Official Team Thread West Coast Wonders - S18 Team Thread (Reigning Premiers)

Remove this Banner Ad

Still freezing overnight! Yeah yeah... I've been to the country before!

Any good drinking places around?
Well I could be in Darley or I could be in Ballarat that weekend.

Nah it will be baking hot by then. And JD's sports bar if you want to watch sports and such. Western Hotel is not to bad after the redevelopment and the George is a little bit fancy if you are into that sort of thing.

Nightclubs well they aren't far away ;)

Well I could be in Darley or I could be in Ballarat that weekend.

Nah it will be baking hot by then. And JD's sports bar if you want to watch sports and such. Western Hotel is not to bad after the redevelopment and the George is a little bit fancy if you are into that sort of thing.

Nightclubs well they aren't far away ;)
I'm too old for a nightclub! :p

Han.jpg
So, I was going to try and make a follow-up gif of Han/Charlie getting defrosted by Leia / PVF to signal my return to the SFA but after realising it was going to take more effort than "none" I gave up.

But anyway, yeah, I'm back.

So, I was going to try and make a follow-up gif of Han/Charlie getting defrosted by Leia / PVF to signal my return to the SFA but after realising it was going to take more effort than "none" I gave up.

Good to have you back JP. Now makes 3 tricolours with us. If only that flog Danoz would realise that the wonders are where his true home is.

Stop tagging me.

I'm far too busy hacking into celebrities' phones to be concerned with this petty competition.

I'm so close to unlocking Magda Szubanksi I can taste the sweat!

I'm not sure the cloud is strong enough to hold those anyway. May take an umbrella with me today just in case.

Still a win.

The classic definition of the Wonders.

Winning with minimal effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies for the absence boys , there was a whole big ordeal with my pop and hospital and now a old folks home , hoping to get back into it.
Welcome back mate!

You're not the only Wonder to have been hit by personal circumstance, unfortunately. Qooty has also decided to be a massive campaigner (this is the new BF word for the c word), but because the Bears are so s**t, we still have a chance of not winning the wooden spoon this season. Also, okeydoke7 has come up with the ingenious idea of having a top 8 for a 12 side league, and we're still only 2 wins away from cracking the 8.

What else have you missed.... the new side Warriors are probably the most circle jerking team, the SFA has seen. Their captain, Frankston Rover, acts like it's a bukkake session in every thread. The SFA as a whole has been overtaken by the new expansion players, which, well, let me put it this way, we're currently in the "dark timeline" of the SFA.

Oh! The Baghdad Bombers are now the Baghdad Bandits, due to the fact that every non-Essendon supporter would never join a side with the name "Bombers" in it, even though it is a fantasy game. This has mostly been met with negative views, but I personally like it. Don't tell anyone that, they might start calling me the next worst captain in the SFA.

As for the media side, there's not much to say. We went through a deja vu stage where all the new threads created seemed familiar to the ones that were created in the past! Very spooky. Danoz is holding the mantle for the stats stuff. I'm riding his coattails on an interview segment which keeps me relevant in the SFA while I do * all, and it trended more than the ALS Ice Bucket challenge did, with lots of unoriginal posters copying our idea. Oh! fumbler, and some other SFA posters have created an Inside Qooty thread which is essentially the ramblings of a mad man. I liken it to the chaos theory. Marlowe also attempted a match thread content review thread, where he reads all match threads, provides some commentary and rates it. But after 7 or so rounds of the expansion sides talking about.... everything that a 13 year old talks about with his mates, I think he's been scarred for life.

Oh, and the big bad Jet has been exiled from the SFA. Forever. Or has he?

All in all, it's good to have you back mate.

All we do is win. Although we've kind of forgotten that a little bit this season so I wanted to come back and remind everyone.

We're the Wonders. We win things.
You're back!

Sounds like I've missed a heap but if we're a couple games out the 8 I know where to concentrate , bring on 8th I say.

Is someone supplying cardboard goatees for the darkest timeline? Until I can grow my own.
I just ordered 10kg of black cardboard.

I ordered the best cardboard you could get, don't worry, I used croweater 41's credit card.

Does each team have like a best and fairest or something?
Yep.

This season it'll be done by me.

It's purely Qooty based, although some clubs do other awards.

They are usually done a week or two after the season is finished for the club.

croweater 41, if you do the team this week, chuck me at FB.

Our defence is ruddy s**t, and hopefully my own shitness makes that a double negative and it becomes good!

I'd be cool with moving back on to the half back line to take a step closer to our line-up that was so successful last year if you and crowie think it's best for the team.

Cool with playing anywhere and ready to kill this thread with all the bear puns I've been thinking up over the past couple of months. :p

croweater 41, if you do the team this week, chuck me at FB.

Our defence is ruddy s**t, and hopefully my own shitness makes that a double negative and it becomes good!
We will need it up by Wednesday at the latest to help logger out as he is going away. So make the call if you do it or I it doesn't matter.

The week after I may need you to do it.

I will also be away from Saturday to Tuesday maybe pending on how grand final results go. So I will happily take a HFF/FP if need be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back