Mitch Clark discussion - Geelong gets the flog

Remove this Banner Ad

I know that feel bro. The inequity of this comp is driving me away. Yeah we have been s**t, but we have been pillaged for years whilst the big clubs stay on top thanks to topping up on our developed and talented players. I am sick of it.
I think this is overstating it to be honest. You've made out like bandits many a time when it comes to premium draft picks.
Granted you've lost 3 good players in quick succession. Rivers, Frawley and Clark but other than that there hasn't been a great talent drain IMO.

Though I do agree with the overall sentiment of your post - FA is turning bottom clubs into feeder clubs and it couldn't have come at a worse time given the compromised drafts.

Do you really think your club would take Clark if it was a big if? You must be stupid. Clark will be playing next season and will regain form quickly.
We do like a gamble on injured types. HMac and Selwood for example. One has been spectacular and one has backfired spectacularly.

I think this is overstating it to be honest. You've made out like bandits many a time when it comes to premium draft picks.
Granted you've lost 3 good players in quick succession. Rivers, Frawley and Clark but other than that there hasn't been a great talent drain IMO.

Though I do agree with the overall sentiment of your post - FA is turning bottom clubs into feeder clubs and it couldn't have come at a worse time given the compromised drafts. We do like a gamble on injured types. HMac and Selwood for example. One has been spectacular and one has backfired spectacularly.

Agree with that. No doubt our problems are mainly self inflicted. No argument we've stuffed up nealy all the good picks we've had through poor choices and/or terrible player development. With that said I don't really like where the game is heading firstly for self interest as we are certain to lose out going forward. Secondly as a football fan who doesn't want to see 4-6 clubs battle it out year after year.

David Schwartz on SEN said that he expects Clark for Varcoe to be the first trade signed off once trade week starts.

Personally I'm just happy that Collingwood tried to shaft us with a straight swap for Lumumba - but it's backfired on them and well get Lumumba pretty cheap now. :thumbsu:

How will you get Lumumba cheap now?

Least he fkd Collingwood

footy10-20120611163306250649-600x400.jpg

I like how he used their fitness staff for a couple of weeks whilst leading them on to believe he would go there.

Maybe he is just a massive tight arse and doesn't want to buy a gym membership.

How will you get Lumumba cheap now?

We'll either not take him at all, or get him for a bargain.

You guys absolutely have to let him go now - there's no way you can keep him. He's nominated Melbourne, so that leaves us shelling out something pretty minimal I reckon. No way our second rounder will be involved.

I would suggest our third round pick - but that could be tied up with Billy Stretch.

It's not looking good for the Pies.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a trade suggestion on facebook that reckons the best deal would be...

Mitch Clark, pick 22 and pick 58

FOR

Geelong's pick 13 and pick 33

Then they're suggesting we trade pick 33 to pies for Lumumba, use pick 39 for Stretch, and be left with picks 2, 3 and 13.
Now I KNOW this won't happen. But it's still funny to read and discuss these things. Even if only for a laugh. :p

I like this, make it happen!

Clark and our second rounder in exchange for Cats second rounder and Jordan Murdoch?

That pick 33 (or thereabouts) is probably a favourable price for Lamumba if we are still keen.

Would Cats entertain that or is it stupid?

Bare in mind you are getting Mitch Clark and a pick on the edge of the first round.

Im not quite sure if people in the know are aware of just how much Clark actually dogged us, but Ill tell you one thing, i am interested to see if Roos ever comes out and gives his true feelings on the matter

Id like to give credit to Misson for the amount of time and work (unpaid) he put in to getting Clark into the position of even thinking about playing AFL again. All done with the intentions and promise of Clark that he will play for us

To think we gave this guy Jim Stynes number.

I for one am sick of the amount of times weve been shafted the last few years, but this time we really did the right thing and were the good guys and we still get *******************. Id hope the players feel the same way next year when we run out against Geelong, and they dont hide away like the first time we came up against Scully

This is simply THE BEST OUTCOME if we can manage to pull it off!

Then send 2+3 for Danger + pick 9.

Danger
Harry L
Stretch
Pick 9
Pick 13
Frost

Bang!

There's a trade suggestion on facebook that reckons the best deal would be...

Mitch Clark, pick 22 and pick 58

FOR

Geelong's pick 13 and pick 33

Then they're suggesting we trade pick 33 to pies for Lumumba, use pick 39 for Stretch, and be left with picks 2, 3 and 13.
Now I KNOW this won't happen. But it's still funny to read and discuss these things. Even if only for a laugh. :p

Nah, 'Murder' Murdoch is ours. I've heard the name 'Travis Varcoe' bandied about a bit. Immensely talented, but like some cursed with talent Trav tends to take things easy and for granted. What do you guys think about him?
We cannot be a dumping ground for your not quite rights.
In keeping with that statement you can stick Varcoe up your ass.
Should be demanding better than that.

Of course Clark walks into Geelong's best 22 if fit. But that's a big if and doesn't mean we automatically give up a best 22 player. There are lots of ways for a reasonable deal to be arranged that doesn't include Varcoe or Stokes.

Geelong will have a list of players we're willing to trade as part of the deal. Maybe they'll appeal to Melbourne, maybe they won't. For example Kelly might be on there and perhaps Melbourne are interested in the leadership he can provide while developing the list for a couple of years. Maybe not. In the end it doesn't really matter because if you're not interested in players we're willing to offer then we'll deal with picks instead.

Look Geelong have a history of being reasonable at the trade table. I brought up players like Hunt and Brown to give you some more info on them and because they're likely to be on offer if you're interested. If you're not interested fine. But I wouldn't waste too much time trying to convince yourself that a best 22 player from Geelong will be coming the other way. Geelong don't trade "required players" and unless there are some major factors like salary cap issues then Varcoe and Stokes won't be moving. But we can still come up with a reasonable trade without giving up those players like offering our 2nd rounder. That's the correct ball-park for a guy with his talent but also his issues. Unfortunately Melbourne aren't really in the position to try and force Geelong to give up a required player, something I don't think we've done by choice since Moloney.

Piss off mate. You don't bring a bloke to your club if you don't believe him to be fit.

We'll have a list of what we want in exchange for Clark, you meet it or you don't and we move onto dealing with Collingwood. If Mitch doesn't like it he can roll the dice in the PSD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back