List Mgmt. Player re-signings

Remove this Banner Ad

Going by the "SaintsFutureFest" hashtag the club have going you'd assume they're all just young guys.

The club already confirmed Fish's re-signing the other day as well.

Manimal_Dunstan any chance you can post a list of those still to sign, for all on here who want to have a stab at who is available to be re-signed tomorrow and on following days?

Manimal_Dunstan any chance you can post a list of those still to sign, for all on here who want to have a stab at who is available to be re-signed tomorrow and on following days?

Here is the list i came up with yesterday which all names will probably be announced as re-signings maybe.

Were OFC at the end of 2014:
Tom Lee
Tom Hickey?
Nathan Wright
Spencer White
Josh Saunders - (Confirmed)
Brodie Murdoch
Lewis Pierce
Daniel Markworth
Maverick Weller
Eli Templeton
Cameron Shenton
Darren Minchington

Extensions:
Jack Billings
Luke Dunstan - (Confirmed)
Blake Acres

Seems there will be 21 players so here are the youngish blokes OFC in 2015
Rhys Stanley
Jack Steven
Jack Newnes
Jimmy Webster
Arryn Siposs
Dylan Roberton
Sebastian Ross
Tom Curren

You'd think Siposs, Roberton, Curren and maybe Ross will be wait and sees? guess we'll find out over the next 21 days.

Pretty sure it is every day of the week so 21 signings in 21 days it will be.
I cannot believe that there will be 21 re-signings. There are not that many out of contract players

I cannot believe that there will be 21 re-signings. There are not that many out of contract players

Don't have to be out of contract, but extensions of contract, as it was with our first name, Dunstan. He was contracted for another year, but they have added a further two years. With this logic it means that the club is locking up all of the youth they want plus some others on new, or extended contracts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have faith in management.... Personally I thought 12 months would be sufficient.. But what do I know

We are currently paying less than minimum cap and have been given permission to put next years contracts on to this years to meet our minimums. Expect even contracts unlikely to be honoured to be signed. A lot of kids will be driving new cars next year.The only way we can pay minimum is to give excessive front loads to the unsigned or re-contract guys who currently have contracts. Re-contracting rips up the current deal and make a new one.

So just for example the bonus of playing at the Saints for someone like Billings or Dunstan compared to Hartung at the Hawks. Hartung gets one or two matches a year in his first 3 year and is on a minimum contract with match payments missing. Billings probably gets a heavy front load so we keep space later for a FA. He get maybe $300,000 + match payments and as many games as his fitness manages in that same period.

Best line from him:

“With so many young guys coming through, we are all supporting each other and helping each other get better,” he said. “We’re not interested in slow progress. We’re committed to rapid improvement and pushing each other to the limit.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back