Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of the 'quality' of players that are 'walking out' or how hard we tried to keep them we can all agree it's a massive PR blunder.

Lots of not so knowledgeable supporters (where the money comes from) are assuming the players are quitting the club due to discontent or some underlying reason for not wanting to be there.

OK, so you admit you have no idea.

Fair enough.

I have absolutely no idea what the club will actually do but if the go in the sack Macca direction it will baffle me.

If McCartney is sacked, I won't be getting a 2015 membership.

He has some serious balls as our coach, prepared to let players go if they aren't mentally tough.

Higgins, Jones, Tutt, etc - each of these players have been consistently inconsistent - caused by being unable to consistently mentally apply themselves.

To each of them, good luck, but good riddance. Nonetheless, it takes great strength of character to cut the list deep.

Keep it up Macca.
Tutt applied himself immensely this year and still didn't get a great go at it, I'm not that surprised his management is considering their options.

I just want to here legitimate reasons as to why your so wrapped up in this bloke? What's the game plan ? Why are you so baffled by his bullshit teaching mantra? He's never played the game telling brownlow medalists and 200 game players how to play the game. Just tell me as to why he is Our Mastermind?????????

I think that a lot of people found that this was an interesting post. I don't think we can attribute the great recruiting we have to Macca's good coaching. We can attribute it to his bad coaching though.

Its four players who have supposedly walked out; Pearce, Tutt, Jones and Higgins.

Is it true that Macca has not nominated Foster for Father/Son? Peter Foster was a late developer, then developed fast into a quality player. maybe his son will go the same way. What would Macca's thinking be?

Is it true that Macca has not nominated Foster for Father/Son? Peter Foster was a late developer, then developed fast into a quality player. maybe his son will go the same way. What would Macca's thinking be?
Doubt Macca would be thinking anything about drafting, since it isn't his job.

Do people realise that we have been the third worst performed team during the past 3 seasons?
That our performance dropped dramatically with the change of coach?
That the team has played consistently at a poor to mediocre (at best) standard for his full tenure?

This forum has been full of posts from baffled supporters questioning team selection and tactics. It is not at all surprising that there will be disgruntled players. I am more surprised by the support and devotion given to a coach that has produced such poor results.

Players don't complain and/or walk out when things are going well or if they think things are at least on the right track. This sort of behaviour occurs when they have completely lost faith in the coach and club direction. Players know that rumours can get out and people in the club and industry can potentially hold such behaviour against them in the future.

Even most McCartney supporters and fence sitters thought he was down to his last chance to show that he can do the job in 2015, before players started leaving. If there is a rift why would you back a coach that is essentially living on borrowed time anyway?

Looks to me like the Bmac era is coming to an end..........

Desired players leaving
Rumors of internal dissatisfaction
Media warming up to a sacking and sharpening knives
The board coming out and stating they are fully behind Bmac
Hopefully its only a matter of time
This thread 400pages strong may well be OVER

(oh please santa let it be true i wont ask for anything for christmas -promise!)

Looks to me like the Bmac era is coming to an end..........

Desired players leaving
Rumors of internal dissatisfaction
Media warming up to a sacking and sharpening knives
The board coming out and stating they are fully behind Bmac
Hopefully its only a matter of time
This thread 400pages strong may well be OVER

(oh please santa let it be true i wont ask for anything for christmas -promise!)

I really don't think Macca is about to be sacked. But I do think that there is absolutely no doubt that 2015 is sink or swim time.

This thread will be resolved one way or another by August 2015, I reckon. Because if we're still treading water by then, the pressure will be irresistable and the board simply won't be able to risk an exodus.

And that is good news for all. Because that means either we'll be starting our climb up the ladder. Or we'll have a brand new coach in 2016 with an excellent list boasting plenty of promising young talent to work with.

I really don't think Macca is about to be sacked. But I do think that there is absolutely no doubt that 2015 is sink or swim time.

This thread will be resolved one way or another by August 2015, I reckon. Because if we're still treading water by then, the pressure will be irresistable and the board simply won't be able to risk an exodus.

And that is good news for all. Because that means either we'll be starting our climb up the ladder. Or we'll have a brand new coach in 2016 with an excellent list boasting plenty of promising young talent to work with.
2015 shouldn't be sink or swim time by way of wins and losses. It should continue to be sink or swim time re the progression of our young talent, which is a test he passed again this year. We're seriously only an injury to griff, Libba, Morris or minson away from being a wooden spoon contender next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bomber Thompson will coach Gold Coast.
What is wrong with out Club, slow to move.
Cannot believe we don't go all out to get him, Macca is just a matter of time.
Club must make a statement today. Surely.

If you say we sack macca, bomber won't come to bulldogs
Bomber and Macca are best of mates and have been for the past 12 years.
No way he would take over bulldogs are firing his mate.

The fact the club has been silent on various issues makes me think, hope and hope again that there is someone working in the background quietly getting all the facts together such as why Jones and Tutt want out, why J.Grant is almost certain to walk next year, why there is no real apetite for players wanting to come to the Dogs, why is there discontent between players and coaches (it is real to what extent I have no idea), why no real progress has been made in the last 3 years, why no statement has been issued regarding Shannon Grant does anyone for sure if he is gone? Are we on the hunt for a replacement? and the list can go on.

I think the silence from the club maybe the calm before the storm?

This is my gut feel and not based on anything else.

Sorry to pop in but losing a few crap players is no reason to sack your coach. Your list looks really exciting and is only going to get better with a few more kids this year. Never let the players run the club. My club has had this system for 100 years - our players have always run our club.

Sorry to pop in but losing a few crap players is no reason to sack your coach. Your list looks really exciting and is only going to get better with a few more kids this year. Never let the players run the club. My club has had this system for 100 years - our players have always run our club.
Please stay and post more. Please.

Who are these senior players who want Macca gone? Cooney? Minson? Boyd? Sounds like these players are putting their own interests above the interest of the club. Hope the board is really backing Macca as Stevo reported......

Who are these senior players who want Macca gone? Cooney? Minson? Boyd? Sounds like these players are putting their own interests above the interest of the club. Hope the board is really backing Macca as Stevo reported......

This is a bit of a watershed moment for the club. I'm confident that the Board and Management know what is really going on in the playing group and will deal with it in the best interests of the club. This week we are seeing a bit of evidence of exactly that.

The senior players who all have resigned with the Bulldogs in recent seasons under B-Mac apparently.

Problem is VD that we've tried to retain all 3. So this is a hit for the club internally. This isn't part of the plan. It's not what we wanted.
No we didn't - Higgins is a RFA, we can match the offer if we want to. We wont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back