Player Watch Levi Greenwood (Retired 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to hurt seeing him in the black and white next year. I've been one of his biggest admirers over the course of his career. Absolutely love the way he goes about it, he is as tough as wood-pecker lips and continues to give his all at the contest. He is an old school footballer, a finals footballer

His output this year was excellent, he was a bull at the contest, provided an option on the outside and attacked the man like a maniac. Done some unreal run-with roles as-well. While his kicking will sometimes frustrate, he has improved his decision making and most of the time doesn't blaze away like he did in the early years. Expect him to give 100%, 200% of the time.

It frustrates me a bit that people say he has had only 1 good season (statistically this is true) but if he had of been in our 22 for the whole season in the previous two season he would've had a similar output. Albeit he was on Brad Scott's shitlist so he didn't get an extended crack, yet we continued to play an inconsistent ziebell, soft bastinac and 10 touch wonder Adams. If it wasn't for Leigh Tudor loving the way he goes about it, and making Scott give him another crack this year, he probably would have languished in the two's again.

Enjoy having him play for you, he is one of those players who just play the game the way it should be played. I was always proud to have him play for the roos because you knew if it was his time to go, he would go harder than most out there!

You can't get sick of someone who goes this hard!

Welcome Levi. Quite excited to see how he goes given the great year he had for the Roos. Was watching him in the finals thinking jeez he's a good player. Fingers crossed he can maintain that standard with us. Looking forward to him and Adams forming a great partnership.

I wish all the best for levi greenwood i do not blame him for going to u guys he got offered a crap contract from north Melbourne i can understand why he wants to play with collingwood i hope he does really well for u guys
cheers mate, just a quick question, how big of a loss will he be for your boys, or is there a replacement that will slot straight in?

cheers mate, just a quick question, how big of a loss will he be for your boys, or is there a replacement that will slot straight in?

Yea he going to be a big lose but it just means something else will have step up i believe this guy will Trent Dumont we drafted him last year at pick 30

Trent Dumont has been our best performed VFL kid for about a decade imo, he'll be the one to replace him.

Anyway, good luck to Levi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea he going to be a big lose but it just means something else will have step up i believe this guy will Trent Dumont we drafted him last year at pick 30

We know what it's like to lose a player it hurts but your mob will be pretty good again this year recruited to give it a real shake

Just a question was he your best two way runner this year? I always rated Gibson highly in this category aswell

Going to hurt seeing him in the black and white next year. I've been one of his biggest admirers over the course of his career. Absolutely love the way he goes about it, he is as tough as wood-pecker lips and continues to give his all at the contest. He is an old school footballer, a finals footballer

His output this year was excellent, he was a bull at the contest, provided an option on the outside and attacked the man like a maniac. Done some unreal run-with roles as-well. While his kicking will sometimes frustrate, he has improved his decision making and most of the time doesn't blaze away like he did in the early years. Expect him to give 100%, 200% of the time.

It frustrates me a bit that people say he has had only 1 good season (statistically this is true) but if he had of been in our 22 for the whole season in the previous two season he would've had a similar output. Albeit he was on Brad Scott's shitlist so he didn't get an extended crack, yet we continued to play an inconsistent ziebell, soft bastinac and 10 touch wonder Adams. If it wasn't for Leigh Tudor loving the way he goes about it, and making Scott give him another crack this year, he probably would have languished in the two's again.

Enjoy having him play for you, he is one of those players who just play the game the way it should be played. I was always proud to have him play for the roos because you knew if it was his time to go, he would go harder than most out there

Love the respect you have displayed towards an ex player at your club.

Unfortunately today I can't say the same about my favourite player who went to the Lions
in a very "different" manner.

I'm sure we are very lucky to have him finish his career and hopefully hold up the premiership cup at our cub.
He sounds like a great person, exactly the type of player we need next year and beyond!

Love the respect you have displayed towards an ex player at your club.

Unfortunately today I can't say the same about my favourite player who went to the Lions
in a very "different" manner.

I'm sure we are very lucky to have him finish his career and hopefully hold up the premiership cup at our cub.
He sounds like a great person, exactly the type of player we need next year and beyond!

He is my favourite player because of the way he goes about it.

I don't blame Levi for leaving, he has been (minus this year) horribly managed. He is a natural ball winner, and natural runner. Yet when insisted on playing him as a tagger instead of letting him win the ball for himself. Finally got an extended crack as an inside ball winner because of Ziebell's form slump and Swallow injuries and look at the year he had.

It also helps that he is as genuine as they come. Really nice bloke who always had time for fans at functions and even before VFL games.

He is my favourite player because of the way he goes about it.

I don't blame Levi for leaving, he has been (minus this year) horribly managed. He is a natural ball winner, and natural runner. Yet when insisted on playing him as a tagger instead of letting him win the ball for himself. Finally got an extended crack as an inside ball winner because of Ziebell's form slump and Swallow injuries and look at the year he had.

It also helps that he is as genuine as they come. Really nice bloke who always had time for fans at functions and even before VFL games.

I'm sold mate.

My kids asked me the other day who is going to be my favourite player now.
Sounds like Levi displays all the characteristics of a good person and hopefully great player for the Pies.

Sorry for your loss but we will try and look after him. Sound like a ripping bloke.

All the best in 2015. Do me favour and smash the Bears for us.....LOL

Enjoy having him play for you, he is one of those players who just play the game the way it should be played. I was always proud to have him play for the roos because you knew if it was his time to go, he would go harder than most out there!

Great post. Thanks for the insight. Love tough gritty players like that. A welcome addition.

hmmm, I'm undecided about the price but he's here now so I hope he keeps improving.

Greenwood strongly reminds me of Jordan Lewis.
Oh thank you! I was trying to put a finger on who he reminded of but just couldn't pick it.

J.Lewis Hammer. Nail. I like it :)

Greenwood strongly reminds me of Jordan Lewis.
Hell yes! Similar build, courage and hardness. Might even be harder judging by those mark attempts running back with the flight with eyes only for the ball. If only he had the same skill level. Looks good enough from the highlights. Hopefully he improves again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back