Delisted #20: Jackson Merrett - not offered a contract for 2019 - 22/8

Remove this Banner Ad

needs time, and will probably be given it. he'll b a decent player

Was in the 'out' camp but firmly in the 'keep' camp now. Saw him in his second match back (v Coburg) in the twos and 20 possessions to half time and he was well on his way. No use playing him in the twos. In the ones.

Possible sub?

Would like to see him spend the rest of the year in the VFL. Harsh? I don't think so.

Was huge at the start of the year. Like Stanton with a pinpoint kick. If he's playing at his peak then he's in our best 18, so I'm looking forward to how he goes next year. Hopefully, seeing Zach tear it up will spur him on.

Was huge at the start of the year. Like Stanton with a pinpoint kick. If he's playing at his peak then he's in our best 18, so I'm looking forward to how he goes next year. Hopefully, seeing Zach tear it up will spur him on.

Prefer him in over Stanton. I don't care if you don't agree so don't bother. :)

First four games are great then fell off the face of the earth.

Think he did a similar thing in 2013, showed some good signs early got me excited, got dropped or injured and went missing.

Lacked intensity and very fumbly in the back half of the season, has what it takes and hopefully he can put it all together in 2015.

Was in the 'out' camp but firmly in the 'keep' camp now. Saw him in his second match back (v Coburg) in the twos and 20 possessions to half time and he was well on his way. No use playing him in the twos. In the ones.

Possible sub?

Ridiculous as it may seem it's the performance that you've referred to at VFL level that I have been most impressed with.

Racking up 30 when you're team is steamrolling an opponent is really not that big a deal. He was a class well above everyone against Coburg and displayed real ability in traffic with speed and class.

It's a little concerning that he ran out of puff after 6 weeks but his first month and a half were outrageously good for someone that we were all counting on to 'just play a role'. Hopefully he comes back next year bigger and fitter and he can do more of that for longer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he is very good, pretty average to be honest. Gleeson and his brother on the other hand have something to get excited about.
Jackson stuffs up way to much.

i thought he looked pretty good at the start of the season also.
Got a nice disposal and was good at pressuring the ball carrier. I expect big things of him this year

I don't think he is very good, pretty average to be honest. Gleeson and his brother on the other hand have something to get excited about.
Jackson stuffs up way to much.
I don't think it is his style to do too much flashy stuff. He seems to me to be in that Stanton mold of being a very good workhorse rather than a flamboyant star like Heppell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back