Suns must pay for Eade, says McGuire

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sorry if all your teams were too scared of being judged to ask for compensation when you lost coaches. But Ed just doesn't care and he is running a buisness, he will probably end up getting at least a bit of compensation and we will be better off.

He is being a good buisnessman and wouldn't be doing his job very well if he were to settle for nothing. I doubt he could care less if you all hate him, he is working in the best interests of the club and really isn't doing anything wrong.

This was just after Riewoldt teed off at Luke Ball for leaving the club when he had a contract offer in front of him that he turned down for a much bigger offer with a certain club, right?
I bet McGuire was full of sympathy for poor St Kilda.
Your great at twisting other events to suit an agenda. The eddy supporting saints or not is irrelevant.

I was saying you flogs did the exact same thing last year (just didn't make it public) and now you crack it at anouther club for doing the exact same thing

Eade is a contracted employee being poached in the last week of the league year after most of the employees swapping jobs have already happened.
Your opinion has changed a fair bit since Melbourne tried to poach Dew in October last year while he was under contract.

But the point is you flogs made us pay him and was threating now letting him go and make his dream come true to senior coach. How much did we get for Lyon? 0

Because Saints in their wisdom, wanted an optional last year and Lyon's management made it worked by ways. Lyon's like it or lump it decide to exercise that option.

Because Saints in their wisdom, wanted an optional last year and Lyon's management made it worked by ways. Lyon's like it or lump it decide to exercise that option.
Did he have an option? I had no idea, very surprising if your not talking BS

Your opinion has changed a fair bit since Melbourne tried to poach Dew in October last year while he was under contract.
Which I believe we requested in a timely matter before the assistant coach shuffle (that's all Dew was at the time) and we wanted him for a senior coaching job.

Collingwood are losing the second highest person in their footy department, late in the off season footy department year and are not really blocking him going for the job, they are just asking for what I believe should be a small amount of viable compensation.

dangerous game ed. when figjam goes and you need to employ a coach from outside your own staff.

guess what!!! other clubs will start asking you for money.

totally against the understanding that has existed for years. sometimes he presses the wrong button. this is one of those times.

dangerous game ed. when figjam goes and you need to employ a coach from outside your own staff.

totally against the understanding that has existed for years. sometimes he presses the wrong button. this is one of those times.

Did you think before you posted the bold above????

We already are paying for other clubs!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if Pies appointed someone at the end of October who was still under contract elsewhere, then we would expect to pay compensation.

Your great at twisting other events to suit an agenda. The eddy supporting saints or not is irrelevant.

I was saying you flogs did the exact same thing last year (just didn't make it public) and now you crack it at anouther club for doing the exact same thing
Twisting what exactly? That the rules should be changed only when it suits Collingwood and Eddie McGuire?

Good on him for backing his club. But don't expect me to bow at his feet whilst he serves himself.

Of course Collingwood has approached contracted employees before, every club would have at some point. I just don't understand the highly prevalent attitude in the AFL (held by AFL and club staff, players and evidently supporters) that individuals should get what they want and clubs should just allow that to happen and take the hit in the process. I'm not saying there's a breach of contract. All I'm saying is that why is Eddie in the wrong asking for compensation losing a contracted football manager at the start of November when other clubs have asked for and received compensation just for moving on assistant coaches? People see Eddie and Collingwood are involved and lose their minds.

Because the contract is between him and Eade, if eddie has an issue he should take it up with eade. He's the one that's leaving. It's more of eddies bullying bullshit. everyone has to deal with it. we've lost 3 assistant coaches under the AFL rule. how did prevent the forth? we negotiated a new contract. we didn't let him go and then demand compo and if we did this place would meltdown.

heaven forbid collingwood has to deal with the same issues every other club in the league deals with.

Because the contract is between him and Eade, if eddie has an issue he should take it up with eade. He's the one that's leaving.

If a party has come in and induced Eade to break that contract McGuire's issue involves GC legally.
That is how this adult stuff works.

Twisting what exactly? That the rules should be changed only when it suits Collingwood and Eddie McGuire?

Good on him for backing his club. But don't expect me to bow at his feet whilst he serves himself.
i still dont think you get it..... ill break it down

- you displayed your displeasure towards eddie asking for money for his coach leaving to be a HC of anouther team
- i then told you (PORT ADELAIDE) did the exact same thing last year to saints for richo and threatened to not allow him to go
- what dont you get, everyone does it

How come every Eddie thread a bunch of geniuses have to come in and abuse Eddie and offer absolutely no opinion on the matter he is discussing

Grow up

If The Fat Controller publicly stayed out of other clubs affairs, such as Swans Cost of Living Allowance or Brizzle Leos using their available cash to recruit stars like Dayne Beams, no one would care.

Eddie is rapidly turning into John Elliott, putting his ego and arrogance before the best interests of the footy club ..

10368238_10152429821883372_3528071710133319164_n.jpg

Rodney Eade (to Gold Coast): "I'm afraid I must insist. You see, Eddie McGuire, he has been most vocal on the subject of the coaching money. 'Where's the money?' 'When are you going to get the money?' 'Why aren't you getting the money now?' and so on. So, please, da money."

Don't have a problem with it. Clubs don't let players go for free so I don't see why there can't be processes in place to protect clubs from losing quality employees. At the end of the day Eade is one year in to a 3 year contract and is breaking it and with that comes costs. These costs should be reimbursed - costs $ to set up the original contract, costs $ to advertise/lure a new employee and why should a club have to wear that expense - either The person leaving or the club they are going to should have to cover that - not a lot and it should be capped but reimbursed none the less. Eddy would be well aware that the pies would have to do the same thing should they poach from another club

If The Fat Controller publicly stayed out of other clubs affairs, such as Swans Cost of Living Allowance or Brizzle Leos using their available cash to recruit stars like Dayne Beams, no one would care.

Eddie is rapidly turning into John Elliott, putting his ego and arrogance before the best interests of the footy club ..

One club having an unfair advantage over Collingwood through having an extra 9.8% in the salary cap is most DEFINITELY Eddie's business.

It's every Presidents role to stand up and fight for their clubs, Eddie just get headliens when he does because he is a media personality and no one wants to hear what the Bulldog President has to say

So they should pay. Rodney Eade is contracted there until 2016. He is a highly regarded football strategist and will probably take over Collingwood pretty soon if Nathan Buckley doesn't make an impact (which I think may be next year).

I say Gold Coast should get Eade in exchange for Eddie getting Gary Ablett's next born son.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back