List Mgmt. Dan Gorringe requests trade to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wants to come home. Didn't happen. Copped s**t on social media. Only 22. Hasn't had the best year. Cracks the shits. Media happy to report. Comes off poorly.

Feel sort of sorry for him. Work hard next year Dan or your career might be over before it really began. If you fulfill your potential, you'll have options, but another year like this one, back to the Redlegs for $800 a game.

I am without speech.

Who carries on like that ? Seriously.

The Gorringe's clearly, considering his old mans meltdown on Ports facebook page yesterday.

In fairness, given that Steven 'Port Power Est 1996' Summerton is currently our reserves captain, Gorringe might still end up a Power player :p

That crossed my mind too, but then Summerton had a few more brownie points built up before his outburst.

Neo+dodges+the+bullet.gif

Wow looks like he does have some attitude problems.

I guess he just really, really wanted to play for Port Adelaide.

Nah heck him though, wash our hands of this. No dickheads thanks.

For a second, lets put ourselves in his shoes. Say we did tell him we would get him over, so he nominates us. Then a trade doesnt eventuate. It looks bad on us and bad on him. Now he is at a club where the fans have taken to savaging him as well as fans from other clubs. He wouldn't feel particularly good about footy or his environment at the moment. I can understand the disappointment and frustration and I think he will come around to the fact our hands were tied. However we obviously tipped his management off to get him to nominate us. So the end result did become our responsibility in a way. I would be disappointed if I was in his position. Now he needs to rock up to work as a turncoat.

Give it time imo. A young guy was burned pretty badly by the system, he is obviously being ill advised by his manager and gold coast. Yes he should have come over last year, but eventually decided to show some loyalty after his club spoke to him.

It's certainly not all one way traffic. However he does need to deal with it for now. In a years time I feel we will know more about his character and ability.

As a side note, if his move was for family reasons (im not convinced), then you would feel particularly upset it didn't happen if you were him. He should have kept his mouth shut though.

Has no friends at the minute, disappointing place to be as a young player. Ofcourse he could just be a gigantic dickhead, there is that possibility also, but i remain open minded.

EDIT: Guy is a completely brainless and offensive brute and I'm surprised any club looked at him if his facebook and twitter posts are anything to go by.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the crows state that he doesn't fill any needs for them and now the little twirp takes a dig at us, killing his chances of being recruited to port. He's just shown his true colours and at the moment is probably a liability at his current club. DODGED A BULLET big time with this one. A good delisting should get him in order with both SA teams to show no interest:mad:

For a second, lets put ourselves in his shoes. Say we did tell him we would get him over, so he nominates us. Then a trade doesnt eventuate. It looks bad on us and bad on him. Now he is at a club where the fans have taken to savaging him as well as fans from other clubs. He wouldn't feel particularly good about footy or his environment at the moment. I can understand the disappointment and frustration and I think he will come around to the fact our hands were tied. However we obviously tipped his management off to get him to nominate us. So the end result did become our responsibility in a way. I would be disappointed if I was in his position. Now he needs to rock up to work as a turncoat.

Give it time imo. A young guy was burned pretty badly by the system, he is obviously being ill advised by his manager and gold coast. Yes he should have come over last year, but eventually decided to show some loyalty after his club spoke to him.

It's certainly not all one way traffic. However he does need to deal with it for now. In a years time I feel we will know more about his character and ability.

As a side note, if his move was for family reasons (im not convinced), then you would feel particularly upset it didn't happen if you were him. He should have kept his mouth shut though.

Has no friends at the minute, disappointing place to be as a young player. Ofcourse he could just be a gigantic dickhead, there is that possibility also, but i remain open minded.
I can understand his disappointment just not his public outburst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back