Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can confirm that most things people have been writing here are actually true... but so mixed up and twisted the truth is far simpler and far more prone to becoming a total clusterheck... i love the comedy of the gods. if ernie gets his way... then you will see disaster unfold. I know what took place at the club, it starteed in round 14, i even have a bloody time line. it is pathetic and stupid and has dragged on this whole time, the gutlessness of our seniors is only proven sounder by their stand after the season was over.

Jones is 23 and not a senior player.
doesn't matter the age, it's where he stands and how he sees himself. he is part of the senior group (if you ask him), and being dropped took him away from his 'senior mates'

I'm a major supporter of Jones and I don't really like our coach but even I have to agree with this.
There isn't a player revolt. Nobody of massive significance has walked out.
Why don't we focus on things like getting wins for next year first.
Hey I've said for years I'm junior vice president of the Liam Jones appreciation society but the reasonable suppirters need to temper our worry. Yeah they may have been part of our future yes but they were the cream and not the cake. Our cake is still firmly contracted. We can always find more cream.
Now I'm hungry.

PG has been in Maccas corner all the way through. If there is any substance at all to rumours of discontent amongst some players then they'll need to fight a lot harder in the boardroom than they did on the field. James Hardie they are not.

I'm a major supporter of Jones and I don't really like our coach but even I have to agree with this.
There isn't a player revolt. Nobody of massive significance has walked out.
Why don't we focus on things like getting wins for next year first.

Particularly as we're only seeing one side of the equation here - disgruntled players who either don't want to work hard or want to play where they want - departing the club.

At the end of the trade/draft period - let's reassess where the list is at and go from there....

i can confirm that most things people have been writing here are actually true... but so mixed up and twisted the truth is far simpler and far more prone to becoming a total cluster****... i love the comedy of the gods. if ernie gets his way... then you will see disaster unfold. I know what took place at the club, it starteed in round 14, i even have a bloody time line. it is pathetic and stupid and has dragged on this whole time, the gutlessness of our seniors is only proven sounder by their stand after the season was over.

doesn't matter the age, it's where he stands and how he sees himself. he is part of the senior group (if you ask him), and being dropped took him away from his 'senior mates'
So then... shed some light on what has gone on

Tutt quits Bulldogs, another gone. Stay tuned.

Source if you can. If you can't that's fine.

Shame, I like Tutty and think he could be good. But let's be honest, he was borderline best 22 all season... You could make a case for him in, but also for him missing out...

If any of this rubbish is true and the club actually allows senior players ( who by the way performed poorly this season ) to hijack its coaching appointments then we are doomed. Our clubs history is littered with this sort of thing and probably explains why we have failed to make Grand Finals. As a club we will never be taken seriously and be able to attract quality coaches in the future. The club needs to show some balls and stick it out. Freo and Adelaide can afford to throw money away and Freo out of finals in straight sets and I can't see Adelaide making top four anytime soon.

i can confirm that most things people have been writing here are actually true... but so mixed up and twisted the truth is far simpler and far more prone to becoming a total cluster****... i love the comedy of the gods. if ernie gets his way... then you will see disaster unfold. I know what took place at the club, it starteed in round 14, i even have a bloody time line. it is pathetic and stupid and has dragged on this whole time, the gutlessness of our seniors is only proven sounder by their stand after the season was over.

Well given the state of affairs, I can not see any harm, only good, should elaborate on the events which began in round 14 - our second half capitulation at the hands of port. You need not name names to give us the general gist.

If this club had any balls do something before this is all to late Sack This F$&@?@&$ Clown Immediatley where are in Massive trouble

Just some perspective here:

Jones - 19th in B&F
Higgins - 16th in B&F.
Tutt - heck knows in B&F.

Now, you can argue that some of these may be harsh voting wise, but doesn't really reflect total and utter panic.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever the case is, it is time Gordon comes out and says what is really happening at our club. What I would like to see is him come out and say, we have full support in McCartney and will back him to lead this club into the future. If the players are not happy they can suck it up or leave, because I haven't seen McCartney do anything wrong as yet, only trying to develop a young club. C'mon Gordon it's time.....

not sure has channel 7 reported macca will be sacked in the next couple of days
No idea but wrong thread. Takes forever to catch up on this thread we don't need all the coach stuff in here as well.

not sure has channel 7 reported macca will be sacked in the next couple of days
MY GOD!
FOR F**K SAKE!
MARK STEVENS SAID HE IS SAFE AND SOLID
DO YOU PEOPLE EVEN F LISTEN!!

Whatever the case is, it is time Gordon comes out and says what is really happening at our club. What I would like to see is him come out and say, we have full support in McCartney and will back him to lead this club into the future. If the players are not happy they can suck it up or leave, because I haven't seen McCartney do anything wrong as yet, only trying to develop a young club. C'mon Gordon it's time.....
Is that not what he did when he extended his contract?
It's all rumour and innuendo at the moment. Don't give it oxygen.

I am hoping griffin is not a party to this crap. What about the petulant performance this senior lot put in v gws in round 23
It is clear to me now they were in protest mode. What a disgrace.
Griff had 38 touches in round 23 and ran his guts out.
Morris was our best defender over the course of the year.
Murph - high finish in the B&F, our best rebounding defender. 24 touches against GWS

The only player who really had a down day against GWS was Wilbur - and he still managed 30 HOs against one of the better rucks in the comp (Mummy).

I don't care that's none of our 'prized' players are leaving. Tutt, Pearce, Jones, Higgins have all quit the club. That's four players right there who no longer want to be a part of what we're offering them. Four players. Not delisted, not retiring, four players who want to leave to explore other options. That says something.

Add that on top of the Minson rumours, Boyd's resigning being very, very acrimonious and very close to not happening at all (he probably wouldn't get a game anywhere else in the league save GWS), and it's not really painting a pretty picture is it.

Despite the rhetoric of many of the BigFooty brethren, I believe his time is almost up. Poor start at the beginning of next year and very much wouldn't be surprised if the axe is swung.

Irrespective of a coaches' grand plans and how long they take to implement, irrespective of the list that we had when we got our coach, in modern, business footy you cannot give a coach four years to develop a team. That's too long. Brisbane, with half of their talented young players walking out and the first year of a new coach, have already moved passed us. GWS, with half their team injured, beat us in Round 23. It wouldn't surprise me if St. Kilda moved pass us as well.

Maybe we'll make some bold off-season moves. Maybe it'll all work out in the end. Maybe despite the many shortcomings of our coach and half our list walking out, the sheer talent of some of our players due to drafting means that we'll improve anyway.

But seriously. We lost to Melbourne in 2013 when they were one of the worst teams in the modern era, and the entire tactical shortcomings I posted a lot of in the review thread.

We lost to GWS in 2014, one of the worst teams in modern history, when they had something like a 20 strong injury list of which 15 would have made the team given that they were fit. And we dominated stats, but were comprehensively outcoached.

What's to say that any of our successes were not the coach, just individual brilliance of the raw ability of the players in spite of the coaching? Bonts' two last quarter goals against Melbourne, including what should have been GOTY... but that's just sheer individual brilliance. We still only beat Melbourne twice by single digits. How about that win against St. Kilda, or that great performance against Essendon before they overran us - both sheer individual brilliance by players like Stringer.

We're developing a great young list with some tip top talent. Lets just hope that our coach doesn't screw it all up, firstly by mismanaging players like Jones, Tutt etc, and secondly by simply being a poor coach.

Last edited:
If McCartney is sacked, I won't be getting a 2015 membership.

He has some serious balls as our coach, prepared to let players go if they aren't mentally tough.

Higgins, Jones, Tutt, etc - each of these players have been consistently inconsistent - caused by being unable to consistently mentally apply themselves.

To each of them, good luck, but good riddance. Nonetheless, it takes great strength of character to cut the list deep.

Keep it up Macca.

Sack this idiot. Where is mattdougie get on here and get rid of him where all calling for his head bar the believers....Sack This Clown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back