No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To fight this properly Hird needs to go full ****** at the AFL.

He simply can't do that as the coach of an AFL club.

If he appeals, he has to go - for his fight and for the club.
I don't entirely disagree with this, but the way this has played out publicly with the feeding of information (by the board members) to various media outlets is rank amateurish and quite frankly, treating me with utter, utter contempt, which I loathe. Now my membership number may not be ranked as high as some others and my donations would lose out in a pissing contest with most others, but that is a membership and a donation that I cannot in good conscience give in return for the way the board has mistreated me, and gone about this

If players take a deal from here, and it has been mooted, then Hird has no option to fight the legality of the accusations. Players are drug cheats (albeit they get some pissy off season penalty) and Hird will be blamed (unfairly) by the AFL and suspended from ever coaching again.

And the players through the leadership Group have expressed their opinion to Hird. Hird knows the lay of the land - Seriously do you think any player ( in the whole AFL ) would want to be coached by Hird ?

Amazing isn't it. The guy is teflon. Absolute teflon.

Even after Dank again confirms he was heavily involved with Robinson when Bomber was at Geelong.. so Bomber had gone down this path before.. but no, it was just Hird's idea.. of course..

Did Thompson refuse to stand down in April 2013 ?

Did Thompson leak to the media in July and August 2013 ?

You are comparing apples with oranges.

I wait for the moment when Tim Watson opens his mouth - Then you'll know it is over.

Now its coming out - It's only natural that when your coach and OTHERS have inflicted so much pain on players, that a couple may want to move on,especially if Hird is coach.

I really haven't been pro any side the last few years, I've been pro truth and facts. Now I am questioning if the price for truth and facts is worth paying. What would be the best result for the football club? My guess would be not having a senior coach involved with a legal fight for another year, which doesn't allow players and the club to move on.

Is it Hird's right to challenge? Absolutely, but is it best for the club?

I've said all along.. If Hird goes.. then Bomber should as well.

You either get a fresh start or you are just scapegoating.. seems we have gone for the latter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Thompson refuse to stand down in April 2013 ?

Did Thompson leak to the media in July and August 2013 ?

You are comparing apples with oranges.

I wait for the moment when Tim Watson opens his mouth - Then you'll know it is over.
Watson said Hird will be sacked if he appeals on CH 7 news.

Amazing isn't it. The guy is teflon. Absolute teflon.

Even after Dank again confirms he was heavily involved with Robinson when Bomber was at Geelong.. so Bomber had gone down this path before.. but no, it was just Hird's idea.. of course..

Say it was both of their ideas just hypothetically. What would you advise the people at the club to do to move on? What do you think the board, players and senior two coaches to do?

If you're acting on the behalf of the Essendon Football Club and the players, would you advise James Hird to fight and remain as head coach?

I back Hirdy to fight the fight if he feels he needs to. His uncompromised approach is admirable. Fight for what is right. Don't fold because of public opinion. I aint seen evidence that says we're in the sh_t. By the way Danks is still holding strong? Big fight building, squeemish ones look away.

Furthermore, I trust our club to be in full communication and plotting the best way forward for all involved. No stand down, just stepping aside is a possibility. Get some business done. No prisoners.

Say it was both of their ideas just hypothetically. What would you advise the people at the club to do to move on? What do you think the board, players and senior two coaches to do?

If you're acting on the behalf of the Essendon Football Club and the players, would you advise James Hird to fight and remain as head coach?
Personally, my advice would be for the club to move on from Hird and Thompson. I would also ask that all board members that were present during that period, stand down.

I think if we are 'culling' then we need to clean house.. really clean house and start with a clean slate.

I also don't agree with appealing.. however it is his RIGHT to do so, I don't think he should be sacked for it. My advise would be for him to not pursue the matter.

3AW just reported that Jason Winderlich wants to leave Essendon and play elsewhere next year.
1407650346800.png

Players wanted Hird to return as coach.

Club decides it's probably better to tell Tom Browne we're considering sacking him instead, all because Hird was considering (but not confirmed to be) defending himself.

Seriously, who would want to play for this club at the moment? Stupid, reactionary board run by a shambles of a chairman.

Jeff Garlett isn't the smartest bloke and even he would be running for the hills at the moment.

And the players through the leadership Group have expressed their opinion to Hird. Hird knows the lay of the land - Seriously do you think any player ( in the whole AFL ) would want to be coached by Hird ?
We had an entire squad that did last season.

Since then AOD has been cleared, the "Mexican Drug" myth busted and it comes to light that ASADA are hanging their hat on one bad batch of TB4 that they have no evidence was used let alone on whom.

Why would they jump off now?

1407650346800.png

Players wanted Hird to return as coach.

Club decides it's probably better to tell Tom Browne we're considering sacking him instead, all because Hird was considering (but not confirmed to be) defending himself.

Seriously, who would want to play for this club at the moment? Stupid, reactionary board run by a shambles of a chairman.

Jeff Gartlett isn't the smartest bloke and even he would be running for the hills at the moment.

How can you possibly come to any conclusion about Winderlich's reasoning?

To say it's because of Hird today is utter crap.

LOL, Winderlich wont be leaving, I haven't believed anything that comes out of 3AW for a long time, that's laughable.

I would rather see this club crumble and burn than bend over and compromise on our principles. Maybe it's because I'm not as passionate about football because of what's happened so far. But I'm with Hird all the way. N.b. I'm talking specifically about the club terminating his employment if he appeals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back