Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redpath looked a cut above at VFL level the times I saw him. If not for having to share the 50 with Cordy and Jones, he would have kicked a lot more IMO.

Happy he's been upgraded. Gives us the flexibility to drop Boyd back to VFL level if he's struggling for form at any stage (which is highly likely).

A great story for three reasons:
Two knee reco's before he came here
Came as a mature aged player
Came from a non-traditional path - wasn't a former youth pathway player, and came via the Bendigo League
Congrats Big Red!

lunapic13614295016891.gif

Why? :drunk:.

Seems like a good kid, but he's got no place on our list.
I want to keep him at Footscray, and I think he'll look elsewhere if he's not offered a rookie spot.

Otherwise, seeing as we've cleared out our rookie list, I'd like to think we'll look at Jayden Foster, Mitch Jensen, and BRG93's man, Darcy Cameron from Claremont.

Given that greenwood is gone, poor Griffs_Revenge will have to find another fringe player get behind and further his crusade in keeping shortish inside mids that cant kick on the list as long as possible.
I'd say Prudden, but I have seen him at least dominate a VFL game in his first year (TBH his game style was quite similar to Hrovat).

Congrats to Redpath, hope he proves me wrong.
With Austin not given another shot, we are desperately short for KPDs - we need to look at mature options late in the draft.

There is still a spot to sign a delisted free agent even after promoting redpath.
5 players added in already including Zaine, redpath and Jong. 11 are gone.
We will use our 2nd round and 3rd round draft picks. That's 4 picks used. Can't see us using pick 80. Pick 100 and 118 will be committed to Jong and redpath.
Therefore we have 1 player to sign as a delisted free agent.
I'm very curious who it is

I want to keep him at Footscray, and I think he'll look elsewhere if he's not offered a rookie spot.
We can't be giving up rookie spots with the sole intention of keeping them at Footscray; with all due respect, that's madness.

There is still a spot to sign a delisted free agent even after promoting redpath.
5 players added in already including Zaine, redpath and Jong. 11 are gone.
We will use our 2nd round and 3rd round draft picks. That's 4 picks used. Can't see us using pick 80. Pick 100 and 118 will be committed to Jong and redpath.
Therefore we have 1 player to sign as a delisted free agent.
I'm very curious who it is
We have five second and third round picks - 26, 27, 39, 45 and 46.

Redpath looked a cut above at VFL level the times I saw him. If not for having to share the 50 with Cordy and Jones, he would have kicked a lot more IMO.

Happy he's been upgraded. Gives us the flexibility to drop Boyd back to VFL level if he's struggling for form at any stage (which is highly likely).
It's 11 gone and 5 in. Still a spot for a delisted free agent.
Check out the article on redpath being promoted on afl website

We have five second and third round picks - 26, 27, 39, 45 and 46.
Sorry what I meant to say is two bak together. So pick 26 and 27. And 45 and 46. Plus 39. It's still 5 picks. Still a spot left for a DFA

I love the list changes, can't help but think those games we gave to Austin late last year were a waste though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can't be giving up rookie spots with the sole intention of keeping them at Footscray; with all due respect, that's madness.
I know it's madness. I'm just not all that sure who else we bring in. Provided we use our 5 live picks in the draft (and I think there's enough quality around 40-50 to do so), how many rookies can we take?

Gee I'm going to miss Austin and Higgins next year

Redpath, good move, he will compliment Boyd, I think he just needs to lose a bit of baulk for agility

I love the list changes, can't help but think those games we gave to Austin late last year were a waste though...

At least it gives Talia and Roberts the crack they deserve next season. Probably be in the best 22 at either end. I hope McDonald falls to us at 26 otherwise our depth is paper thin down back. Anybody who is very familiar with the draft prospects know another KPD we can have a look at from 39 - 46?

Means we've given up on getting Tutt to change his mind IMO. Also means we won't be signing a delisted FA.

Will be 10 off the main list and 10 on (Boyd, Biggs, Redoath, jong, Cordy and 5 picks). Then we have the full rookie list to replenish (which is where I'm expecting us to draft some mature bodies).

Pearce to the Rookie List might still happen, depending on what Tutt does IMO. But yes it does appear we're going to the draft with those 5 picks. Reckon there's a good chance we'll take a couple of DFA's via the rookie list, along with Foster.

Just on the draft, I'm really excited that we will probably land Oscar McDonald. He looks the goods.

we can only have a max of 40 on the primary list, so we cant bring in a delisted FA.

Off the primary list (10)
Gia
Williams
howard
Young
Goodes
Griff
Cooney
Higgins
Jones
Tutt

On (10)
Redpath
Jong
Cordy
Biggs
Boyd
5 draft picks

So we will have 5 National draft picks and 4 Rookie draft picks, unless we delist Pearce as well.

Thats a LOT of list changes. Wow.

But 2 of those were rookies (austin and Greenwood).

Whats the maximum allowed on the main list??
Didn't last year we have more rookies than most teams and therefore had less spots on the senior list or something?

We had 40 (which is the max) on the primary list this year and 4 rookies.
Ok. Well I guess they made a hard long call regarding redpath. Is he a better option than the DFA's?
We might rookie a player who has been delisted. Probably someone like mckernan or Mitch brown. Can't see us going after midfielders.

Didn't last year we have more rookies than most teams and therefore had less spots on the senior list or something?
It was the year before where we could have drafted Goodes in the PSD, but we drafted him in the RD to have more flexibility in the options of which rookie to promote before the season began.

Somehow I can see Mitch Brown becoming Mark Austin Mk II among supporters, if we pick him up.

If we take McKernan, I'll probably cry.

Good luck to Austin, I didn't mind him too much.
Redpath - yippee. Don't be fooled, Tom Boyd is a smokescreen to divert the competition's gaze whilst we unleash Big Red.... Or at least that's what my mail is telling me, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back