Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to here legitimate reasons as to why your so wrapped up in this bloke? What's the game plan ? Why are you so baffled by his bullshit teaching mantra? He's never played the game telling brownlow medalists and 200 game players how to play the game. Just tell me as to why he is Our Mastermind?????????
And you have never coached an AFL game, so why are you telling him how to coach or that he can't coach?

Your point is invalid.

I just want to here legitimate reasons as to why your so wrapped up in this bloke? What's the game plan ? Why are you so baffled by his bullshit teaching mantra? He's never played the game telling brownlow medalists and 200 game players how to play the game. Just tell me as to why he is Our Mastermind?????????
And you have never coached an AFL game, so why are you telling him how to coach or that he can't coach?

Your point is invalid.

might as well sack roos
melbourne had a bad year.

Don't forget Leon Cameron.. All those draft pick gimmes, so many KPFs and they're still sitting at the bottom

:rolleyes:

Will, Will Minson go, my information is YES, destination Geelong.
yet his manager said on trade radio he won't be traded and that he's very comfortable at the club and wants to finish his career at the bulldogs

hello VitalDread of 2013, is nahas coming to us?

because they are shit players that aren't mentally strong enough to play in a grand final and have no room in our club.
Get draft picks, bring in new talent that will shape our side and help push us for a flag

Higgins, injury prone, bad 1-1 defender, not even top 22 in a top 4 side.
Jones- doesn't work hard enough to learn how to become a great forward, runs under the ball, doesn't tackle or chase, kick 3 goals in a grand final in which two were free kicks.
Tutt- shits himself while under pressure, imagine him in a grand final, he would be killed in 10 mins.

All are gone because they don't fit the club needs or wants and thank goddness they are gone. bring in fresh/mature talent to change the list.
Problem is VD that we've tried to retain all 3. So this is a hit for the club internally. This isn't part of the plan. It's not what we wanted.

Problem is VD that we've tried to retain all 3. So this is a hit for the club internally. This isn't part of the plan. It's not what we wanted.
The club hasn't tried that hard to keep them. They've known all season that Higgins could leave, and that Jones was discontented. They decided not to try to please them, somewhere along the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macca is safe as houses in his job - and I'll happily go on the record that I won't renew my membership if I'm wrong and he does get sacked because paying him out and basically turning our back on what we've been building the last 3 seasons would really be going backwards. Not losing a few blokes who were all in the 15-30 range on our list who think they will get greater opportunities elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, they are all losses because at their potential best (arguable that they'd ever fulfill it though) they would all play an important role for us (Jones 1stKFP, Tutt being a Issac Smith reincarnate, Higgins playing a Malceski role), but facts are they weren't, which is why they spent time in the VFL.

What's important is how we now go about replacing them and still improve next year. That will be Macca's real test.

That is literally the exact point I'm trying to make.
Irrespective of their ability or impact on the list, we wanted to keep them, we tried to keep them, and we failed to keep them. And perhaps caused by misgivings with the coach, that isn't a good sign.

Macca is safe as houses in his job - and I'll happily go on the record that I won't renew my membership if I'm wrong and he does get sacked because paying him out and basically turning our back on what we've been building the last 3 seasons would really be going backwards. Not losing a few blokes who were all in the 15-30 range on our list who think they will get greater opportunities elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, they are all losses because at their potential best (arguable that they'd ever fulfill it though) they would all play an important role for us (Jones 1stKFP, Tutt being a Issac Smith reincarnate, Higgins playing a Malceski role), but facts are they weren't, which is why they spent time in the VFL.

What's important is how we now go about replacing them and still improve next year. That will be Macca's real test.
no easty, we need you for the cheer squad :(

The club has posted on Facebook and hour ago denying all rumours
And asking everyone to get behind Macca
i believe that was Bulldogs Online which is ran by three fans that post here.
Some really awesome, smart fans.

That is literally the exact point I'm trying to make.
Irrespective of their ability or impact on the list, we wanted to keep them, we tried to keep them, and we failed to keep them. And perhaps caused by misgivings with the coach, that isn't a good sign.

Maybe we did try a little to keep them and offered them reduced contracts that the club knew they would not accept, therefore they would then make their own decision. It is about time the club became more ruthless. My preference would be to let any senior players go who are not buying in. Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney are successful due to their strong club culture. Players do not dictate to the board and have to tow the line and place the club in front of the individual.

if our soft senior players are placing their own selfish interests in front of the clubs long term plan then trade them.

Losing players we were "trying to retain" is interesting wording. We may well have drawn a line in the sand and offered them very little which I believe would be the case. There had to come a time we got tough on the players we needed to develop to step up further as a footy club

You know this or you want to believe this?

I'd like to think we've looked at what Adelaide have done this week (which btw has cost them Dangerfield, my mail says he's gone) and realise that they're going to go backwards next year and we shouldn't follow suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back