List of Trade/Free Agency Rumours 2014 (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 21 and a second grade foward should do it?

Depends who the second grade forward is?

Looking at Carlton's list, I don't see many appealing options in terms of forwards

I dont understand this logic. Not worth a top pick , how many mids in this draft are better than him.?
Anyone that gives a top pick for Mitchell is stupid but it'll hurt them so good luck to ya, because like I said he isn't worth a top pick, if he was he would be getting game time, Sydney obviously don't rate him.
what's he done to be worth a top 10 pick, nothing. His output suck at AFL level and the NEAFL is s**t.

His third rounder at best but is being massively overrated just because his playing for Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone that gives a top pick for Mitchell is stupid but it'll hurt them so good luck to ya, because like I said he isn't worth a top pick, if he was he would be getting game time, Sydney obviously don't rate him.
what's he done to be worth a top 10 pick, nothing. His output suck at AFL level and the NEAFL is s**t.

His third rounder at best but is being massively overrated just because his playing for Sydney.

Have you actually seen him play?

If Carlton want him so badly, they should be willing to give up a 2nd round pick...otherwise, he'll stay at Sydney, still has 2 years on his deal

You must be overrating draft picks way to much if you think he is only worth a third round pick, he is cleary worth a 1st rounder.

There are number of reasons why he isn't in Syd team at the moment, only a few year ago WCE gave up a first rounder for Wellingham and im pretty confident that Mitchell will be a much better player than he is.

Last edited:
Have you actually seen him play?

If Carlton want him so badly, they should be willing to give up a 2nd round pick...otherwise, he'll stay at Sydney, still has 2 years on his deal

Whats Carlton's R1 pick? They would trade their R1 for him , as most clubs would if its in double figures. Earlier than that it starts to get sticky simply because Carlton will like the look of a few of the taller players in the draft. I could see them putting a bid in on Moore if before Pies.

Whats Carlton's R1 pick? They would trade their R1 for him , as most clubs would if its in double figures. Earlier than that it starts to get sticky simply because Carlton will like the look of a few of the taller players in the draft. I could see them putting a bid in on Moore if before Pies.

I think we are leading the race to sign Jaksch (GWS), so if we manage to secure him with a deal involving our second pick, I can see us focussing on a mid with our first.

You must be overrating draft picks way to much if you think he is only worth a third round pick, he is cleary worth a 1st rounder.

There are number of reasons why he isn't in Syd team at the moment, only a few year ago WCE gave up a first rounder for Wellingham and im pretty confident that Mitchell will be a much better player than he is.
That's because we have dumb ass recruiters, no way would I ever do that trade as I wouldn't give a top pick for Mitchell. So many dumb recruiters, you'd be one too.

That's because we have dumb ass recruiters, no way would I ever do that trade as I wouldn't give a top pick for Mitchell. So many dumb recruiters, you'd be one too.

Ive seen enough of Mitchell to suggest he will be a 10 year player and a good one too, so surely if you had the chance to take that or a pick between 14 and 20 you would take Mitchell every day of the week.

Tom Mitchell isn't worth a top draft pick
I believe he is. He's contracted and if you look to the draft, you are hoping for kid as good as Mitchell with a 7/10 pick. He is a gun. Had some injuries this year but last year, his 2nd year he absolutely kicked arse.

If carlton want him, their pick 6 will be in play. They may be able to drop a few places in the draft and use that pick for Mitchell and then have Mitchell and another pick/player from a pick 6 trade, but there isn't a player carlton can afford to lose that they could trade and a mid 20's pick is no chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back