List Mgmt. Player re-signings

Remove this Banner Ad

Why was my post antagonistic? Because I disagree with someone else's post?
I don't have any problems with anyone on here, they are all faceless pseudonyms otherwise they would all use their Facebook accounts as their profile.
I cannot see the media playing the 21 gun salute as some people are already calling it.
Because this is relevant and not all antagonistic...
Please, I thought you claim to be CEO of a major company?

It's interesting who you decided to respond to out of everyone in this thread

I wouldn't ask this guy..
View attachment 78878
I dunno, he grew up to be pretty savvy

2WESagN04jw.jpg

I reckon Jack Steven is going to be one of these possibly one of the last named..

21 players in 21 days.... I named 15 that i think were out of contract this year so about 6 others missing.. Looking at our 2015 out of contract list himself, Webster, Newnes and maybe Stanley are ones worthy of early extensions.

I just think they've extended his deal before being a FA next year, just a gut feel we'll see soon though.

I think it is a yawn fest.

No one else outside of Saints fan would really care would they? Especially during the finals.

If anything, I would announce it in one big block as a message to prospective trades that this is a great club that great players are committed to for the long term.

No one else outside of Saints fan would really care would they? Especially during the finals.

If anything, I would announce it in one big block as a message to prospective trades that this is a great club that great players are committed to for the long term.
Fair call VDS.

But with our season over the club aren't going to have much to report on over the next few weeks unless something stupid happens again, so probably behind there reason behind it? just to give fans something to read/watch each day for a bit of interest.

Fair enough, but it's main target probably is Saints fans so it gives us all something club related to read over the finals period where all we will hear about is other teams.

I'm not sure if announcing them all together would help entice players here because they will all be announced before trade week anyway so it sends the same message about the players commitment regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair call VDS.

But with our season over the club aren't going to have much to report on over the next few weeks unless something stupid happens again, so probably behind there reason behind it? just to give fans something to read/watch each day for a bit of interest.

It's more exciting to come on here with you guys every day. :)

It may be a little over the top but it's good news in the off-season. How long has it been since we only had that?

like for instance how much press has doggies had since the end of the season. nothing. I suspect the club wants the saints fans to get onto the website each day, make comments, make some noise, get on radio and talk up the re-signings. not just wait until the finals are over and trade week begins before any news comes out of the saints.

Ones that were out of contract that i can remember

Tom Lee
Tom Hickey?
Nathan Wright
Spencer White
Josh Saunders
Brodie Murdoch
Lewis Pierce
Daniel Markworth
Maverick Weller
Eli Templeton
Cameron Shenton
Darren Minchington

Add to that Luke Dunstan, Blake Acres and Jack Billings extensions

That's 15 names so maybe another couple of extensions. Unless it's just weekdays which would make it 15 in 15 days!

that would be the fifteen in fifteen days, I think it is a great idea this saints fest, as it keeps supporters and any sponsers informed and up to date, it is a great marketing ploy by the club, and a win win win for everyone. saints are on the right track, very important to keep the list together.

Wow 3 year deal for Saundy they must rate him highly.

I thought he'd only get a 2 year deal but good on him.

o_O

"Now 20 games into what promises to be a long and successful career, Saunders has signed on until the end of 2017 as part of the Saints Future Fest campaign."
It actually says both 2016 and 2017 in the article! He says 2016 in the video though?

The contracts thread already has him down until the end of 2016.

Pretty relieved with this one, though. I really rate him, but with him being sub so often, and dropping out of the team mid season, I was a worried that the club weren't so keen on him.

I'm gonna take Josh's word for it lol!

2017 would be a stretch too but 2016 is well deserved. I don't see him as a best 22 player long term but he's only 2 years in and has done enough to earn another 2 years on the list. Congrats to Josh

The contracts thread already has him down until the end of 2016.

Pretty relieved with this one, though. I really rate him, but with him being sub so often, and dropping out of the team mid season, I was a worried that the club weren't so keen on him.

Main thing with Saunders I think is his disposal. He knows how to find the ball and can kick goals, but sometimes he butchers the ball. I'm glad that they decided to extend his contract though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back