No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, my advice would be for the club to move on from Hird and Thompson. I would also ask that all board members that were present during that period, stand down.

I think if we are 'culling' then we need to clean house.. really clean house and start with a clean slate.

I also don't agree with appealing.. however it is his RIGHT to do so, I don't think he should be sacked for it. My advise would be for him to not pursue the matter.

Thanks for the reply.

You can see how those who haven't been as supportive of Hird up to this point are now getting frustrated with him continuing the fight.

You're right, he is well within his rights to do so, but the club won't benefit from it.

1407650346800.png

Players wanted Hird to return as coach.

Club decides it's probably better to tell Tom Browne we're considering sacking him instead, all because Hird was considering (but not confirmed to be) defending himself.

Seriously, who would want to play for this club at the moment? Stupid, reactionary board run by a shambles of a chairman.

Jeff Garlett isn't the smartest bloke and even he would be running for the hills at the moment.

And he will still get run down by Fletch !!!

Time to clean it out completely, board and coaches all to go. Call it ground zero and let's start again, hiring the best people we can find, regardless of 'club loyalty' in order to make our club great again.

If Hird wants to appeal, good on him, no issues. But as others have said he can't coach and appeal at the same time. He should stand down, fight his fight and if he wants to reapply for a coaching position in the future then no worries, we'll see how we are tracking and if there is space and a role for him. Other than that, he can be remembered as an Essendon playing great

Winderlich will not play for any other club.

Thanks for the reply.

You can see how those who haven't been as supportive of Hird up to this point are now getting frustrated with him continuing the fight.

You're right, he is well within his rights to do so, but the club won't benefit from it.
My support has been under the guise "if one goes then all goes".. I am a very loyal person (to a fault) and I am yet to see a reason why Hird was singled out for his entire character to be bismirched.

It has (and continues) rankled me that Thompson (who DID bring these two characters to the club) has not only 'survived' but in fact become MORE popular during this saga.. I find it baffling.

Keeping Thompson as coach whilst we knife another.. is just disloyal.

#chrichton

If Hird hangs in long enough to get back to do what he was doing, ie turning this club around, then we won't have to worry about the stain of this ASADA beat up. Seriously.

Good luck with that fairy tale.

We're going to have this attached to us for decades at least, if not forever. Just look at Carlton with the salary cap, this in another stratosphere.

Sheedy smelled a rat with Bomber and moved him on after Bomber tried to turn the players against Sheeds in the 90's.

It is amazing how Bomber has come out of all of this as a clean skin with rainbows shooting out of his arse.
Interestingly Hird was a key factor in Sheedy keeping his job that time. That and a strong leader called Graham McMahon. If only.

The players don't want an appeal though, and he is appealling. We have seen that it doesn't work when the coach and players don't see eye to eye. See what's happened at Adelaide and Gold Coast and what might happen at the Western Bulldogs.
We should get McCartney back to the club as coach. Maybe he could recommend a new high performance manager...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My support has been under the guise "if one goes then all goes".. I am a very loyal person (to a fault) and I am yet to see a reason why Hird was singled out for his entire character to be bismirched.

It has (and continues) rankled me that Thompson (who DID bring these two characters to the club) has not only 'survived' but in fact become MORE popular during this saga.. I find it baffling.

Keeping Thompson as coach whilst we knife another.. is just disloyal.

#chrichton

this is the most baffling thing in the world. Bomber brought f***ing Dank over, but he's the saint who kept us afloat this season.

GET F***ED

I love Jimmy... and he has been utterly shafted. if he gets the arse from this club.... I am gonna need a few seasons of Melbourne Storm to move on from this reaming he has copped.

So Thompson has concerns over Adelaide sacking Sando and ruled out even speaking to them for how they treated his precious mate Sando and yet is happy for Essendon to shaft Hird and jump straight into his chair.

Makes sense :drunk:

He's also going to simultaneously coach GC who did the same thing to Guy McKenna.

this is the most baffling thing in the world. Bomber brought f***ing Dank over, but he's the saint who kept us afloat this season.

GET F***ED

I love Jimmy... and he has been utterly shafted. if he gets the arse from this club.... I am gonna need a few seasons of Melbourne Storm to move on from this reaming he has copped.

What?

Thompson never worked with Dank previous to EFC.

I back the Essendon footy club to the hilt and have done so since I was a little boy, but I also like to see people make a stand for what is right and I also stand by Hirdy, and whether he loses his job for it or not, he has been absolutely smashed by all and sundry and yet stands strong to his beliefs. I am disgusted by the way the media has treated him even when he took his (forced) whack for the good of the club. It would be extremely disappointing for the EFC to sack him because of the media pack of dogs, sniffing and scratching for absolutely anything to get rid of him, just so they can say they broke the story months ago etc... They have been constantly on about Hirdys job and position being untenable, yet not a hell of a lot has changed over the past few months in regards to information and proof. Good on Hird for fighting these ******* pricks all the way! #standbyhird

Hird steps aside to deal with this s**t on his and EFC's behalf...Sheeds holds the fort...Oops sorry, thinking out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back