Brisbane targeting a huge name key forward at end of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Scully is a dual AA & a premiership player in his position?
I'm not sure a player who lost the Coleman Medal by 1 goal a season ago can be considered a spud.
You're new this game so I'll give you some grace.
Cloke is by no means a spud but he's a b grade forward at best now and massively over priced.

If Cloke was on the open market a club such as Fremantle would still offer the $1 million per season they offered in 2012.
The forward who has taken the most contested marks in this decade and also holds the league record for contested marks in a season is not a B Grade forward.

Scully is a dual AA & a premiership player in his position?
I'm not sure a player who lost the Coleman Medal by 1 goal a season ago can be considered a spud.
You're new this game so I'll give you some grace.

Cheers

Let's leave it at this, if Cloke puts pen to paper for a 4 year extension on the same money we will both be equally ecstatic!!

Hawkins would leave immediately. He's on 500k or under right now. All of our players have been playing for less than their worth for 7 years. If he gets offered 750 or more we could but wouldn't match it

Hawkins would leave immediately. He's on 500k or under right now. All of our players have been playing for less than their worth for 7 years. If he gets offered 750 or more we could but wouldn't match it
Hawkins wouldnt leave for 750. I wouldnt be too surprised if the lions offer him a 4 mill over 4 years he might. But I would be surprised.

I don't think we would go any over 700 and if we did we would retire 5 players next year minimum when we will probably only lose 3
Yeah I agree. Even though im a brizzy fan it would be good for footy for him to stay at geelong.

Geelong will give hawkins way more than 750k on his next contract and will match offers.it wont matter because he loves it here and is the last player i would expect to lose.

I am far more worried about losing motlop to free agency than hawkins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong will give hawkins way more than 750k on his next contract and will match offers.it wont matter because he loves it here and is the last player i would expect to lose.

I am far more worried about losing motlop to free agency than hawkins.
You telling me you think Hawkins wouldn't leave to say GWS if on Tippett money?

You telling me you think Hawkins wouldn't leave to say GWS if on Tippett money?

On 900k a year? Why would he leave geelong for 50-100k a year more? Would take a lot more than that to move him.

I cant think of a player who loves the club more than hawkins,no amount of money will move him. I cant say that about motlop.

On 900k a year? Why would he leave geelong for 50-100k a year more? Would take a lot more than that to move him.

I cant think of a player who loves the club more than hawkins,no amount of money will move him. I cant say that about motlop.
I assume you're only bringing up Motlop due to Bundy leaving? What about Selwood.

Sorry to disappoint, but Walker will be celebrating a long term contract extension with the Crows before a ball is kicked next season.

Good call Caro!

Good call Caro!

Haha never in doubt. I'd be surprised if Hawkins left Geelong either to be honest, but I have to say that it is interesting to see the Cats have loaded up on tall forwards this off-season. You could draw similarities with the Crows bringing in Lynch, Jenkins and Johnston in 2011 (the year before Tippett left). The club knew that Tippett was a flight risk so they had to have an insurance policy, and while it seems like Geelong might have an overabundance of talls at present, it's a sensible move if they do have concerns re: Hawkins committing to the club.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back