• Duggan

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Lamb

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No another Pendlebury is good but won't make him as good as say a a Joel Selwood. A combination of Joel Selwood and Pendlebury is better than 2 Pendlebury's
No,another selwood is good but lets talk reality!!!!Ablett jnr=best player in afl.Pendles=2nd best player in afl.So if we dont get another ablett jnr,next best is another pendles.Wow,its pretty simple when you look at it with a little bit of clarity and common sense.You know what they say about sense right?????

No,another selwood is good but lets talk reality!!!!Ablett jnr=best player in afl.Pendles=2nd best player in afl.So if we dont get another ablett jnr,next best is another pendles.Wow,its pretty simple when you look at it with a little bit of clarity and common sense.You know what they say about sense right?????

Selwood's inside ability is better than Pendlebury's. Pendlebury is good inside but Selwood is elite. Selwood fighting hard for the ball feeding it out Pendlebury is what you'd want.

Selwood's inside ability is better than Pendlebury's. Pendlebury is good inside but Selwood is elite. Selwood fighting hard for the ball feeding it out Pendlebury is what you'd want.
Cant disagree with your statement but im talkin overall player.Like hine's draftin strategy,pick best player over best positional player.So 2x pendles beats a pendles + selwood in my eyes(but thats just my opinion).Plus I admit my opinion is clouded,i agree selwood is a champion of a player,but I hate the way he milks free's

Cant disagree with your statement but im talkin overall player.Like hine's draftin strategy,pick best player over best positional player.So 2x pendles beats a pendles + selwood in my eyes(but thats just my opinion).Plus I admit my opinion is clouded,i agree selwood is a champion of a player,but I hate the way he milks free's

I hate the way he milks free's to, but if he was a Collingwood player milked a free kick and hand-passed it to Pendlebury in space afterwards I wouldn't care.

Selwood might be more productive inside, but he is tagged in 32% of the games thus year while pendlebury about 80% after reviewing games from this year. Also, pendlebury are a lot more effective with his possessions and is much more damaging. Despite sell wood having a good disposal efficiency in general, it is very misleading as he very rarely takes risk with the ball

Selwood might be more productive inside, but he is tagged in 32% of the games thus year while pendlebury about 80% after reviewing games from this year. Also, pendlebury are a lot more effective with his possessions and is much more damaging. Despite sell wood having a good disposal efficiency in general, it is very misleading as he very rarely takes risk with the ball

Exactly, that's why you want Selwood getting the ball on the inside and feeding it out to Pendlebury in space.

Hypothetically, if the Saints went with Mcartin at 1, would melbourne go with both Petracca and Brayshaw at 2 and 3?

Hypothetically, if the Saints went with Mcartin at 1, would melbourne go with both Petracca and Brayshaw at 2 and 3?

To add to this, what has Melbourne have in the way of ruck stocks? Jamar isn't getting any younger, would they not go after 2mtr Peter?

To add to this, what has Melbourne have in the way of ruck stocks? Jamar isn't getting any younger, would they not go after 2mtr Peter?

That's what I am thinking. What is the possiblity of:
1. Mcartin
2.petracca
3.wright
4.laverde
5. Brayshaw?

Melbourne have Gawn, Spencer, Jamar and Fitzpatrick. Is Wright an upgrade and can they then look to trade one of the others off next year?

Brayshaw would do his 2 years and then request a trade to his Dad and Uncle at North Melbourne.

They have Max Gawn, Jake Spencer and Jack Fitzpatrick so they are good. Key forwards I'd worry about though as Dawes is there best ATM. I'd pick the 2 mids over 2m Pete.

They have Max Gawn, Jake Spencer and Jack Fitzpatrick so they are good. Key forwards I'd worry about though as Dawes is there best ATM. I'd pick the 2 mids over 2m Pete.

Dawes is their best short term. Hogan is in the wings (oft forgotten as didnt play this year) and will be better long term - - so I guess from Melbourne's perspective it depends whether they'd think a Hogan FF and Wright CHF could work in the future as to whether they would go two mids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawes is their best short term. Hogan is in the wings (oft forgotten as didnt play this year) and will be better long term - - so I guess from Melbourne's perspective it depends whether they'd think a Hogan FF and Wright CHF could work in the future as to whether they would go two mids

That's why is put ATM in bold. If in Melbourne's perspective St. Kilda go McCartin I'd take Petracca and Brayshaw, set up your midfield. Wright projects as a ruck forward type which Melbourne have quite a few capable of. If St. Kilda pick Petrecca I'd go Brayshaw and McCartin.

Outside of Hogan none of Melbourne's forward/rucks contain the same elite potential of Wright though.

Them passing on Wright because they have Dawes and Gawn would be a bit like us passing on him because we have Gault and Witts.

With Cloke, Moore and Reid we're in a better situation to possibly bypass him as a key forward prospect but wouldn't be disappointed at all if we took him.

Yeah Laverde or Lever at 5 for me. Love the X factor Laverde would bring (which we lack) but I'm also really warming to Lever and I am glad to hear we are keen.

A top 10 combo of Lever and Moore gives us KP flexibility for the next decade (think Reid/Brown). It's a great opportunity to add 2 of the 5 best young KP talents in the land.Just watched a clip with Lever on the AFL site and he seems to have a really good head on his shoulders and it looks like he attacked his ACL rehab very professionally and is ready to go. Sounds like a leader in the making which I would assume would make him even more attractive to clubs. The knee is the only reason why this guy isn't a top 5 lock. Also interesting that he was close to representing Australia in boxing but chose footy instead. I like that we could add an elite talent in defence with a bit of mongrel. His highlights also show a lot of courageous acts and a ferocious attack on the pill. I like it a lot!

Like the sound/look of Ahern/Weller/Langford etc but just think that they are a stretch at 5 and if it's best available then Laverde/Lever get the nod. Should also be a nice mid slider or two left at 30 anyway.

Last edited:
No you'd prefer Ablett giving it to Ablett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol Ablett's aren't a dime a dozen - as a matter of fact it's an unbelievably long shot that Jnr has the same X factor - or almost - as Snr.

For those of us older generation who remember how about a cross between Bob Rose and Des Tuddenham?

For you younger guys Bobby Rose is one of the all time greatest talents ever to pull on the stripes and Desi had to have been one of the most courageous and toughest talented players we have ever had.

Combine the two bloodlines and you could have something VERY VERY special.

Collingwood's draft history with picks inside the top 30 since 2005.

2005:
2-*Thomas/medium forward/midfielder
5-Pendlebury/tall midfielder
21-*Stanley/medium flanker
23-*Cook/medium midfielder

2006:
8-Reid/tall key forward/defender
10-Brown/tall key defender
28-*Dawes/tall key forward

2007:
14(on traded for)-*Wood/ruckman

2008:
11-Sidebottom/small midfielder
29-*Beams/medium midfielder

2009:
14(on traded for)-*Jolly/ruckman
30-*Ball/medium midfielder

2010:
25(on traded for)-*Krakouer/small forward
25(on traded for)-*Ceglar/ruckman

2011:
25(on traded for)-Elliott/small forward
25(on traded for)-*Clarke/medium flanker

2012:
18-Grundy/ruckman
19-Kennedy/small midfielder
20-Broomhead/medium midfielder/flanker

2013:
6-Scharenberg/tall utility
10-Freeman/medium midfielder

2014:
5-
9-Moore/tall forward/defender
30-

*Players no longer at the club.

Personally I just don't buy into the belief we need to target a genuine midfielder in Ahern or Weller at pick 5.

Not since 2006 have we taken a key position player within the top 30 (not including ruckmen) so while we'll finally be doing so this year with Moore I still feel we have the scope to take another in Wright or Lever should it fall that way.

Outside of going tall with pick 5 the two players who'll offer us a point of difference to what's already contained within our list are Laverde and Pickett.

For me it's down to 4 players for our pick 5 with only Langford as a bottom aged Hine special the only other possible alternative i can see us taking.

Lever no doubt has the talent to warrant going at pick 5 but I just can't get past the risk of heading into season 2015 with two top 6 picks coming off an ACL.

If the ACL's are largely impact injuries, i.e. just a matter of bad luck, and the knees are considered to be fine post recovery then I think you definitely take the best talent there.

I voted for Laverde before I saw a very impressive clip of Lever which has me seeing the later as my preferred option, then Laverde who I also think looks a super talented option.

Sorry if it's been asked, but how did Lever do his knee?
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-12-13/lever-pulled-on-jakes-year

Lever jarred the knee while on the Academy's camp on the Gold Coast late last month during a match simulation drill, but was initially cleared of ligament damage.

The prospect of a long-term knee injury didn't cross his mind again until the pain continued when he arrived back in Melbourne, and an MRI scan delivered the bad news this week.

Outside of Hogan none of Melbourne's forward/rucks contain the same elite potential of Wright though.

Them passing on Wright because they have Dawes and Gawn would be a bit like us passing on him because we have Gault and Witts.

With Cloke, Moore and Reid we're in a better situation to possibly bypass him as a key forward prospect but wouldn't be disappointed at all if we took him.

If both Petracca and Brayshaw are available I'd pass on Wright, they are both better than him and as I said, they have Gawn, Pederson, Spencer, Dawes, Hogan, Fitzpatrick who are all capable. It doesn't matter if Wright project to be better then some of them because both Petracca and Brayshaw are better than him.

You don't pass up a chance to secure two elite mids just to surplus needs of ruck/forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back