rookie draft (end of 2012) so has only had two seasons on rookie list. I believe he can agree to a 3rd but with his form would have thought he'd want opportunity so I expect promotion or trade.

Nope just upgrades for the year. Upgrades don't become permanent until announced at the national draft. Frost will get upgraded and word is so will Kyle Martin.

Don't understand why the club would delist a future legend of the game and this years Brownlow Medalist. Bucks has got to go, I've had enough now.

Yags' 2 games will live on in my memory forever. Best of luck for the future old mate :(
#Yagmoor4Brownlow

Nope just upgrades for the year. Upgrades don't become permanent until announced at the national draft. Frost will get upgraded and word is so will Kyle Martin.

If Frost and Martin are getting promoted, you'd think there would have to be more list changes to come.

We've only lost four off our senior list. If two of those four spots are taken up by promoted rookies - that means we're out of the national draft by the end of the second round (pick 26) - hardly the behaviour of a team trying to rebuild with youth.

In the last two years Hine has gone into the draft with two senior list spots up his sleeve to use on late draft picks if he wanted to. It has been a wonderfully successful strategy.

In 2012 he didn't use them in the (heavily compromised) national draft, preferring to use those picks in the rookie draft instead - Welcome to Collingwood Oxley (showed so much promise that he was promoted) and Frost (will be promoted).

In 2013 he did use them in the national draft. Welcome to Collingwood Langdon and Marsh.

2014 is an uncompromised draft and by virtue of finishing down the ladder, our picks are early in the draft order.

For example, in 2012 our fourth round pick was at #80 (which we didn't use) whereas in 2014 our fourth round will be #62.

Given the huge success of our strategy in recent seasons to go into the national / rookie draft with picks up our sleeves - surely we would do it again?

If so, we are due another two delistings at least - assuming Frost and Martin are promoted. Trading one player for another doesn't get us there. Trading players for picks might (with the help of pick swaps)

Last edited:
Thats good news. Do you think he has a role to play going forward?

I honestly haven't seen a lot of him so assume he's been held back to work on deficiency's.

I think he is earmarked for a Ball type role. Lot of people say that is ADams but Ball and Adams played together this year and I wouldn't mind betting Martin and Adams might be a plan they are working to. Kennedy is the other in that type of role but I think he will take Blair's role pretty quickly. BK and Martin can both play fwd as can Adams so gives them flex.

I think he is earmarked for a Ball type role. Lot of people say that is ADams but Ball and Adams played together this year and I wouldn't mind betting Martin and Adams might be a plan they are working to. Kennedy is the other in that type of role but I think he will take Blair's role pretty quickly. BK and Martin can both play fwd as can Adams so gives them flex.

I would play Kennedy before I played Martin.

Has more Weapons and is a Better Prospect. Quicker as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back