Movies & TV The Hangar TV Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to watch it very soon. What did you think?
I'm actually loving it at the moment. Just watched episode 8 then. I guess it's looking quite walking deadish at the moment but it's different because there's a definitive source of the evil.. but really that episode felt like walking dead with vampirey things. Gore factor is satisfactory for mine. Not over the top, not benign.

There's a nice back story with the old jew from the concentration camps in WW2 and one of his nazi captors who has become "one of them" and looks no different now.. after make up, rubber nose and human dentures he puts on every night.

I'm giving it a solid 3.5/5 at the moment but that could go up or down yet.

I am into it and was not aware another season was coming out.

That is ******* awesome.
There's another season coming after this one too at some point. I'm pretty sure they bought out the rights for the show so they can do as they please with it and are distributing it through Netflix. And the best thing is it's still really good.

I'm actually loving it at the moment. Just watched episode 8 then. I guess it's looking quite walking deadish at the moment but it's different because there's a definitive source of the evil.. but really that episode felt like walking dead with vampirey things. Gore factor is satisfactory for mine. Not over the top, not benign.

There's a nice back story with the old jew from the concentration camps in WW2 and one of his nazi captors who has become "one of them" and looks no different now.. after make up, rubber nose and human dentures he puts on every night.

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like my kind of show. I'll have to find time to watch it when there's no kids around though.

There's another season coming after this one too at some point. I'm pretty sure they bought out the rights for the show so they can do as they please with it and are distributing it through Netflix. And the best thing is it's still really good.
Yeah there's like 8 seasons isn't there ???

It just never got s**t and the early episodes don't suck like a lot of other shows.

hello thread. i am buying a new tv and require some advice as i have never bought a TV before (!). im mainly buying a new tv because this current tv, which we did not buy (it was left in the garage by the previous tenants and henceforth adopted by me) does not offer the ability to record TV via USB and with cricket season looming and CA/C9's continued inability to offer even a 10 minute highlight package, I will need this ability.

It's only for my room, with 32 inch being fine (and indeed im not even sure if it will fit in my small room without some rearrangements). right now im looking at JB HI fi because they're having a sale, and in particular at these 5 TVs:

U9P8pXF.png

So I've got two main questions:

Who the hell is Hisense? Are they good
And what actually is a smart TV? What does it do? Are all it's added features, much like a next gen console, basically useless in an Australian home? Tell me what to do, whirlpool bigfooty

Phone

When I came to decide what TV I'd buy I spent a lot of time reading threads about particular models/brands on forums like Whirlpool and DTVInfo. Get an idea of which models/brands produce quality and those that don't. I'd also suggest going to the shop and spending some time judging what's on offer.

I know that doesn't exactly help you in getting closer to your decision, but it's been a couple of years since I've researched what's good and what isn't. From what I can remember from the time, it's that Samsung and Panasonic generally produce the best TVs, but I'm not sure if that still rings true.

Phone

When I came to decide what TV I'd buy I spent a lot of time reading threads about particular models/brands on forums like Whirlpool and DTVInfo. Get an idea of which models/brands produce quality and those that don't. I'd also suggest going to the shop and spending some time judging what's on offer.

I know that doesn't exactly help you in getting closer to your decision, but it's been a couple of years since I've researched what's good and what isn't. From what I can remember from the time, it's that Samsung and Panasonic generally produce the best TVs, but I'm not sure if that still rings true.

I'd recommend checking out Whirlpool as well. Was very helpful when I bought my TV 18 months ago.

Have watched the first few episodes, and am enjoying it. I'd rate it somewhere between 3 and 3.5.

There are a couple of things that annoy me a little...

The CDC seem kind of incompetent to me. There's a new "virus" that's killed a bunch of people, and aside from a couple of outspoken employees it's no big deal that it's covered up. I'm also surprised at the number of times they've said "wow, looks like something new" and yet more is not done to contain it, or to protect themselves (protective gear etc).

Also, the 4 people that are allowed to go home obviously look sick, and yet they're happy to put their family/friends at risk, and their families/friends aren't kicking up more of a stink about it either.

Despite all that I am enjoying it so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have watched the first few episodes, and am enjoying it. I'd rate it somewhere between 3 and 3.5.

There are a couple of things that annoy me a little...

The CDC seem kind of incompetent to me. There's a new "virus" that's killed a bunch of people, and aside from a couple of outspoken employees it's no big deal that it's covered up. I'm also surprised at the number of times they've said "wow, looks like something new" and yet more is not done to contain it, or to protect themselves (protective gear etc).

Also, the 4 people that are allowed to go home obviously look sick, and yet they're happy to put their family/friends at risk, and their families/friends aren't kicking up more of a stink about it either.

Despite all that I am enjoying it so far.
Have you kept up to date with this? Thoughts? It's starting to lose me a bit tbh. I also think Fox may have skipped an episode but I'm not sure.. which either says something about my concentration skills or the show itself.

Have you kept up to date with this? Thoughts? It's starting to lose me a bit tbh. I also think Fox may have skipped an episode but I'm not sure.. which either says something about my concentration skills or the show itself.

I have been watching it. I think it's gone downhill, but I've stuck at it because I'm curious to see how the first season ends, I won't be watching the 2nd season though.

It's a shame because it's a different take on an age old story, and I thought it had potential.

Aside from the average acting and the story getting bogged down with drama, there are a couple of things that bother me. That old guy was in his 20's in the 2nd world war, so he should be in his mid-nineties, not really the sword swinging age you'd think. And the bad dudes face/hands reminds me of a muppets character.

* There will be nine episodes, all of them written by Lynch & Frost, all of them directed by Lynch.

* The new episodes will be produced next season to air in 2016, which will be 25 years after the show was canceled.

* Showtime will air the previous two seasons in the lead-up to the new miniseries' debut.

* In the statement, Lynch & Frost said, “The mysterious and special world of 'Twin Peaks' is pulling us back. We’re very excited. May the forest be with you.”

As far as TV is concerned, I basically see it as the toss of a coin between The Wire and Sopranos for the best drama made but I have to say that Homeland is getting pretty damn close to being part of a three way split.

Now that I'm about half way through Season 3 I can say that I'm seriously impressed that they have not jumped shark making it some bullshit about Brody being on the run. The story naturally follows the end to Season 2 and all of the unanswered questions from the rest of the show which I'd contrast with the chaos of House of Cards that seems to be more about taking dramatic twists than evolving the story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back