I like Brendan McCartney

Remove this Banner Ad

From what i know, it goes a fair bit deeper than just Minson.
The gap between the playing group is vast and the only two senior players to stick with BMc were Bob Murphy and Morris.
A total cleanout of senior players to remove the cancer seems to be the only way forward, but that would gut the club for the foreseeable future. And yes, there is also the claim of an insidious drug culture, (more than most clubs), that has been conveniently ignored for years, but I am not so certain of that.
A shithouse position for their supporters and especially their young players, who I personally rate very highly.

Bob Murphy is a solid citizen from seeing him on Foxtel.

Someone that went to school with him said that he was pretty average academically. Great bloke though that was good at almost any sport.

Yeah. Because all you know about a persons strategic ability to lead and fuel success comes from school years.

The 30 years since then of learning and growing are pointless elements to consider intelligence by. Lets just revert to "how were sumas grades as a 15yo"

Yeah. Because all you know about a persons strategic ability to lead and fuel success comes from school years.

The 30 years since then of learning and growing are pointless elements to consider intelligence by. Lets just revert to "how were sumas grades as a 15yo"
Umm I actually totally agree with you...

From what i know, it goes a fair bit deeper than just Minson.
The gap between the playing group is vast and the only two senior players to stick with BMc were Bob Murphy and Morris.
A total cleanout of senior players to remove the cancer seems to be the only way forward, but that would gut the club for the foreseeable future. And yes, there is also the claim of an insidious drug culture, (more than most clubs), that has been conveniently ignored for years, but I am not so certain of that.
A shithouse position for their supporters and especially their young players, who I personally rate very highly.

The thing is they're pretty much f**ked for the next couple of years anyway. An excuse to trade out older players for draft picks and/or younger players may not have been the worst thing in the world.

Those of us that have been supporting Freo for more than a few minutes would know the feeling.

The thing is they're pretty much f**ked for the next couple of years anyway. An excuse to trade out older players for draft picks and/or younger players may not have been the worst thing in the world.

Those of us that have been supporting Freo for more than a few minutes would know the feeling.
They'll do alright and stay completely off the bottom rung you'd think, Libba was the highest clearance winner in the AFL this year wasn't he? Surround him with some other future blue chippers in Bontempelli, McRae, Dalhaus, Hrovat, Stringer. They have some foundations to build on, particularly if they do manage to spectacularly pry Tom Boyd from GWS via a Griffen + picks trade.

Will Minson says some nasty, homophobic stuff about a young team mate.
Koby Stevens, (not the victim), took it personally and gave dickhead Will a flogging...yep, it's true.
Senior players complain to BMc, who has already put them offside by telling them to grow up and commit, including the skipper.
BMc tells them again to grow up, buy in or piss off.
Younger players are firmly behind BMc.
Senior players piss and moan to the board.
Board initially backs BMc.
Griffen cracks the shits.
BMc boned.
End of story.

Get him to Freo stat.
So, little chance of attracting Harry Labumba then.

According to Channel Eagle in Perth, past West Coast players represents a massive push for Sumich to get the job.
the only concern I have is he was there when the Eagles went off the rails...although I will admit I know little about the circumstances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW we started going off the rails while Sumich as a West Coast player.

I'd also have McCartney at WC. Would be a valuable asset.
yeah macca went a bit made in the end....not up to senior coaching but one of the best junior developers around

Should have told the club to ship out the senior players that weren't buying in, page out of the RTB book.
His failures has nothing to do with senior players....the fact he had absolutely no idea on team structures/selections etc meant he struggled as a senior coach.

No I am lead to believe something like that occured. I dont understand how that has anything to do with what I said.

Well, you did say that McC's failure had nothing to do with senior players.

Yet you acknowledge this situation, then your Captain walked out of the club, Cooney got moved on, etc, etc. So there was obviously some serious issues there and, like I stated, a deep rift between the older guys, and the youngsters who aligned themselves with the coach.

How McC can be blamed for structures and selections when he is being constantly white-anted by players, from the captain down, is beyond me.

Well, you did say that McC's failure had nothing to do with senior players.

Yet you acknowledge this situation, then your Captain walked out of the club, Cooney got moved on, etc, etc. So there was obviously some serious issues there and, like I stated, a deep rift between the older guys, and the youngsters who aligned themselves with the coach.

How McC can be blamed for structures and selections when he is being constantly white-anted by players, from the captain down, is beyond me.

The issues with senior players only started half way through the year. I would say most of the off field issues were caused due to on field issues. In fighting happens at all clubs and seem worse when the team is losing.

His failures has nothing to do with senior players....the fact he had absolutely no idea on team structures/selections etc meant he struggled as a senior coach.
Team structures? Kick it to Boydy. There's your team structure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back