List of Trade/Free Agency Rumours 2014 (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

He dosent have to nominate for the draft.
Melbourne will delist him and he will go undrafted then he will sign for what ever club wants him.
Why would a club trade a pick for him when they could potentially get him for nothing?

Robbie Nahas and Mavrick Weller did the same thing last year.

Cool. But you said that he has been already delisted, here let me remind you

He has been delisted.
Melbourne won't get anything for him

Clearly that hasn't taken place yet as the club is going to try and trade him. So, you were wrong.

Re Sam Blease. This is a direct quote from AFL website.

"When we met with Sam during his end-of-season exit interview, we both agreed that it hadn’t worked for him at the Melbourne Football Club and that we would try and assist to find him a new club during the trade period,"
Indicates a trade will be sought. I assume if one doesn't happen he will enter the draft.

Don't laugh, if it was us that had O'meara, we would do the swap. Our club would say, wow, a 6ft 6 giant, and an onballer and all they want is one onballer, quick, let's do the deal before they change their minds.
Thats even more stupid. O'meara will be better then cotchin and im sure they wouldnt even give up him for those two

He dosent have to nominate for the draft.
Melbourne will delist him and he will go undrafted then he will sign for what ever club wants him.
Why would a club trade a pick for him when they could potentially get him for nothing?

Robbie Nahas and Mavrick Weller did the same thing last year.

Weller went to the Saints in the rookie draft so that's completely different. Richmond delisted Nahas because they knew they weren't getting anything in a trade for him.

The same could happen here. If they think he's worth something, Melbourne don't have to delist him until after the DFA period. If that's what happens then he has to nominate for a draft to get onto a list.

Most likely what happens is that they realise no-one is paying more than about pick 70 for him and let him go the easy way. But they don't have to do that.

I don't understand why North are the team Chasing him??

Better off going to Freo or the Doggies if he wanted to stay in Melb.

Petrie, Brown and Black seems like a decent tall trio.

But Waite, when in form, is certainly a big upgrade on Black. Petrie, Brown and Waite is a pretty scary forward line...

I think they have decided Tarrant can't get on the park and Daw isn't going to cut it if they are to push for a premiership, therefore first string unit will be Petrie, Brown & Waite and if there is an injury/suspension/loss of form then they can call in Black...pretty handy.

Petrie, Brown and Black seems like a decent tall trio.

But Waite, when in form, is certainly a big upgrade on Black. Petrie, Brown and Waite is a pretty scary forward line...

I think they have decided Tarrant can't get on the park and Daw isn't going to cut it if they are to push for a premiership, therefore first string unit will be Petrie, Brown & Waite and if there is an injury/suspension/loss of form then they can call in Black...pretty handy.

It'll be interesting to see how the likes of Mason Wood, Robbie Tarrant and Taylor Garner take the news that North has recruited an inconsistent >30 year old who will push them further down the pecking order.

It'll be interesting to see how the likes of Mason Wood, Robbie Tarrant and Taylor Garner take the news that North has recruited an inconsistent >30 year old who will push them further down the pecking order.

Wood and Garner are more high half forwards anyway. I know Wood plays as a FF in the VFL, but he also plays a lot of footy off the wing, he's in our best 5 kids, easily.

Considering that Tarrant's perennially injured and there are rumours he might hang up the boots, Garner wouldn't be competing for the same position as Waite and Wood could probably fit in the side with Petrie, Waite, Brown/Black then I don't think it will be an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering that Tarrant's perennially injured and there are rumours he might hang up the boots, Garner wouldn't be competing for the same position as Waite and Wood could probably fit in the side with Petrie, Waite, Brown/Black then I don't think it will be an issue.
Wood and Garner are more high half forwards anyway. I know Wood plays as a FF in the VFL, but he also plays a lot of footy off the wing, he's in our best 5 kids, easily.

So you don't see Waite as a strange recruit for the Roos? For someone without a great knowledge of the Roos I would have thought they would have been looking to build a forward line around Brown, Black, Wood an Ziebell.

I'm not wrong. He can walk as a delisted FA! Who cares anyway. He is s**t. His best chance is being rookie listed.
Yet another wasted 1st round pick for Melbourne
He can't sign as a delisted FA unless we delist him. It's really not that complicated.

Re Sam Blease. This is a direct quote from AFL website.

"When we met with Sam during his end-of-season exit interview, we both agreed that it hadn’t worked for him at the Melbourne Football Club and that we would try and assist to find him a new club during the trade period,"
Indicates a trade will be sought. I assume if one doesn't happen he will enter the draft.

Before the draft he'll join a team as a DFA.

You have no other option but to delist him if you can't find a trade. Laidler all over again.
No. If we decide that we'd rather keep him than lose him for nothing we can offer him a new contract. If he turns that down he's not a delisted free agent and he has to go to the PSD. Delisted free agents are players that the club is willing to lose for nothing.

No. If we decide that we'd rather keep him than lose him for nothing we can offer him a new contract. If he turns that down he's not a delisted free agent and he has to go to the PSD. Delisted free agents are players that the club is willing to lose for nothing.

You've decided to part ways. If you wanted to keep him you would've offered an extension & only then if he requested a trade would he not become a DFA.

You've decided to part ways. If you wanted to keep him you would've offered an extension & only then if he requested a trade would he not become a DFA.
There's no way to know that we haven't already offered him an extension which he's declined.

He has no currency so he'll be delisted
Former (end of) first round draft pick... Can't blame them if they try to get some sort of return for him.

But can we just agree that he's NOT a delisted free agent (technically, not yet, at least), but Melbourne are unlikely to get anything of value for him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back