Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I may be crazy but even with all the Laverde slider talk i still want The Cockortwo!

Laverde to me looks like a hybrid of Embley and Gaff - can someone sell him to us in the context of how we would lift our current side??! Admittedly i haven't focused on him much due to assuming he would not be available!

Just feel The Cockortwo is a Adelaide/Dangerfield-esque reach we need to take to get a player type we sorely need - the inside/outside punch, someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck from the centre bounce when the game is in the balance...

The one huge difference is Laverde has the need for speed !!!!!!!!

The one huge difference is Laverde has the need for speed !!!!!!!!

So they say but he didn't finish in the top times for any of the sprinting or repeat sprinting tests. He looks like a sub 3 second guy but I wouldn't say much more than that. Has excellent evasive ability though.

So they say but he didn't finish in the top times for any of the sprinting or repeat sprinting tests. He looks like a sub 3 second guy but I wouldn't say much more than that. Has excellent evasive ability though.
The difference is he uses his speed. Cant say the same for the likes of Ash Smith and Hutchings

Edit: He didn't test due to injury

I don't think that is an accurate comparison. Laverde is much more built than either Embley or Gaff and is a substantially better mark, by all accounts.
Like I said, from the various videos I've seen of him Steve Johnson is the one I'd compare him to.
I assume you mean he will one day be more solid than Embley.

Keith Greg is a better comparison, Steve J can't see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...-for-afl-rebirth/story-e6frg1xu-1226173960214

Significantly for a player who had previously been criticised for a lack of pace, Hutchings' time of 2.83sec for the 20m sprint was faster than any time recorded at the National Draft Combine and was .27sec faster than the time he posted in 2009.

except he had been in afl system before and already had coaching in increasing his speed. add body maturity and strength and no wonder. u r comparing times against skinny 18 year olds with no significant coaching (relatively speaking). therefore comparing his time against kids isnt really a good measure of quickness given that these kids will speed up alot once they hit afl system.

except he had been in afl system before and already had coaching in increasing his speed. add body maturity and strength and no wonder. u r comparing times against skinny 18 year olds with no significant coaching (relatively speaking). therefore comparing his time against kids isnt really a good measure of quickness given that these kids will speed up alot once they hit afl system.
A lot of the time its the reverse actually. Once they add more mass, a lot of the players become a little slower. I know for a fact, Smith and Schoefield have lost some of their pace since coming in to the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back