Opinion Our 2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

lol I love how power fans keep parroting this line. It's like its an amazing new concept to a bunch of entitled handout receiving bandwagoners.

your side has recovered well since the intervention by the SANFL and AFL but going around preaching cliches is a bit rich.

"We exist to win Premierships". Ok, if that is true then the club would have ceased to exist, not one AFL or SANFL cup in the last decade. St Kilda could boast the very same thing, makes as much sense.

Unfortunately for those over the boarder, the Adelaide showdown is of little interest. It doesn't rate nationally and is of minor importance. They are more interested in who will win out of Melbourne and Carlton than they are about Adelaide and Port.

One of the Showdowns should have been on a preferred timeslot for SA fans to attend, surely. Or maybe TV ratings are now the only measure of success.

U would think the AFL owed both the Crows and Power fans after Adelaide Oval crowds saved them from an embarrassing downturn in crowd figures next year. The reward? A slap in the face.

yeah but but but but we're being smashed by port's….everything.

:rolleyes:
Yeah, this is what I was getting a bit annoyed about. Nothing personal against any poster, but if Port do something better, please point it out. Just annoying when Port are serving their members fantastically, and our marketers are s**t....
****when they're doing EXACTLY the same thing****

One of the Showdowns should have been on a preferred timeslot for SA fans to attend, surely. Or maybe TV ratings are now the only measure of success.

U would think the AFL owed both the Crows and Power fans after Adelaide Oval crowds saved them from an embarrassing downturn in crowd figures next year. The reward? A slap in the face.
It's going to sell out no matter when they put it on. No-one outside of SA cares about it one bit. Might as well dump it in the crappiest time slot then. Simples.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoyed reading this. Didn't really think Tex would make it as a Captain at least not yet.
I was the same, but I heard Kornes on 5aa speak about how highly Walsh rated him. And he is a great barometer for our side.
I don't think he will be Captain because of his ability to do media etc..., but regardless he is our real on field leader.

R1: v North Melbourne Sunday day (H)
R2: v Collingwood Saturday twilight (A)
R3: v Melbourne Saturday day (H)
R4: v Bulldogs Sunday twilight (A)
R5: v Port Adelaide Sunday twilight (H)

I think we have a good shot at being 4-1 after first 5.
Only loss I see is Port but we all know showdowns can go either way irrespective of form.

Is that 4 games only in Melbourne? I will be away for the first one, so there goes my membership.

It's going to sell out no matter when they put it on. No-one outside of SA cares about it one bit. Might as well dump it in the crappiest time slot then. Simples.
What are you talking about?
There's been numerous threads on the main board and for the neutral, this is probably the 2nd favourite matchup for the year (Behind Hawthorn-Geelong)

I think we have a good shot at being 4-1 after first 5.
Only loss I see is Port but we all know showdowns can go either way irrespective of form.
North will be a very tough first game, make no mistake.
Collingwood won't be easy.
We lost to Melbourne at home this year.
Should account for Bulldogs.
Port the only easy win. :p

What are you talking about?
There's been numerous threads on the main board and for the neutral, this is probably the 2nd favourite matchup for the year (Behind Hawthorn-Geelong)

Most Victorian football fans like to say they don't care about it .... but they all watch it :) If u are a real football fan of course u would, and those who don't want to watch ... well they have missed some cracking contests.

Well my motto for next season is "Any team. Anywhere."

That's right, I will be watching every game from the comfort of my couch on Foxtel, no matter who is playing, where ... even the weather conditions won't stop me!

Fantastic draw. Double ups against Gold Coast and Brisbane might be trickier than they appear on face value given natural improvement, but overall very happy. Thankfully, we've also got a few home games against good teams - the gripe I had about Port's draw this year.

There's really no excuse not to make finals this year, but ultimately it's going to be a transition year with a new gameplan. Getting a few winning runs and some confidence will do these boys a world of good and give them some optimism going forward.

Got to make the most of it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back