Official Team Thread Gold City Royals - Season 18 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That is ridiculous.

There totally isn't money involved.

Hi second team mates. The Roys are keeping the dream alive in a sudden death final against the Coney Island Something or Others and I'm sure I can speak for the team when I say we would love your support. Please wander over and give us a hooray or two.

Go Royals - Believe!

With that tackle count and that frees ratio, can we call Joel Selwood?

Call him and say what, exactly? "Uhh... hello, Mr. Selwood? You know that thing you do? Yeah, well, my friend does it better! Suck it!"
Hi second team mates. The Roys are keeping the dream alive in a sudden death final against the Coney Island Something or Others and I'm sure I can speak for the team when I say we would love your support. Please wander over and give us a hooray or two.

Go Royals - Believe!

You have believed in us for the better part of three seasons and it has gotten us nowhere. That's it, geaux Hawks.

Call him and say what, exactly? "Uhh... hello, Mr. Selwood? You know that thing you do? Yeah, well, my friend does it better! Suck it!"
Well I was talking about calling NathanMJ_WB54 "Selwood" or "Duckwood" from now on, but I prefer your idea.

And while you're at it, get him to record a message endorsing the Royals.

Well I was talking about calling NathanMJ_WB54 "Selwood" or "Duckwood" from now on, but I prefer your idea.

And while you're at it, get him to record a message endorsing the Royals.

I know what you meant but I wanted to be a duck about it.

I don't know if I can, but Soggy probably knows where he lives. We could stalk him, see what nefarious activities he gets up to at night, and then blackmail him into endorsing the Royals. It's the standard way we obtain all of our endorsements. Isn't that right, 3KZ is Football? ;)

NyEPuBH.png

x25qotS.png

End-of-season stats:
- NathanMJ_WB54 just manages to just hang on in the end and edge okeydoke7 for the S18 club posting title. Congrats to the Honeyman. Commiserations Okey; I blame your lack of consistency. ;)
- timtamWB, meanwhile, lead the club with his 29.7 average. He's pretty good at averages. I am going to call him 'Mr. Average'. He put up some solid numbers down the stretch, 36.4 in his last seven games including an equal team-best (along with Okey and Soggy) three 40-post games.
- don't let my 23 posts per game fool you, only Okey had as many 30-post games as I did - as those were the games where I was paid extra to show up. Imagine if we had a COLA? Wait... why don't we? :O
- at least 10 contributors every week; six posters with averages of over 20.

What do all these numbers mean? Apart from the fact that our recruiting this year was pretty spot on, nothing, really, because they don't represent quality. There are no stats for quality, but I'm never disappointed in that area. As far as I am concerned, this is still the best posting club in the Sweet FA, quite possibly of all-time all things considered. Everyone should pet (pat...? pad...?) themselves on the back for a season well-done.

Have I really not had a hitout for the club?

As a former All-SFA ruckman I'll have to amend that ASAP.

How many All-SFA ruckmen do we have on this team? Soggy, myself, and then you make three. Hopefully will be four after this season.

#WGS4ALLSFA [hashtag is a work in process]

There's a COLA, but I'm not sharing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow some good numbers there. I have grown in match thread numbers big time over the last couple of seasons. Well done NathanMJ_WB54 on pipping me, but it's a race I don't mind losing given I don't put too much weight on the numbers *

*Would be saying entirely the opposite thing if I had posted 9 more times.

- timtamWB, meanwhile, lead the club with his 29.7 average. He's pretty good at averages. I am going to call him 'Mr. Average'. He put up some solid numbers down the stretch, 36.4 in his last seven games including an equal team-best (along with Okey and Soggy) three 40-post games.
I resent this title. Can't you just call me "The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be"?

One other thing, what the * happened in round 3? Every other thread hovers around the 170-230 mark, and round 3 was 460. Were the Warriors really spammy or something? Because they weren't when I played them.

On behalf of the Royals I'd like to wish Marlowe a happy 16th birthday. He bats well beyond his years.

Hopefully Davie Warner can reach that magical 300 in recognition of Marlowe's 'sweet FA'

How many All-SFA ruckmen do we have on this team? Soggy, myself, and then you make three. Hopefully will be four after this season.

#WGS4ALLSFA [hashtag is a work in process]

Let's be honest, if I'm ALL SFA after all my jokes and party tricks ran out about mid season and I coasted through on my name alone than we can confirm the Admin is probably a Royals supporter.

Campagin for me in the captains board because even if I was there I probably wouldn't. Not because I don't care but because I'm suffering from a bad case of writers block.

Even those mediocur display was a struggle. I need help. * I'm boring now.

:(

Happy Birthday Marlowe, congratulations on reaching 90 years old and still being able to work a computer. Kind of.

Let's be honest, if I'm ALL SFA after all my jokes and party tricks ran out about mid season and I coasted through on my name alone than we can confirm the Admin is probably a Royals supporter.

Campagin for me in the captains board because even if I was there I probably wouldn't. Not because I don't care but because I'm suffering from a bad case of writers block.

Even those mediocur display was a struggle. I need help. **** I'm boring now.

:(
Don't be so hard on yourself WGS. You were clearly superior to your only challenger.

1. You don't post on this board to increase your post count....like your challenger.

2. You post quality....unlike your challenger.

3. Quantity seems to be a big issue these days within the SFA....I'd rather see 10 WGS posts a match thread rather than 100 that offers nothing.

Keep up the your great work.

inb4everyoneelse

Happy one-more-year-closer-to-your-death Day! Marlowe

I'm reporting you for posting personal information and breaking the fundamental rule of the SFA. Post whatever you like about the player but not about the poster (or apparently mum jokes but this is just a myth). Marlowe celebrates his birthday on the 2nd Monday of June like a true monarch.

I'm reporting you for posting personal information and breaking the fundamental rule of the SFA. Post whatever you like about the player but not about the poster (or apparently mum jokes but this is just a myth). Marlowe celebrates his birthday on the 2nd Monday of June like a true monarch.
Birthday?

This is @Marlowes one-more-year-closer-to-your-death day.

I don't know when his birthday is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back