Preview Hawks vs the COLA $wans and the man they call Juda$ - it's the big dance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Sydney but jeez there are some big matchups coming up. No real weaknesses I see for either team, it'll just be who stands up on the day.

Puopolo - Rohan
Roughead – Richards
Breust – Smith
Hale – Grundy
Gunston – Rampe
Lewis - Malceski
Gibson - Franklin
Stratton - Goodes
Duryea – McGlynn
Lake - Tippett
Hodge – Parker
Birchall – Reid
Hill – Jetta
Burgoyne – McVeigh
Smith – Jack
Ceglar – Pyke
Mitchell – Kennedy
Langford – Hannebery

COLA does seem a bit silly to be honest. I mean what about Carlton players, that's a pricey area in Melbourne, so should they get more COLA than say Geelong?? I mean Geelong would be cheap to live I assume as it's not CBD, so then should they have less salary cap? (Port Adelaide is cheap to live too)... it's a total mess this COLA stuff in my opinion.

I wouldn't be quite as angry if the AFL just called it the NRL competition allowance. It would still cheapen everything that wretched organisation 'achieves' - but at least the labelling would be truthful. Should Port get less of a salary cap because it's cheaper to live in Adelaide than it is in Melbourne? It's a ridiculous system - bring on 2017.

I hate Sydney but jeez there are some big matchups coming up. No real weaknesses I see for either team, it'll just be who stands up on the day.

Puopolo - Rohan
Roughead – Richards
Breust – Smith
Hale – Grundy
Gunston – Rampe
Lewis - Malceski
Gibson - Franklin
Stratton - Goodes
Duryea – McGlynn
Lake - Tippett
Hodge – Parker
Birchall – Reid
Hill – Jetta
Burgoyne – McVeigh
Smith – Jack
Ceglar – Pyke
Mitchell – Kennedy
Langford – Hannebery

Breust has just about been the only forward to beat Smith all year. Comprehensively smashed him last time we played.

Buddy has killed us both times despite being way off target. Tippett has been dangerous but also has been unsighted for long periods. We all know Goodes can pop up for a few bullshit goals here and there.

Battle will be won in the midfield as most games. They have a stronger midfield on paper but I'd say we bat deeper.

I wouldn't be quite as angry if the AFL just called it the NRL competition allowance. It would still cheapen everything that wretched organisation 'achieves' - but at least the labelling would be truthful. Should Port get less of a salary cap because it's cheaper to live in Adelaide than it is in Melbourne? It's a ridiculous system - bring on 2017.
Just because the price of milk is 10% higher does not mean a player on $500,000 needs an extra $50,000 to 'live'. It is a 'Kept Sydney at the Top' through market destroying forces. And to add the ambassador payments and academy on top of that is completely insulting. From what I can tell Goodes and maybe even Jack represent very little or even nothing in their salary cap. Its wrong and I don't know why the clubs accept it. I am a member of the Hawthorn Football club and it is not in my interests that Sydney do well. I could not give a stuff. All clubs should be demanding an end to these concessions because there is not a club member that is better off because of COLA etc. other than Sydney. The AFL is SUPPOSE to be run in the best interests of the clubs and the clubs are to be run in the best interests of their members. It is that simple.

If Hawthorn lose there won't be a single supporter who won't feel cheated. And this is the problem. Sydney have not won a flag without League sanction salary cap advantages for 80 years. It is a blight on the sport and needs to go.

So I hope we smack these clowns so justice can have its day. So that club members who support the club in good faith can get a reward for that faith and not be denied it by systemic imbalances designed to favour one team above all.

The important thing with curbing Franklin is when he moves out to the wing. Coaches and on field leadership need to be alert to the fact that he alternates between 2 roles and fairly regularly. He was the one feeding the ball to Tippett against North and had 6 inside 50s. The issue for Freo was that when he moved on to the wing they did not man up on him because Silvagni stayed back so he was left to wonder around the wing and the 50M periphery without an opponent.

We also need to deal with Goodes because if he looks like he thinks he is clever it is because he does. He plays his opponents for dummies (I promise you he will go into politics after his football career is over) and his whole game these days is based on being clever and outsmarting his opponents so he needs to be watched closely.

category 5, as a single ticket. Whats the go with Standing room? never stood at the mcg, travelling from interstate so not that familiar.

Last edited:
The important thing with curbing Franklin is when he moves out to the wing. Coaches and on field leadership need to be alert to the fact that he alternates between 2 roles and fairly regularly. He was the one feeding the ball to Tippett against North and had 6 inside 50s. The issue for Freo was that when he moved on to the wing they did not man up on him because Silvagni stayed back so he was left to wonder around the wing and the 50M periphery without an opponent.

We also need to deal with Goodes because if he looks like he thinks he is clever it is because he does. He plays his opponents for dummies (I promise you he will go into politics after his football career is over) and his whole game these days is based on being clever and outsmarting his opponents so he needs to be watched closely.
Hawthorn invented that role for him. The coaches and players are very aware of every part of Franklin's game. He's done nothing this year that he hasn't done with the Hawks in the past. Whether or not we can stop those things is another story but rest assured unless he's been saving a new trick for next Saturday there's nothing he's got we won't have seen before.

Puopolo - Rohan
Roughead – Richards
Breust – Smith
Hale – Grundy
Gunston – Rampe
Lewis - Malceski
Gibson - Franklin
Stratton - Goodes
Duryea – McGlynn
Lake - Tippett
Hodge – Parker
Birchall – Reid
Hill – Jetta
Burgoyne – McVeigh
Smith – Jack
Ceglar – Pyke
Mitchell – Kennedy
Langford – Hannebery

You need a big body on Kennedy......Lewis has to go to him at the stoppages.

Hill wont be going head to head with Jetta......Cunningham will be taking him. (This match up will probably decide if we can win or not.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn invented that role for him. The coaches and players are very aware of every part of Franklin's game. He's done nothing this year that he hasn't done with the Hawks in the past. Whether or not we can stop those things is another story but rest assured unless he's been saving a new trick for next Saturday there's nothing he's got we won't have seen before.

Ohhh make no mistake he has at least one hell of a new trick cryptor...its called contested marking, strong one grab, no fumble hands out on the lead, powerful body positioning in the marking contest without giving away free kicks...he never did that at Hawthorn or against Gibbo before...make no mistake this is the Franklin we all thought he was when at Hawthorn but has only now legitimately earned the all COMPLETE player tag

You need a big body on Kennedy......Lewis has to go to him at the stoppages.

Hill wont be going head to head with Jetta......Cunningham will be taking him. (This match up will probably decide if we can win or not.)

Hodge will spend time on Kennedy. Might rotate with Lewis and/or Sewell depending on selection. Hill has been just about player of the finals serious for us thus far and am happy for anyone to play on him. Who do you think will play on Smith?

I thought he might go into acting given he has spent the past 2 years auditioning. Would be perfect for "Drop Zone" or "Falling Down".

I'm not convinced on Cyril. We're talking about the chance of back-to-back flags. Can we risk an underdone player?

Now that we've gone through the process and he seems to have got through the game today then we have to play him. Even if he just plays forward. He really is the wild card now. If Lewis is fit the question is going to be who misses out and who plays sub. Cyril won't be sub.

I've noticed a few of you already have you ticket allocations. Should I be worried if nothing has come through for me, I'm a gold class member and did everything asked the other week. Should I have mine by now?

people underrate the intensity that would've been shown in the VFL grand final. A lot of AFL players there and would've easily been up with a regular home and away season match if not more. Huge inclusion if he comes in, shake the cob webs off and boy could be massive.

Hodge will spend time on Kennedy. Might rotate with Lewis and/or Sewell depending on selection. Hill has been just about player of the finals serious for us thus far and am happy for anyone to play on him. Who do you think will play on Smith?

Last game Lewis spent the majority of game time on Kennedy.......he beat him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back